I need help with interior home repair...

I need help with interior home repair. Are there any programs that could help?

Posted in the Portsmouth Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
please

Columbus, OH

#1 Oct 2, 2012
My bathroom has a leak and now the floor is so weak it is about to fall in. Also, I have black mold. If anyone knows of a program that could help me fix this. I am a single mom with two small kids. Please no smart aleck comments. I am really looking for help here. I don't have the money to fix it and don't know where to turn for help. Thank you in advance.
just a thought

Ashland, KY

#2 Oct 2, 2012
do you rent or own?
please

Columbus, OH

#3 Oct 2, 2012
just a thought wrote:
do you rent or own?
I own, well I am buying. I have already called the Scioto County Commissioners and they won't help me because it's the bathroom. And the CHIP program doesn't have any funds in our area right now and they don't do bathrooms either. My little boys room is right next to the bathroom and he has asthma. I really need to get the black mold taken care of right away.
alaska

Chicago, IL

#4 Oct 2, 2012
need a loan to pay yyyour bills,kindly contact us now at alaskajustinloanfunds@gmail.co m
GEODGE

Chicago, IL

#5 Oct 2, 2012
LOAN OFFER geodgeijiogboloanlender2002@gm ail.com
please

Columbus, OH

#6 Oct 2, 2012
alaska wrote:
need a loan to pay yyyour bills,kindly contact us now at alaskajustinloanfunds@gmail.co m
no thank you
please

Columbus, OH

#7 Oct 2, 2012
GEODGE wrote:
LOAN OFFER geodgeijiogboloanlender2002@gm ail.com
no thank you.
Just a thought

Circleville, OH

#8 Oct 2, 2012
Christ Community Church has had a program to help people with yard cleanup. I don't know if they can help you, but it might be worth a phone call to the church to ask. the number should be in the phone book.
just a thought

Broken Arrow, OK

#9 Oct 2, 2012
you might also check with catholic social services
sissy2012

Galion, OH

#10 Oct 2, 2012
we have to move so we bought a mobile home it needs some repairs where can i get help
please

Columbus, OH

#11 Oct 3, 2012
just a thought wrote:
you might also check with catholic social services
thank you I will give them a call.
gary

Minford, OH

#12 Oct 3, 2012
whats leaking? a pipe the commode, tha roof? and the black mold, if you can cut it out (sheet rock) do it, and use bleach to try and kill the rest.
please

Columbus, OH

#13 Oct 3, 2012
gary wrote:
whats leaking? a pipe the commode, tha roof? and the black mold, if you can cut it out (sheet rock) do it, and use bleach to try and kill the rest.
The bathtub and I think the pipes under the floor, because the foor is weak and the black mold is in the closet next to the bathroom. Also, the laundry room floor sounds like water is under the floor.
dody

Marion, OH

#14 Oct 3, 2012
You can go to Community Action & get on a list for repairs. I'm not sure what all they do. I know they replaced my fathers hot water tank, put in a new furnace & insulated the house. So try giving them a call.
helpfull

Marion, OH

#15 Oct 3, 2012
you could also try the welfar system and if you keep getting turned down i believe one of the news channels coulp probaly help rally support from the sound of it it is bad. I know that channel six from columbus used to help ppl get real help when the community says there is nothing they can do...also most ppl are afraid but child services will also help with stuff that are a danger in the home they r not only there to take kids away but help real parents keep a healthy living enviroment they have also been known to help ppl get jobs...just some ideas hope they r usful
please

Columbus, OH

#16 Oct 3, 2012
helpfull wrote:
you could also try the welfar system and if you keep getting turned down i believe one of the news channels coulp probaly help rally support from the sound of it it is bad. I know that channel six from columbus used to help ppl get real help when the community says there is nothing they can do...also most ppl are afraid but child services will also help with stuff that are a danger in the home they r not only there to take kids away but help real parents keep a healthy living enviroment they have also been known to help ppl get jobs...just some ideas hope they r usful
thank you.
please

Columbus, OH

#17 Oct 3, 2012
helpfull wrote:
I called children services, they won't help me fix the problem but they will gladly get involved if someone wants to report me. Wow, here I am trying everything I can to take care of my kids and get this problem fixed and this is the way the system is set up. I guess if I wasn't trying to better myself by being a home owner I would be better off.
attorney

Lexington, KY

#18 Oct 3, 2012
im sure thwer is someone out there that can cheat you good
concerned

United States

#19 Oct 3, 2012
Are you employed? If you are not on any type of government assistance I work for a company that helps people who are working but struggling and need help with a "project" such as you describe. They do a background search and require some verification of need.
helpfull

Marion, OH

#20 Oct 4, 2012
please wrote:
<quoted text> I called children services, they won't help me fix the problem but they will gladly get involved if someone wants to report me. Wow, here I am trying everything I can to take care of my kids and get this problem fixed and this is the way the system is set up. I guess if I wasn't trying to better myself by being a home owner I would be better off.
Mt next step would be to turn to news services then letting them know the joke of a system the child services in the area are they are supposed to help ppl when in need.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portsmouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Loan Max Title Loans (May '13) 34 min Coldme9311 30
Anyone ever fish the Little Scioto? 40 min Fishing diddler 1
Trooper Ervin FIRED 58 min Truth 3
Ports. Trans Prostitute from Gone:TFW found dead? (Sep '17) 3 hr ISEEYOU 100
Judge Kegley Arrest (Feb '17) 6 hr leona 64
Queen Jane 9 hr Big Lou 3
hookers in new boston 12 hr Eww 29

Portsmouth Jobs

Personal Finance

Portsmouth Mortgages