First Prev
of 23
Next Last
golden

Portsmouth, OH

#2 Dec 11, 2012
look i am not a member, but I know alot of people that are and they too are done with that place. From my understanding their has been some stealing going on. just saying.
bt

United States

#3 Dec 11, 2012
I agree def some bad stuff going on but I sat at that meeting last night and listened to everything I never said a word because it was obvious that the bad ppl were covering up and the good ppl trying to actually find a way to fix the problems were hitting a wall every time and again another evening wasted because nothing was accomplished.
ex officer and member

Bellevue, WA

#4 Dec 11, 2012
bt wrote:
I agree def some bad stuff going on but I sat at that meeting last night and listened to everything I never said a word because it was obvious that the bad ppl were covering up and the good ppl trying to actually find a way to fix the problems were hitting a wall every time and again another evening wasted because nothing was accomplished.
its sad it used 2 b such a good club and all members and signed in guest now u dont have 2 b a member 2 get in
barmaid

Bellevue, WA

#10 Dec 12, 2012
Matthew wrote:
ATF is Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms of course. But each state liquor permit is actually approved not only by state, but also ATF. With the gambling, continued smoking, drugs being sold, etc they will shut the place down. It's in the makings esp with informants who have made controlled drug purchases from employees
mooseheart sld get rid of all the officers and the employees and start over
joe moose member

Sardinia, OH

#11 Dec 12, 2012
[i believe an election should come all new officers only exceptions big ron and roy should remain not one thing is being done in the meetings the only good things going on in the moose is pool players and wednesday night cashout at 6 oclock i do plan to resign as an officer monday night last meeting was a disgrace in front of officers from moose heart
barmaid

Bellevue, WA

#12 Dec 12, 2012
joe moose member wrote:
[i believe an election should come all new officers only exceptions big ron and roy should remain not one thing is being done in the meetings the only good things going on in the moose is pool players and wednesday night cashout at 6 oclock i do plan to resign as an officer monday night last meeting was a disgrace in front of officers from moose heart
sorry i disagree they all should go
brown eyes

Portsmouth, OH

#13 Dec 12, 2012
why don't someone get a hold of the regional manager for the state of ohio moose lodge? you can go on the internet and look up their phone number and have them investigate. I heard the barmaids do make 10 an hour plus tips. to all you members, I would not put no more money in for the drawings.
Well

Dublin, OH

#14 Dec 12, 2012
They Should All Go!!! Every Single One Of Them!!!!! No Exceptions!!!
The Informer

Portsmouth, OH

#15 Dec 12, 2012
It's a shame that a good club is run by drunks and drug dealers and that the Moose Heart turn a blind eye to it. The Monday night meeting was a setup to stop the members to bring up all the issues. You have two ex cops as members and one is the most trust worthy man I have ever had the pleasure to know, and the other one has ran a multi-million dollar company and also owned a bar here in this county. I would like to know where the money goes. You buy a bottle of boose ad get approx 31 single shots and that same bottle only renders $5.00 profit. Wakeup do the math the money is going into somones pocket and we know who's. Clean the board and get people that will bring the club back to what it should be. Not have Ron, Paul and Jack run it into the ground you are going to loose more and more money how much can we loose before something is done?
biker

Logan, OH

#18 Dec 13, 2012
The bar tenders make 8 dollars and hour.Not 35 like some think.
Just sayin_

Waarland, Netherlands

#19 Dec 13, 2012
The Informer wrote:
It's a shame that a good club is run by drunks and drug dealers and that the Moose Heart turn a blind eye to it. The Monday night meeting was a setup to stop the members to bring up all the issues. You have two ex cops as members and one is the most trust worthy man I have ever had the pleasure to know, and the other one has ran a multi-million dollar company and also owned a bar here in this county. I would like to know where the money goes. You buy a bottle of boose ad get approx 31 single shots and that same bottle only renders $5.00 profit. Wakeup do the math the money is going into somones pocket and we know who's. Clean the board and get people that will bring the club back to what it should be. Not have Ron, Paul and Jack run it into the ground you are going to loose more and more money how much can we loose before something is done?
Those are some pretty weak drinks if they are getting 31 shots out of a 750ml (25.4oz) bottle of booze. Pouring a 1.5 oz (standard) drink will only get you just over 20 shots from a bottle. A 1 oz pour (kind of weak IMO) would get 25.4 shots.
bt

