Minford Retirement center
Icare

Marion, OH

#21 Jul 26, 2011
true story wrote:
She is awful i know i worked there she is a very bad employer an she calls it retirement canter when it should be nursing home care there are people there covered in sores an 1 person feeding 12 an that is against ODH standards Lifts being used wrong her treating her employees like crap lights out in peoples rooms people soaked in urine an covered an caked with bm for the evening shift by her day shift cause they think its fine to sit an shoot the breeze instead of give care an if you go in an try to make a difference you leave with a broken spirt cause she tries to intimidate you she will fire you if you look at her wrong an that in its self is illegal she has that holier than thou attitude an she is awful an the care she provides is disgusting these people should get what they pay for they pay 4000 to 5000 to get care an guess what it lines her pockets its unfair an cruel
That was a really good way of putting why I left there... I never thought of it that way, but I did want to help those people, it was just impossible and it did break my spirit working for her an seeing that nothing I did made a difference
Icare

Marion, OH

#22 Jul 26, 2011
Napoleon wrote:
AGAIN! Why not go to a higher power? Has anyone ever contacted the State concerning these issues? If you worked there and KNOW these things happen then report it. You are NO BETTER than this person if you get on here and spread crap. You are letting these people suffer too! Do something about it!

Oh and another thing-I blame the families too for NOT making sure their loved ones aren't getting proper care!
It truly does no good! Here's another reason why, the state would never so a surprise visit... It was like she always knew when they were coming... She would say, oh today u have to do this this and this and make sure everything is perfect because the state is coming... Why would they not do a surprise inspection is what I don't get??
another

Marion, OH

#23 Jul 26, 2011
i worked there also, there are girls there with no license on night shift giving shots and passing meds for the nurses who want to leave early for the night, during the day from what i seen the residents are changed but as for evening and nigh shift thats another story, they let tem sit till the end of the shift or have the next shift do it for them and yes there are ppl there who need total care, and i did call state nothing ever came of it
Napoleon

Marion, OH

#24 Jul 26, 2011
another wrote:
i worked there also, there are girls there with no license on night shift giving shots and passing meds for the nurses who want to leave early for the night, during the day from what i seen the residents are changed but as for evening and nigh shift thats another story, they let tem sit till the end of the shift or have the next shift do it for them and yes there are ppl there who need total care, and i did call state nothing ever came of it
keep calling. keep calling. you and only you can do this. if you have this much info then you need to pass it on. if you keep bugging the higher powers eventually they may think that something may just be wrong. calling once or twice does nothing. they are just thinking disgruntled worker. make them think otherwise.
for real

United States

#25 Jul 26, 2011
another wrote:
They tried to get me to pass meds when I worked there as well, but I told them it was the nurses job, not the aide's!
lmao

Wilmington, OH

#26 Jul 26, 2011
this is true you can report until your short of breathe it does no good she gets buy with it she always has an always will
Hotbox99

United States

#27 Jul 26, 2011
That is so sad! I've worked in 4 diff. nursing homes and beleive me they are all the same. What I've seen I would Never put my parents in one. And I pray to God someone justs kills me if I get that bad and have to be put in one. I'm not saying that all nurses and aids are not caring I've worked with some great ones. But their hard to come by. And the employers treat them like SHIT! It is a hard job and very stressful.
Hotbox99

United States

#28 Jul 26, 2011
It takes a special kind of person to care for the elderly and disabled. So when these nursing homes gets a caring person they need to respect them. I hope they know what Karma is. Because it will come back around and bite you in the a$$. God doesn't like ugly! And it sounds to me you Miss Minford Ret. Center you are hidious!
for real

Herndon, VA

#29 Jul 26, 2011
Hotbox99 wrote:
It takes a special kind of person to care for the elderly and disabled. So when these nursing homes gets a caring person they need to respect them. I hope they know what Karma is. Because it will come back around and bite you in the a$$. God doesn't like ugly! And it sounds to me you Miss Minford Ret. Center you are hidious!
Sad but true
lmao

Wilmington, OH

#30 Jul 27, 2011
Elane got fired an carol put in her two weeks an Katrina she fired her two an suspended Jenny cause of what brown noser Angie said im sure Angie cant smell fresh air anymore her head is so fare up Jennette ass it aint funny but i mean she still has Vickie which is laughable same as with Becky thats so funny to keep the worst ones an she let old Diana in the kitchen go prolly cause she wouldn't stick with her hubby like young Diana was an still is i mean out of this list of people Katrina is by far the best worker on it an jenny but the others an who all is there now its just awful an she knows the care she provides for these people but she does not care cause she doesn't have to she an her establishment are nothing but a joke
in the know

United States

#31 Jul 29, 2011
lmao wrote:
Elane got fired an carol put in her two weeks an Katrina she fired her two an suspended Jenny cause of what brown noser Angie said im sure Angie cant smell fresh air anymore her head is so fare up Jennette ass it aint funny but i mean she still has Vickie which is laughable same as with Becky thats so funny to keep the worst ones an she let old Diana in the kitchen go prolly cause she wouldn't stick with her hubby like young Diana was an still is i mean out of this list of people Katrina is by far the best worker on it an jenny but the others an who all is there now its just awful an she knows the care she provides for these people but she does not care cause she doesn't have to she an her establishment are nothing but a joke
Just so you all know, Katrina is my best friend and she didn't get fired, she got put on suspended until she forgot about the "nonsense" of taking the nurse's aide class. I was on 3-way when Katrina called her. She completely ignored the note that was left under her door about the class, Trina even dated and copied it, then ole high and mighty jeanetta wants to pretend that she didn't remember!
feather

