All the suboxone clinics in Portsmouth

All the suboxone clinics in Portsmouth

Posted in the Portsmouth Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Shut down

Marion, OH

#1 Oct 18, 2013
Just the same as the pain clinics no one needs the suboxone for a long period of time
barry

United States

#2 Oct 19, 2013
Well basically all leading national experts, Hazeldon,psychiatrists, addictionologists, Harvard, Yale, and Johns Hopkins disagrees with you- but I'm sure you know best (rolling eyes). Do you even bother to conduct research or do you just form guttural opinions and go with it?
Shut down

Zanesville, OH

#3 Oct 19, 2013
do you have any valuable info on the subject
Here It Is

Marion, OH

#4 Oct 19, 2013
barry wrote:
Well basically all leading national experts, Hazeldon,psychiatrists, addictionologists, Harvard, Yale, and Johns Hopkins disagrees with you- but I'm sure you know best (rolling eyes). Do you even bother to conduct research or do you just form guttural opinions and go with it?
All those "experts" haven't watched the same thieves, thugs and lazy ho's run in and out of the Counseling Center's outpatient clinic, Marsh House, Second Chance, SteppingStones, ST Lucy's ad nauseum for the past several years using and abusing suboxone.

The new "counseling service" on Grant St has the same drug seekers hanging out in front of the bldg. smoking and joking to get their suboxone there.

Hell, the Counseling Center has an EMPLOYEE who's been on suboxone for 3 YEARS. CLEAN? BS.

You don't treat alcoholism by cutting down or changing your drink. You DON'T treat drug addiction by changing drugs.

You're CLEAN & SOBER or you're NOT.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#5 Oct 19, 2013
Here It Is wrote:
<quoted text>
All those "experts" haven't watched the same thieves, thugs and lazy ho's run in and out of the Counseling Center's outpatient clinic, Marsh House, Second Chance, SteppingStones, ST Lucy's ad nauseum for the past several years using and abusing suboxone.
The new "counseling service" on Grant St has the same drug seekers hanging out in front of the bldg. smoking and joking to get their suboxone there.
Hell, the Counseling Center has an EMPLOYEE who's been on suboxone for 3 YEARS. CLEAN? BS.
You don't treat alcoholism by cutting down or changing your drink. You DON'T treat drug addiction by changing drugs.
You're CLEAN & SOBER or you're NOT.
And don't forget the revolving doors on the court system and that Hughes is bringing druggies from all over the State of Ohio.

And it will do nothing but grow larger..........
Nope

Marion, OH

#6 Oct 19, 2013
Not true. It has changed lives. If u only know pos addicts then of course all u see is failure.
There are success stories
So shut your whining and let others live and treat their own illnesses
Nope

Marion, OH

#7 Oct 19, 2013
Cancer patients need meds, some chronic relapsers do too
So get over it. You cant change the minds of the experts
You should be grateful there is help for some if they are serious
Here It Is

Marion, OH

#8 Oct 19, 2013
Nope wrote:
Not true. It has changed lives. If u only know pos addicts then of course all u see is failure.
There are success stories
So shut your whining and let others live and treat their own illnesses
BS. The Counseling Center has a LONG list of "clients" who have been in and out half a dozen times in 10 years. And the list is getting longer now that they've rubber stamped suboxone. Do you think if you took an alcoholic, put him in the Marsh House and gave him 3 drinks a day for 6 weeks that he's going to get sober and STAY sober when he leaves? Fck NO, and neither will a drug addict when you cut off his suboxone.

The long term success rate in recovery is 3 to 5%. It's been that % since the founding of AA over 75 years ago,and that rate stays there because only the ones who WANT to be clean and sober stay that way.

Recovery isn't for everyone who NEEDS it, it works for those that WANT it.
nope

Marion, OH

#9 Oct 19, 2013
the counseling center is joke
if that's where you are getting your info then you are as stupid as you look posting online about crap you will never change
nope

Marion, OH

#10 Oct 19, 2013
so unless you can stay off suboxone and all meds you don't count in life...and yyou are not worth trying to get clean
Subs help a lot of people who do it right
Stop b1tching
Stop marking my posts as spam you turd!
Just because I disagree with you and have a great point, you have to play a fool
screw your statistics, I see with my eyes what works for some doesn't work for other
I personally would be on suboxone before I got into stepping stone with a bunch of criminals only there for one reason, to get outta trouble. Their kids have to be near other kids, and of course we know all about lice, bed bugs, bad behavior, etc
Im glad there is another choice for some.
As for you, stop preaching because you have tons of vices, and Im not buying for one second that you are perfect posting on Portsmouth topix like a whiny a$$$$$$$$ B###TCI(
nope

