Father Wins Custody Fight, Despite Mother's Claims | WBNS-10TV,...

Full story: 10TV WBNS

A Scioto County judge on Tuesday awarded custody of a 5-year-old girl to her father, after her mother spent months in jail, for keeping her away from him.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of3,064
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
loving my daughter

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

Judged:

I was thru the very same thing here pretty much in Pickaway county...mother was refusing contact with me and my family with our daughter 4 at the time, now 7. She never had to do any jail time but I was awarded sole custody of her and she has very limited visitation. and now she is a deadbeat mom and refuses to pay child support. Owes approx $15,000 in back support....if that was a guy they would be locked up
Rob

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

Judged:

the mother ALWAYS gets custody. even if she's a crackhoe. it's not fair to men to automatically decide in the woman's favor just because she's the mother. the child's best interest should be the deciding factor. the only reason some women even want custody is so they can get child support and not have to work.
Jaelyn is Rescued

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

Judged:

Good video. Save it.
I hear all the crying, but see no tears.
But she sure tried to cry hard for the camera
Just Cause

Pickerington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

Judged:

You are so correct. A man has no rights in Ohio. I got lucky and have custody of 2 of the 4 kids. Hopefully soon I will get the other kids.
bottom line

Reynoldsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

Judged:

hey godswill _Advocate get a life what is it ur best friend get a life
cncrnd atty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

Judged:

This is just one more outrageous action in this case. The mother has been severely disadvantaged by being represented by an attorney who represented the father for a charge of sexual assault of another family member when he was a teenager. There has been no fairness as required by the constitution of the United States in this case. The mother did not simply keep the child from Stephen RIce. She attempted to protect her because she needs protection. Please report the whole story.
godswill _Advocate

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

Judged:

Fonda Flowers wrote:
This is very sad to hear. The Lewis family is a beautiful family torn apart like many others at the hands of Fred Crow. It is sad that a man who can't even come to court can yet some how get an innocent child despite all rulings going against him in the Court of Appeals. It is time for a change in the legal system. Fred Crow should not be permitted to engage in practices that are harming the children, let alone be allowed to make decisions in other cases. The Supreme Court should look into disbarring him like they did another Attorney Crow twice over! He obviously has some sort of issue with women. An investigation should be launched into all of the cases he presides over and not just one or to to make an innocent family be further victimized!
You are right many times this same judge has awarded custody to parents that substantiated abuse has occured
godswill _Advocate

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

Judged:

bottom line wrote:
hey godswill _Advocate get a life what is it ur best friend get a life
NO I BELIEVE IN THE JUSTICE SYSTEM AND THE COURT OF APPEALS OVERTURNED CUSTODY AND JUDGE FRED CROW HAD NO RIGHT TO HAND A CHILD OVER TO A MAN THAT CHILDREN SERVICES SUBSTANTIATED HE SEXUALLY ABUSED HER!!!!! HE NEEDS TO BE REMOVED FROM THE BENCH AND HE WILL BE ---- HE CANNOT GET AWAY WITH GIVING A CHILD TO AN ABUSER ANY MORE!!! CHERISH HAS WON EVERY APPEAL AND WILL WIN AGAIN ONLY THIS TIME HER CHILD IS IN THE HANDS OF A PERSON CHILDREN SERVICES SEXUALLY ABUSED HER AND WE HAVE TO WAIT ON THE COURT OF APPEALS TO GET HER OUT OF THERE
WHERE IS THE JUSTICE???
Richard Christy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

Judged:

she deserves 8 years in prison for her claims!
Jaelyn is Rescued

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

Judged:

godswill _Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>you know it isnt so please stop trying to get people to not look at the evidence not nice to see you here!
My computer flags it as an unsafe site likely infected with virus. Besides it is a home made blog site you made, it is in no way the truth.
godswill _Advocate

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

Judged:

Can you imagine how that little girl is feeling right now after she trusted the courts to keep her safe and she is on her way back to the person children services, a team of child abuse investigaters, a doctor, and a sane (sexual assault nurse examiner) and a local deputy all substantiated the child was sexaully abused and named the father stephen rice!!

my heart is broken for her she was protected for 8 months while her mom was in jail and for what to be sent back there anyway
Jaelyn is Rescued

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

Judged:

<quoted text>NO I BELIEVE IN THE JUSTICE SYSTEM AND THE COURT OF APPEALS OVERTURNED CUSTODY AND JUDGE FRED CROW HAD NO RIGHT TO HAND A CHILD OVER TO A MAN THAT CHILDREN SERVICES SUBSTANTIATED HE SEXUALLY ABUSED HER!!!!! HE NEEDS TO BE REMOVED FROM THE BENCH AND HE WILL BE ---- HE CANNOT GET AWAY WITH GIVING A CHILD TO AN ABUSER ANY MORE!!! CHERISH HAS WON EVERY APPEAL AND WILL WIN AGAIN ONLY THIS TIME HER CHILD IS IN THE HANDS OF A PERSON CHILDREN SERVICES SEXUALLY ABUSED HER AND WE HAVE TO WAIT ON THE COURT OF APPEALS TO GET HER OUT OF THERE
WHERE IS THE JUSTICE???
It's the same justice this family has gone through for months now not knowing where their child was, or if she was dead or alive. along with thousands of other people.
So sit down and WAIT
Meanwhile, Jaelyn is reunited with her father and family and is safe. Not out running around hiding with an immature 20 year old girl with a warrant out for her arrest for interferring with child custody.
Concerned Advocate

Ft Mitchell, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

Judged:

I was present for this hearing which was supposed to be only a status conference and pre-trial hearing. Instead the judge once again abused his discretion and ruled in the case without hearing any of the facts and evidence behind very serious allegations of abuse of this child by her father. With disdain, Judge Crow said, "I don't care." The information I have about this case and the evidence I have seen with my own eyes indicates that Mr. Rice should be behind bars. Judge Crow has put this child in immediate danger of serious harm. Any judge or other servant of the public who doesn't care about the welfare of the people or the safety of a child should be removed from office. I cannot express the troubling gravity of what I witnessed in court today. Our courts are out of control and appear to get a kick out of hurting innocent people!
godswill _Advocate

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

Judged:

Jaelyn is Rescued wrote:
<quoted text>
Why didn't you take these damned things to court with you today if they are so real?
You might as well hush about your altered documents, no one believes you now for sure.
The court has seen the REAL ONES, and based their decision based on the truth, not lies.
this was a status conference and no decisions were supposed to be made and the judge did not want to hear them. they are actual documents anyone can get copies of them and again the 4th district of appeals overturned the custody so yes they will again overturn this and Jaelyn will be brought back in the mean time she is being handed over to a person that has a history of sexual abuse with a 4 year old family member and the juvenile record was just ordered over to Cherishs attorney so it will all come out..
Justice Prevailed

El Cajon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

Judged:

C.O.C. is a virus. Many people's computers have crashed because of it. Godswill_Advocate is a virus herself. Only because she was wronged by a man (claims she was raped) she feels automatically that Stephen is at fault. Therefore, she is on a mission to ruin the father's life and Jaelyn's as well. Judge Crow has seen all the evidence, has heard all the testimonies and is privy to Cherish's antics on abusing the justice system. It was only a matter of time before a judge would see through her crazy antics. Ironically, whenever this happens, she tries to go outside of the county to obtain a new judge. Her lies and deceit have finally caught up to her. I think if she doesn't go to prison for all of the things she has put the Rice family through, perhaps she should take up an acting career. Bravo on the fake crying and pretending as if she gives a damn about Jaelyn. She has NEVER cared about Jaelyn. If you knew Jaelyn, you'd know this. I'm so excited beyond words that Jaelyn is finally going home!!! Thank you for all that has supported The Rice’s through this nightmare. God bless!
Jaelyn is Rescued

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

Judged:

Can you imagine how that little girl is feeling right now after she trusted the courts to keep her safe and she is on her way back to the person children services, a team of child abuse investigaters, a doctor, and a sane (sexual assault nurse examiner) and a local deputy all substantiated the child was sexaully abused and named the father stephen rice!!
my heart is broken for her she was protected for 8 months while her mom was in jail and for what to be sent back there anyway
Just who do you know protected her?
Where was she while she was being protected, as you claim?
Ashley

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

Judged:

So glad to hear that Jaeylen has been reunited with her dad and his family. No matter the circumstances it is up to the court to decide what is best, that is why there is a judicial system so that someone can make decisions that is not within the parties. I think highly of the Rice family and cannot imagine that Stephen would do such a thing. HOWEVER, I will play devils advocate and say that in the event that any of the allegations were true then it is up to the court to believe the information and order custody accordingly. I pray that Jaelyn be able to get into a school system and begin a normal life like other 5 year old little girls. Depriving her of an education and the ability to have friends and act like a child was only hurting her.
Justice Prevailed

El Cajon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

Judged:

There isn't any imagining necessary. I spoke to Megan today and she informed me of a conversation she and Stephen had with Jaelyn today. I also spoke with several people who were priviliged to spend the day with Jaelyn. All say she is in great spirits and very excited to be reunited with her loved ones on the Rice's side and even more so, her father and "mommy" (she calls Megan "mommy"). She is excited to see cousins on her mommy's side in FL and excited for Easter and to go to the beach! She isn't in fear what so ever for she knows she is finally escaping those who wronged her all along! Praise Jesus! This woman has no idea what she is talking about. She has never had the pleasure to know Jaelyn the way I do and the way many of us have. She is going on false information and not facts. I can assure you this. The courts know this. It was only a matter of time before their lies came back to them. Sorry Lewis's!
Justice Prevailed

El Cajon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

Judged:

Concerned Advocate wrote:
I was present for this hearing which was supposed to be only a status conference and pre-trial hearing. Instead the judge once again abused his discretion and ruled in the case without hearing any of the facts and evidence behind very serious allegations of abuse of this child by her father. With disdain, Judge Crow said, "I don't care." The information I have about this case and the evidence I have seen with my own eyes indicates that Mr. Rice should be behind bars. Judge Crow has put this child in immediate danger of serious harm. Any judge or other servant of the public who doesn't care about the welfare of the people or the safety of a child should be removed from office. I cannot express the troubling gravity of what I witnessed in court today. Our courts are out of control and appear to get a kick out of hurting innocent people!
Jaelyn is happy. That is all that matters. Have a great day (I know I am!)
Larry

Powell, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

Judged:

This judges decission not to allow the evidence of molestation while with the father makes the judge as guilty as a child molester as the father. This judge needs replaced. His ruling have been turned over previously in the court of appeals and hope that at some point they remove him from the bench.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of3,064
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

70 Users are viewing the Portsmouth Forum right now

Search the Portsmouth Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Josh Porter seeking companion 16 min Portsmouthmanlooking 2
Looking for a J/O buddy 18 min Portsmouthmanlooking 2
Illegal Alians Arriving 28 min Jackwagon 17
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 57 min Pope Che Reagan Christ I 28,419
1 Blessing From God 1 hr Stephen Levi 9
rosemount community counseling 1 hr Mike 35
Tuesday nights hot night do hookers 1 hr Soleman 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Portsmouth Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••