LaRosa's in Portsmouth?

Posted in the Portsmouth Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 10

AOL

#1 Jun 25, 2010
I seen a want ad for "LaRosas Pizzaria" , does anyone know where it will be at? The ad said mail resume to Waller St, thats a corp office for Wendys/BWW I'm not looking for a job there, but thought that is where its coming. If you have never eaten @ a LaRosa's b4, this is exactly what this area has needed forever, the best pizza/pasta/subs and salads around, when I lived near Cincy it was awesome, bring a GoldStar Chili here and we are complete..
Betty

Ashland, KY

#2 Jun 25, 2010
It is NASTY,The food sucks,And they dont wear gloves or wash there hands
Cincy

Columbus, OH

#3 Jun 25, 2010
I am with you beaver.......Larossas Pizza is the greatest around (the best ever is in Tampa Fl.) but LarOSSAS IS AWESOME.....I am also on board witht he GoldStar.
Billy

Portsmouth, OH

#4 Jun 25, 2010
It will be in the former Wharf restaurant.
Good grief

Portsmouth, OH

#5 Jun 25, 2010
Another pizza shop? We have many wonderful pizza places here now. Couldn't they come up with maybe a White Castle? or a Red Lobster?
Cousin

Trafford, PA

#6 Jun 25, 2010
"They" don't come up with anything. Red Lobster restaurants are owned by the Darden Corp, which also owns the Olive Garden chain and something else known as Carrabba's. They are all company owned, not franchised. Unless Darden decides Portsmouth would be a lucrative market for them, they won't be here. White Castles are owned by another company. They are not franchised, either. Actually, I think White Castle would have a chance of success here. Their food is cheap, greasy, and popular with some people. The guy who owned the wharf also owns several Wendy's reataurants. That's why the address is the Wendy's office in Portsmouth. I liked The Wharf, and I am sorry it is closed.
rabbit

Ashland, KY

#7 Jun 25, 2010
I heard health dept shut warf down

AOL

#8 Jun 27, 2010
Good grief wrote:
Another pizza shop? We have many wonderful pizza places here now. Couldn't they come up with maybe a White Castle? or a Red Lobster?
I agree with you on that GoodGrief but, please give this sit down restaurant a chance. It is NOT another Dominos/PapaJohns, nothing like them, it is like the Perkins Family Restaurant / or Frischs Style of Italian food. Nice sit down down with real plates kinda place.

AOL

#9 Jun 27, 2010
Cincy wrote:
I am with you beaver.......Larossas Pizza is the greatest around (the best ever is in Tampa Fl.) but LarOSSAS IS AWESOME.....I am also on board witht he GoldStar.
Dang CINCY, I need to get out more, I only thought LaRosa's were in Cincinnati and N.KY Florence, I didn't realize they were that big of franchise, I know why they are, I await the arrival, and really hope those that never been there B4 give it a chance its the Buff Wild Wings place of italian Buddy Larosa said
Ohh great

Portsmouth, OH

#10 Jun 27, 2010
I don't like Buff Wild Wings.
Yum

United States

#11 Jun 27, 2010
I want a cracker barrell lol
YEAH

Portsmouth, OH

#12 Jun 27, 2010
I LOVE GOLD STAR CHILI AND CRACKER BARREL!!!
Cousin

United States

#13 Jun 27, 2010
The health department did not "shut down" The Wharf. Cracker Barrel restaurants are not franchised, either. I'd like to have one here, too, but the company (headquartered in TN) puts them only on interstate highway exit areas.
know for sure

Portsmouth, OH

#14 Jun 28, 2010
I want a chi chi`s, and a Ryans
know for sure

Portsmouth, OH

#15 Jun 28, 2010
The Wharf had good food ,but most ppl in this area cant afford to eat there..
pigglywiggly

Ashland, KY

#16 Jun 28, 2010
All we want is fast greasy fooD!
who

Portsmouth, OH

#17 Jun 28, 2010
Right on, piggly.

Just cast an eye on the cows and heifers who frequent the Golden Trowell and such fast fooders
as Micky D, Wendys, Hickey's, all the dairy bars,
etc.

Scioto County doesn't know real food from the
grease pits that we have here.
pigglywiggly

Ashland, KY

#18 Jun 28, 2010
Real food is a dollar footer,or beans with butter.
nice greasy pizza where the grease runs all over your hand holding a SQUARE PIZZA slice.
or a big moe with fries that cost $1.99.Dats eating real good!
The stop by the southern Moon and get some fatback pork grease running off it!DATS EATIN!
tctc

Portsmouth, OH

#19 Jul 27, 2010
A friend applied to work at Larosas and said she was told they'd be opening sometime in August; has anyone heard anything more specific? Hope this is true. Really looking forward to some GOOD Italian food!
The silly goose is loose

Portsmouth, OH

#20 Jul 27, 2010
I was told labor day (around then) it should be opening.

And this pizza is super good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portsmouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CVS 5th Street...... 22 min right 100% 6
New Boston firefighters 43 min Agree 3
Colony park 47 min bdddddddfgg 6
Armanda lawson 1 hr Gghhhggggg 9
Grandview Parking 1 hr Chris 4
Club house 2 hr Taxpayer 10
poor Becky and Beth (Jun '13) 6 hr Wow 5
Portsmouth Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web