Marion, OH

#11 Oct 19, 2013
by the way, if you are a taxpayer, thanks for my recovery b%^##6
Now go whine on that one
Ill never read it
nope

Marion, OH

#12 Oct 19, 2013
ps I have worked sober in your so called recovery places, wanted it real badly.
But crap happened and I fell
But thank GOD I have the help I need from people who KNOW what they are talking about
I want it bad enough, Ill get it, and Ill have it... but you would never understand, because you are addicted to other stuff like rumors and gossip etc and MORE im sure
barry

Langsville, OH

#15 Oct 19, 2013
Well thank God science has advanced to the point that there is absolute undeniable proof on brain scans that shows that addicted brains work differently than non addicted brains and the damage can be permanent- hence the chronic relapsing. Therefore you are talking about a medical condition that can respond to medicine. You are wanting to deprive a mentally ill person treatment. Basically the morgues are full of those who failed at abstinence. No one dies from suboxone. Would you deny a diabetic insulin? A cancer patient chemo? A schizophrenic their anti psychotic? People on suboxone maintain their lives. They work. They take care of their families. It has a role in minimizing crime. Eventually there won't be any more expensive residential rehab. That will be seen as junk science.
barry

United States

#16 Oct 19, 2013
Shut down wrote:
do you have any valuable info on the subject
It is all over the internet. But here you go for starters. http://www.thefix.com/content/hazelden-mainte... . And more. http://thefix.com/content/hazelden-maintenanc...
Big Daddy

Granville, OH

#17 Oct 19, 2013
If you pay Harvard,Yale,etc enough money they'll print whatever in the hell you want them to. That's the reality so get over it.
barry

United States

#18 Oct 19, 2013
I don't have to get over it. It's here to stay and so are the clinics. They are state licensed and have mega credentials. Their counselors are credentialed. Far better than the others that cost ten times more. They have science to back them up. They were created by Congress. You can huff and puff all you want but you will never blow their house down. So good luck on your efforts.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#19 Oct 19, 2013
Shut down wrote:
Just the same as the pain clinics no one needs the suboxone for a long period of time
Holy smokes what have you people been talking about? Where are posts 13 and 14?????
Shut down

Reynoldsburg, OH

#20 Oct 19, 2013
Bull it's all about the money my question is how many of the people getting the suboxone are working and paying for the coat . I forgot they don't they let the working sober people pay the bill
SSU student

Marion, OH

#21 Oct 19, 2013
Shut down wrote:
Bull it's all about the money my question is how many of the people getting the suboxone are working and paying for the coat . I forgot they don't they let the working sober people pay the bill
From my understanding the place on Grant st helps those who cannot afford the treatment. No one that is serious about help is turned away.
Here It Is

Marion, OH

#22 Oct 20, 2013
nope wrote:
so unless you can stay off suboxone and all meds you don't count in life...and yyou are not worth trying to get clean
Subs help a lot of people who do it right
Stop b1tching
Stop marking my posts as spam you turd!
Just because I disagree with you and have a great point, you have to play a fool
screw your statistics, I see with my eyes what works for some doesn't work for other
I personally would be on suboxone before I got into stepping stone with a bunch of criminals only there for one reason, to get outta trouble. Their kids have to be near other kids, and of course we know all about lice, bed bugs, bad behavior, etc
Im glad there is another choice for some.
As for you, stop preaching because you have tons of vices, and Im not buying for one second that you are perfect posting on Portsmouth topix like a whiny a$$$$$$$$ B###TCI(
I don't live in a statistical world, I live in the REAL one. I know a LOT of people who have been clean and sober for many years. NONE of them have been or ARE on suboxone or any other crutch drug.

You want substitute drugs for your crutch? TAKE em, I don't care. I'm sure all the "counseling" services around here need and count on your continued support.

Abstinence IS and always WILL be the only path for TRUE sobriety. It isn't EASY, and it ISN'T for sissies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portsmouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where is dena. 2 hr ntheknow 12
SOCF employees (May '09) 2 hr Obsess much 34
Courtney Spriggs Bad News For You 3 hr FOVR 20
Heroin Netflix 4 hr FOVR 1
Amanda Rayburn (Sep '16) 8 hr The D 4
Young blonde hooker 9 hr Ashley 33
I Fell In Love With A Dead Girl 9 hr Lee 17
Step Up To The Plate Lee And Help The People Out 12 hr Chris 53
Cell Block Talk & Threats 13 hr DrNO 37

Portsmouth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Portsmouth Mortgages