United States

#20 Dec 13, 2012
biker wrote:
the $35.00 is including tips
bt

United States

#21 Dec 13, 2012
biker wrote:
and I heard a barmaid from the moose say that's what she made
joe moose member

Sardinia, OH

#22 Dec 13, 2012
lookig fora small truck autoatic good on gas for around 1500.00 dallors if you know of one e mail me at joekemp61@yahoo.com
Stop Crying

Portsmouth, OH

#23 Dec 13, 2012
U'all sound like A bucnch of kids, Boo hoo we cant get drunk at the moose cause its a bad place.. Funny as hell! Cry me a river!
bt

United States

#24 Dec 13, 2012
Stop Crying wrote:
U'all sound like A bucnch of kids, Boo hoo we cant get drunk at the moose cause its a bad place.. Funny as hell! Cry me a river!
oh u can get as drunk as u want to just not much fun to set and listen to all the ppl wine. If I'm out I like to have fun not listen to the bar maids complain and other customers argue and wine which is why I started this thread to give my opinion and that's what topic is about so why did u comment?
aLLiPoSTisCraP

Portsmouth, OH

#25 Dec 13, 2012
bt wrote:
<quoted text>
oh u can get as drunk as u want to just not much fun to set and listen to all the ppl wine. If I'm out I like to have fun not listen to the bar maids complain and other customers argue and wine which is why I started this thread to give my opinion and that's what topic is about so why did u comment?
Whine not wine dumb ass.
bt

United States

#26 Dec 13, 2012
aLLiPoSTisCraP wrote:
<quoted text>Whine not wine dumb ass.
please forgive me I didnt realize topix has grammar police. I'll be extra careful........oh wait I could care less about you lol.....
The Informer

Portsmouth, OH

#27 Dec 13, 2012
Just sayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are some pretty weak drinks if they are getting 31 shots out of a 750ml (25.4oz) bottle of booze. Pouring a 1.5 oz (standard) drink will only get you just over 20 shots from a bottle. A 1 oz pour (kind of weak IMO) would get 25.4 shots.
I'm sorry let's say you get 22 shots @$2.75 =$60.50 a bottle costs let's say 25.00 that's 35.50 PROFITT BUT WHERE IS THAT MONEY GOING? That's only a part of the problem look aat the whole picture. We have a good club and good members but we do have bad apples in the basket get rid of them before they spoil it for you and the other good members. PLEASE!
Just sayin_

Waarland, Netherlands

#28 Dec 13, 2012
The Informer wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry let's say you get 22 shots @$2.75 =$60.50 a bottle costs let's say 25.00 that's 35.50 PROFITT BUT WHERE IS THAT MONEY GOING? That's only a part of the problem look aat the whole picture. We have a good club and good members but we do have bad apples in the basket get rid of them before they spoil it for you and the other good members. PLEASE!
I definately agree that if a bottle is only making a few dollars profit there is something wrong. Are the bartenders "over pouring" to help those tips along?? Are they pocketing the cash from the drinks instead of ringing them up?? I have been in the restaurant/bar business for most of my life and have seen it all. If a bartender in Portsmouth Ohio is averaging "30/35 dollars an hour" making $8 and up an hour in wages and liquor cost is shot to hell then something is going on. I averaged that as a bartender in the States in a bigger city in an upscale establishment making $2.90 an hour and my liquor costs were spot on. We took inventory EVERY week. There was an allowance for over pours, spillage, guest relations (think from the house) of which was expected. If management is not keeping an eye on this then they need to be replaced, as well as the bartenders. You can make the guests happy and keep your costs within range without ripping the place off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 23
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portsmouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
shawnee dental 23 min Peter Simmons 4
Portsmouth Trojans 52 min WHAT?! 17
P.A.S.T. New paranormal team 1 hr Body builder dude 12
Fork & Finger to return to Portsmouth (Nov '08) 1 hr I know 12
Ina Gibson, Rhonda Gibson big time internet por... 1 hr I know 7
Nikki elrod 3 hr The true Veronica... 27
hookers in new boston 3 hr dope 7th grader 4
Portsmouth Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web