Marion, OH

#32 Jul 29, 2011
I wish that you people would make sense when you are posting! It's worse than trying to crack some code with the way people write! Honestly, turn her in and do it again. Call AAA-THEY are ADVOCATES for the elderly!
lmao

Wilmington, OH

#33 Jul 29, 2011
no i said nothing bad about Katrina i think she was the best employee there when she lost her that place has to an must have went to hell an Katrina took care of all those people alone at night thats what 40 some people she should sue because that alone is illegal an if she was on suspension then quit i wouldn't blame her but if Jeanette did like she does an suspended her an then wrote terminated Katrina could also sue because she didnt follow proper procedure an if i was her i would because Janetta can not do that by law she is not allowed
in the know

United States

#34 Jul 29, 2011
lmao wrote:
no i said nothing bad about Katrina i think she was the best employee there when she lost her that place has to an must have went to hell an Katrina took care of all those people alone at night thats what 40 some people she should sue because that alone is illegal an if she was on suspension then quit i wouldn't blame her but if Jeanette did like she does an suspended her an then wrote terminated Katrina could also sue because she didnt follow proper procedure an if i was her i would because Janetta can not do that by law she is not allowed
She suspended her for refusing to work! She was willing to work all through the class, she asked to leave 30 minutes early, it would not have hurt to let her leave I can't stand that woman. And the reason she gets by with the 40 or 50 patients to 1 aide is because it's "supposedly" a "retirement" center
lmao

Wilmington, OH

#35 Jul 29, 2011
still most of them are nursing home care an she cant leave Katrina there by her self she has to pay a nurse to be there at all time she has to what if something would happen before she could get there an the place is so big that the girl from the other building it would take her longer then five mins to get there an in the other building they are not allowed to pass meds they are not it is illegal as well im still saying sue an i wish Katrina the best she is a good person she deserves better than that job that lady treated her bad back when she hurt her arm yet she stayed an put up with it but if i was heri would sue an live in the lap of luxury cause Katrina could sue if she wanted Janetta would be lucky if she did not sue her
He knows me lol

United States

#36 Aug 17, 2011
I had an affair w/ mr collins when i worked there back in the 90's and it was like that back then !! It was when donna and janices and ann stephanie angie was there !! Mrs collins is a bitch and mr collins is a hoe!!! And henry jr is a no good piece of shit and tina is just tina!!
ehhh

Wilmington, OH

#37 Aug 17, 2011
the place is a rotting pile of filth an she gets by with it because she is the same a nasty pig nosed good for nothing sack of scum hanging on the sleeve of high society in scioto county just because when she takes a dump she think hers smells like roses as she forces other people to clean it well i got news for that peace of trash excuse for a women she puts her pants on the same way i do an she belongs out in the pen with the rest of the pigs if shes lucky they wont eat her alive i have never seen a larger waste of life an air she makes me sick
Ex Employee

Marion, OH

#38 Aug 17, 2011
I too used to work there on night shift. The standards to that place are terrible. The so called nurse that is supposed to be there all night leaves early. If there is an emergency in the night you are to call Jenette first so that she can get the nurse to come back before the ambulance gets there. When I quit do to getting a better paying job she tried to keep my last paycheck and when I threatened to call the BBB (Better Buisness Bureau) she paid me just to shut me up.. To anyone with family there, it seems very nice during the day.. go at night check for bed sores and that they are being taken care of. I know of at least two people that "wandered away" but were found before anyone was notified. If we spoke out we were threatened with our paychecks. I have contacted the state. Made many complaints but to no avail. There was a patient that ended up with bed sores due to being left in a wheelchair for most of the day without being properly changed. I let the family know and they moved their loved one and made complaints. I later learned that the family was given a settlement not to talk. I wouldn't put my dog in that place and have told anyone that would listen to never think of putting a loved one there. The people are not properly trained. She hires just to keep the appearance of having a fully trained staff. The care givers are cruel, not taking into consideration that these are parents and family to someone. I watched a young lady break a woman's tooth because she refused to eat. Warning the state is watching. If you feel that there is still something awry there contact the police right away. It needs to be shut down.
just wondering

Martinsville, OH

#39 Aug 17, 2011
what are the numbers to contact people to let them know what is going on down there ?
Anonymous

Lewis Center, OH

#40 Aug 18, 2011
i also worked here for a day till she let me go just because my mom lived over in the other building..now thats what i call low..only cares bout the money and not the ppl wh lives there

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portsmouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who are his clients? 42 min Pip Rademaker 5
girls body found in sciotoville??? 1 hr Pip Rademaker 4
Step Up To The Plate Lee And Help The People Out 1 hr Pip Rademaker 1
who is the guy that is working for Mike Mearan? (Feb '14) 1 hr Pip Rademaker 28
where is dena. 1 hr Pip Rademaker 7
Westportsmouth Super Quick 4 hr Chris 14
To Lee 8 hr Lee 13

Portsmouth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance