Daymar College Lawsuit coming to New Boston SOON

Posted in the Portsmouth Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Daymars a joke

Columbus, OH

#1 Sep 3, 2010
If you are, of have attended Daymar College in New Boston, Ohio and feel that you have been mislead and taken advantage of, please call the number on this advertisment. If the Lawyers didnt think we had a case, they wouldnt have take it. Please, stop these crooks from taking advantage of any other future students!

http://www.bryantpsc.com/daymar.htm
bonnie

Portsmouth, OH

#2 Sep 3, 2010
I go to daymar...I agree its a joke, and something needs to be done, they are a bunch of crooks.
haha

Waverly, OH

#3 Sep 3, 2010
Why do you deserve a settlement when the Government was paying for you to attend? It was no money out of YOUR pocket, just MINE.
paul

Portsmouth, OH

#4 Sep 3, 2010
i believe that we are all adults. was someone holding a gun to your head when you signed the enrollment papers?(i dont think so). do you really think that furthering your education is a bad thing? if it was a bad school, and they were all crooks, then the government would not keep them accredited. the lawsuit is just an example of lazy ass people trying to get something else for free.
paul

Portsmouth, OH

#5 Sep 3, 2010
just stay at home and become an artist. draw on the first and third of every month!!!! i hope the mailbox isnt to far from your couch.
bonnie

Portsmouth, OH

#6 Sep 3, 2010
haha...noone said anything about a settlement..are you nuts? As far as the givernment payiign for this..i dont think so, i pay back the money for the educaton..duh
haha

Waverly, OH

#7 Sep 3, 2010
I highly speculate you receive financial aid due to your low income level and multiple children. Lastly, what do you expect out of a civil lawsuit? Settlements occur?! Go call that TV commercial to assist with your "structured settlement." LOL!
wellnow

Portsmouth, OH

#9 Sep 3, 2010
i dont think it is a bad idea, ppl on here need to check out the movie erin brockevich, us "little people" sometimes have to go through measures like a lawsuit to bring out the bad in that college,
i have had issues with them other than just my check, i almost got charged for a class that was not even a part of my degree, im business, and it was medical. You know how you walk into class on your first day and automatically sign in...well i did, than when i got to looking at the ppl in the class, i knew that they were med students, i asked the teacher should this be one of my classes if im in biz, she said "o no they must have made a mistake" SO i go to the person running the school at the time, and have the class dropped....WELL THAT PERSON NEVER PUT THAT I DROPPED THE CLASS IN THE COMPUTER...SO I WAS CHARGED FOR IT! WHEN I BROUGHT IT UP TO THE OFFICE STAFF, THEY SAID I WOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR IT, UNLESS I HAD A COPY OF WHERE I ACTUALLY DROPPED THE CLASS BECAUSE THEY HAD NO PAPER WORK ON IT, AND THANK GOD I KEPT MY PAPER OR I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN CHARGED MONEY FOR THEIR STUPID MISTAKE! WHAT MAKES ME MAD IS THAT THE PPL WORKING IN THAT OFFICE KNEW ME, THEY KNOW I WOULD NOT JUST GO ONE DAY TO A CLASS AND NOT THE REST OF THE WHOLE QUARTER, THEY KNEW I WAS BUSINESS NOT MED, AND STILL YET WANTED TO CHARGE ME FOR A CLASS THAT I ONLY WENT TO LONG ENOUGH (10 MINUTES) TO REALIZE SOMEONE SCHEDULED ME INTO A MEDICAL CLASS, I MEAN I TAKE 3 CLASSES EVERY QUARTER, AND THATS THE ONLY QUARTER IT SHOWED I TOOK 4 CLASSES (the 4th class being the one that should have been dropped) AND THEY STILL HAD THE NERVE TO SAY "YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO PAY FOR THIS" EVEN THOUGH THEY MADE THE MISTAKE!!!! URRRGH thats why ppl are wanting to sue them for having to suffer not only financially but emotionally for having to have the office staff treat you like you are wrong, when they know for fact they are,
okay

Portsmouth, OH

#10 Sep 3, 2010
Daymars a joke wrote:
If you are, of have attended Daymar College in New Boston, Ohio and feel that you have been mislead and taken advantage of, please call the number on this advertisment. If the Lawyers didnt think we had a case, they wouldnt have take it. Please, stop these crooks from taking advantage of any other future students!
http://www.bryantpsc.com/daymar.htm
thank you for putting this on here, seriously
haha

Waverly, OH

#11 Sep 3, 2010
What you speak of is a common screw-up of a lot of colleges. One must always keep their paperwork, receipts, etc. for everything in life.
okay

Portsmouth, OH

#12 Sep 3, 2010
a common screw up, is still a screw up
if the bank took your check and said whoops we can't cash it, cause we lost the paper work, not our fault, but we can fix it, if YOU have a copy of that check! IS THAT FAIR? COME ON NOW
yeareally

Portsmouth, OH

#13 Sep 3, 2010
seriously, why do the schools get to say sorry, to bad,when we do not get our money on time, its a loan its our money, but we can not say the same to them when they are wanting to be paid back by us for that loan. I wish I could be like the school, when i have to pay them back for my school loan and say sorry I am having technical difficulties so check in next tuesday and your money might be here.
haha

Waverly, OH

#14 Sep 3, 2010
Is it lawsuit worthy?

If you were all winners, you would not spend your time going to Daymar.
achicado

Portsmouth, OH

#15 Sep 3, 2010
wellnow wrote:
i dont think it is a bad idea, ppl on here need to check out the movie erin brockevich, us "little people" sometimes have to go through measures like a lawsuit to bring out the bad in that college,
i have had issues with them other than just my check, i almost got charged for a class that was not even a part of my degree, im business, and it was medical. You know how you walk into class on your first day and automatically sign in...well i did, than when i got to looking at the ppl in the class, i knew that they were med students, i asked the teacher should this be one of my classes if im in biz, she said "o no they must have made a mistake" SO i go to the person running the school at the time, and have the class dropped....WELL THAT PERSON NEVER PUT THAT I DROPPED THE CLASS IN THE COMPUTER...SO I WAS CHARGED FOR IT! WHEN I BROUGHT IT UP TO THE OFFICE STAFF, THEY SAID I WOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR IT, UNLESS I HAD A COPY OF WHERE I ACTUALLY DROPPED THE CLASS BECAUSE THEY HAD NO PAPER WORK ON IT, AND THANK GOD I KEPT MY PAPER OR I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN CHARGED MONEY FOR THEIR STUPID MISTAKE! WHAT MAKES ME MAD IS THAT THE PPL WORKING IN THAT OFFICE KNEW ME, THEY KNOW I WOULD NOT JUST GO ONE DAY TO A CLASS AND NOT THE REST OF THE WHOLE QUARTER, THEY KNEW I WAS BUSINESS NOT MED, AND STILL YET WANTED TO CHARGE ME FOR A CLASS THAT I ONLY WENT TO LONG ENOUGH (10 MINUTES) TO REALIZE SOMEONE SCHEDULED ME INTO A MEDICAL CLASS, I MEAN I TAKE 3 CLASSES EVERY QUARTER, AND THATS THE ONLY QUARTER IT SHOWED I TOOK 4 CLASSES (the 4th class being the one that should have been dropped) AND THEY STILL HAD THE NERVE TO SAY "YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO PAY FOR THIS" EVEN THOUGH THEY MADE THE MISTAKE!!!! URRRGH thats why ppl are wanting to sue them for having to suffer not only financially but emotionally for having to have the office staff treat you like you are wrong, when they know for fact they are,
EXACTLY!
4godsakespeople

Portsmouth, OH

#16 Sep 3, 2010
bonnie wrote:
haha...noone said anything about a settlement..are you nuts? As far as the givernment payiign for this..i dont think so, i pay back the money for the educaton..duh
GIVE THE GIRL BACK HERE MONEY IN DOUBLE. She can't even spell, never the less be able to read what she was signing!!!
portsmouth girl

Fredericksburg, VA

#17 Sep 3, 2010
First off to you negatives butts in this thread. MOST people attending that school are trying to do something with their life. unlike you sitting around, obviously not working, and knocking people. I am a grad of daymar, and the place sucks. If you don't go there, you don't know what goes on, and there are very serious legal issued. And your retarded, if infact they are doing something illegal, and they are, and a settlement is issued, all the money reached on settlement, will pay back the loans and the finical aid. Which is the situation I'm in. I now have to retake classes that were part of my degree at my new school, because my degree from daymar i was told really means little other places in the world, and yes i feel that if i don't get credits for the class i pay for, daymar should have to pay for that class. grow up and keep your mouth shut if a situation doesn't pertain to you.
haha

Waverly, OH

#18 Sep 3, 2010
Irony is a B****!
BEEN THERE

Portsmouth, OH

#19 Sep 3, 2010
I really dont know what to say one way or the other about screw-ups with registration and schedules at Daymar but I have been in several other universities and screw-ups with registrations and scheduling is not uncommon. And anyone who has been to some of those universities including me can tell you "emotional stress" is common among many students when it comes to getting the classes you need. Try getting into your last quarter before graduation and the university doesnt even offer the last class you need to graduate and you are looking at postponing your graduation for another quarter or until you can find another school that offers the class and its transferable. That's stress! Not really taking up for Daymar, just saying this isn't that uncommon.
achicado

Portsmouth, OH

#20 Sep 3, 2010
4godsakespeople wrote:
<quoted text>GIVE THE GIRL BACK HERE MONEY IN DOUBLE. She can't even spell, never the less be able to read what she was signing!!!
i dont think that, sometimes on the computer, ecspecially when blog'n you'll use slang and proper english in a sentence like i just did, we are not writing an essay for harvard, we are blog'n.....LoL
ANYWAY i think the lawsuit might not be a bad idea...ecspeacially if you have had daymar make a mistake on their part that you suffered in anyway, definetly if its financially.
haha

Waverly, OH

#21 Sep 3, 2010
Irony is a B*****!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portsmouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cant WE all just HOG ALONG??????? 25 min NO SIR 1
Why so much portsmouth scioto HOG TALK? 26 min NO SIR 17
Any horny ladies out there this morning 54 min NO SIR 12
I'm Straight 55 min NO SIR 4
girl in camo jacket by fastop 57 min NO SIR 17
Missing Girl- Megan Lancaster (Apr '13) 1 hr I Am A Belieber 135
this girl on 8th st with thebpitt bulls 2 hr NO SIR 2
More from around the web

Portsmouth People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE