Methadone Clinic
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
sick2death

United States

#1 Oct 17, 2012
I heard from one of employees at the Health Department that the owners of the Ashland clinic are opening one here in Portsmouth very soon. Does anyone have any information about this.
Senseless

West Chester, OH

#2 Oct 17, 2012
It's a suboxone clinic and they are already open but I'm not telling where because then they will have all kinds of business. Of course they are cash only. they have 14 clinics total.
sick2death

United States

#4 Oct 18, 2012
I was hoping they prescribed methadone as well. When I was on Suboxone at the Huntington Treatment Center it gave me terrible migraine headaches and I had to switch back. By the way why keep the location a secret? I want help! Guess I will just call the Ashland Clinic and ask them surely they will tell me all I need to know! Just wondered if anyone had heard about it yet or if it was just a rumor.
cheers for you

United States

#6 Oct 18, 2012
sick2death wrote:
I heard from one of employees at the Health Department that the owners of the Ashland clinic are opening one here in Portsmouth very soon. Does anyone have any information about this.
Please keep us posted on this situation and congratulations on your decision to get off the drugs. Let us know what you find out.
sick2death

United States

#7 Oct 18, 2012
Thanks for the encouragement! I'm just ready to get my life back. I have had extended periods of clean time with and without the help of medications like methadone. About 6 months ago I was in a bad car accident and broke my left arm and leg. I was in the hospital for 3 weeks and on massive amounts of pain killers. I was upfront with my doctor's when it came to my addiction history and even though I worked with a pain management team I became dependant on opiates again. I'm just glad that there is a clinic opening here in Portsmouth because the Counseling Center's Suboxone program is way too expensive!
sick2death

United States

#8 Oct 18, 2012
Not sure where you get your info but the treatment centers in Huntington and Ashland both accept several different types of health insurance as well as medical cards.
Senseless

West Chester, OH

#9 Oct 18, 2012
I know for a fact this new one is cash only. I got it straight from the horses mouth and you will to when you figure out where it is. I'm keeping it a secret because it is outpatient counseling and I am a firm believer that that doesn't work. You think it works? I'd say that's why you don't go to the counseling center anymore because they make you go to stepping stones or the marsh house.
playback

United States

#10 Oct 18, 2012
Senseless wrote:
I know for a fact this new one is cash only. I got it straight from the horses mouth and you will to when you figure out where it is. I'm keeping it a secret because it is outpatient counseling and I am a firm believer that that doesn't work. You think it works? I'd say that's why you don't go to the counseling center anymore because they make you go to stepping stones or the marsh house.
Well lets just attack the poor addict that is seeking help. Lets just make it as hard as possible for this person to get their addiction under control. Lets make sure that this person experiences every obstacle and put down for wanting some treatment that is impossible to get in scioto county if you dont have the magic medical card for the counseling center. Yes thats the spirit. You must be afraid that your counseling job is going to end. Boy I bet you are a top notch counselor-your expertise and empathy is soooo impressive-NOT
sick2death

United States

#11 Oct 18, 2012
Senseless wrote:
I wish I could go back to Stepping Stones! Unfortunately I am too old now to be covered on my parents insurance and because I have no children I cannot get a medica cardl. I spoke to the director of the counseling center Ed Hughes and while he was very nice he said they just don't have charity beds available! Until this country gets a better health care system this is the only treatment I can afford.
tia

Marion, OH

#12 Oct 18, 2012
sick2death wrote:
<quoted text>I wish I could go back to Stepping Stones! Unfortunately I am too old now to be covered on my parents insurance and because I have no children I cannot get a medica cardl. I spoke to the director of the counseling center Ed Hughes and while he was very nice he said they just don't have charity beds available! Until this country gets a better health care system this is the only treatment I can afford.
I wish you the best with getting treatment. I know what it's like because I became addicted to pain pills when I hurt my back. I had back surgery & realized I was addicted. I sought help & now have 9 years clean. Hang in there!
For Reals

Athens, OH

#13 Oct 18, 2012
sick2death wrote:
<quoted text>I wish I could go back to Stepping Stones! Unfortunately I am too old now to be covered on my parents insurance and because I have no children I cannot get a medica cardl. I spoke to the director of the counseling center Ed Hughes and while he was very nice he said they just don't have charity beds available! Until this country gets a better health care system this is the only treatment I can afford.
Just a thought: Have you considered getting a job and applying for benefits, such as insurance? You have to grow up sometime and take responsibility for your actions and future. Don't rely on anybody else, or you won't get better. You're no longer a child; step up to the plate and get clean! You don't need methadone or suboxone! Don't substitute one drug for another. Suffer withdrawals for a few days and tough it out!
sick2death

United States

#14 Oct 18, 2012
I work for minimum wage. Affordable health insurance is something I just can't afford, even when I when I wasn't using. Medicare covered my hospital stay and physical therapy but only for 3 months. If anyone knows any in-patient treatment centers close to Portsmouth that have grant/charity beds please post. There have to be other people with the same dilema, not everyone can stay clean on meetings alone!
hould have tried harder

Marion, OH

#15 Oct 18, 2012
The migranes would have subsided within a few weesks. Methadone keeps you high, suboxone will show you how to live
sick2death

United States

#16 Oct 18, 2012
hould have tried harder wrote:
The migranes would have subsided within a few weesks. Methadone keeps you high, suboxone will show you how to live
I would be willing to try it again. How long were you on it? How long did it take for the headaches to subside. Mine got so bad that sometimes I could barely move.
it all depends

Marion, OH

#17 Oct 19, 2012
Sorry but i do not agree with the statement methadone keeps you high an suboxone will show you how to live. Any meds that a person takes can be abused. It all depends on if they really want to be clean an do the right thing or not. Methadone gets a bad wrap because idiots abuse it is why it doesnt work for all. They take other drugs with it and are not serious about getting clean. That is called abuse of it and they were not using it for how it was intended. But that can happen just the same with suboxone or anything else that can be taken in a way that it was not intended to be taken. If people would just realize that it really helps alot of people they would understand. If methadone only helps 10% of people then it is well worth it. These people who give it a bad name were going to abuse any drug they could because they were not serious about being clean. Really is the alternative better? No. Until they come out with a better way to help overcome the drug problem i say its better to give hope than nothing at all. And to the idiot who said just withdrawl a couple days an get over it, well evidently genius if it were that easy an that were true people would gladly suffer "just a couple days" to beat the addiction. If it were literally just a couple days then dont ya think more people would do it. To sick2death you hang in there and i wish you luck. Your life is worth fighting for and i wish you well in your recovery.
Check

Columbus, OH

#18 Oct 19, 2012
The place that just opened prescribes Suboxone only I think. It is in Rosemount and is called selfrefind. www.selfrefind.com or 8667554258.
For Reals

Athens, OH

#19 Oct 19, 2012
it all depends wrote:
Sorry but i do not agree with the statement methadone keeps you high an suboxone will show you how to live. Any meds that a person takes can be abused. It all depends on if they really want to be clean an do the right thing or not. Methadone gets a bad wrap because idiots abuse it is why it doesnt work for all. They take other drugs with it and are not serious about getting clean. That is called abuse of it and they were not using it for how it was intended. But that can happen just the same with suboxone or anything else that can be taken in a way that it was not intended to be taken. If people would just realize that it really helps alot of people they would understand. If methadone only helps 10% of people then it is well worth it. These people who give it a bad name were going to abuse any drug they could because they were not serious about being clean. Really is the alternative better? No. Until they come out with a better way to help overcome the drug problem i say its better to give hope than nothing at all. And to the idiot who said just withdrawl a couple days an get over it, well evidently genius if it were that easy an that were true people would gladly suffer "just a couple days" to beat the addiction. If it were literally just a couple days then dont ya think more people would do it. To sick2death you hang in there and i wish you luck. Your life is worth fighting for and i wish you well in your recovery.
I'm sorry. The portion directed toward me was very difficult to comprehend due to the ridiculous 3rd grade grammar. I'm the "idiot?" To beat the physical addiction, one must suffer withdrawal symptoms, which can take a couple of days to a couple of weeks. It's the mental addiction that is the most difficult. This is the part that no one wants to partake in. Addicts are looking for the magic pill that would cure them. Sorry, people. It doesn't exist. Recovery takes a certain amount of sacrifice and suffering. Quit being weak and just do it. The reason people are not quitting is because they simply like the high.
tia

Marion, OH

#20 Oct 19, 2012
For Reals wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry. The portion directed toward me was very difficult to comprehend due to the ridiculous 3rd grade grammar. I'm the "idiot?" To beat the physical addiction, one must suffer withdrawal symptoms, which can take a couple of days to a couple of weeks. It's the mental addiction that is the most difficult. This is the part that no one wants to partake in. Addicts are looking for the magic pill that would cure them. Sorry, people. It doesn't exist. Recovery takes a certain amount of sacrifice and suffering. Quit being weak and just do it. The reason people are not quitting is because they simply like the high.
That's simply not true. There are many people that become addicted to pain meds that a doctor prescribed to help alleviate their pain from injuries. Even if you just take them as prescribed you can become dependent upon the meds. Its really rough withdrawals for a couple weeks. The physical part is like the flu times 10 & the mental is rough also. It's the horrible pain/sickness as to why many addicts don't quit. Not everyone just wants to be high & most doctors don't really inform people of the dangers for addiction of meds.
Senseless

West Chester, OH

#21 Oct 19, 2012
playback- you apparently don't deal with addicts much. They are such good liars and KNOW exactly what to say to their ENABLERS.
sick2death

United States

#22 Oct 19, 2012
Check wrote:
The place that just opened prescribes Suboxone only I think. It is in Rosemount and is called selfrefind. www.selfrefind.com or 8667554258.
Thanks for the info I am definitely going to check it out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portsmouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
For Blank Girl 1 min Pip Rademaker 6
i am not running for office 4 min Pip Rademaker 3
Dr Tempanarous-Largest Pill Mill doctor in Ohio 29 min Pip Rademaker 126
roger eichenlaub glockner bodyshop manager (Feb '11) 1 hr Rogersdaughter 8
Portsmouth Hookers (Feb '14) 1 hr fun 62
What happemed to girl in red mustang on Cockrel... 4 hr Junkyard dog 66
Hookers Don't Cry 6 hr Pip Rademaker 4
Scioto County Daily News (Facebook Page) 19 hr Lol 61

Portsmouth Jobs

More from around the web