Posted in the Portsmouth Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Retro

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Oct 13, 2010
CRISPIE CREME DONUTS ARE BACK!!!
If you haven't tried Crispie Creme Donuts lately, you are in for a treat.
I stopped last night and they were like they were years ago!!! They have found their nitch!!!
I took a bite and remembered why people drove for miles for them. They were light and fluffy and icened just right. Each bite better than the first.
The Crispie Creme recipe took many years to perfect and the perfection had been violated.
Mrs. Renison would be proud of the donuts they are serving.
I was very impressed with the staff.. It is very rare to get employees that care about your business as you.
The Crispie Creme Donuts were traditional for so many people. And I think it could be again!
WELCOME BACK CRISPIE CREME DONUTS!!!
nasty

Marion, OH

#2 Oct 13, 2010
Retro wrote:
CRISPIE CREME DONUTS ARE BACK!!!
If you haven't tried Crispie Creme Donuts lately, you are in for a treat.
I stopped last night and they were like they were years ago!!! They have found their nitch!!!
I took a bite and remembered why people drove for miles for them. They were light and fluffy and icened just right. Each bite better than the first.
The Crispie Creme recipe took many years to perfect and the perfection had been violated.
Mrs. Renison would be proud of the donuts they are serving.
I was very impressed with the staff.. It is very rare to get employees that care about your business as you.
The Crispie Creme Donuts were traditional for so many people. And I think it could be again!
WELCOME BACK CRISPIE CREME DONUTS!!!
The above postede by Mile Jones the owner trying to sell this rat hole
wheelchair cat

Marion, OH

#3 Oct 13, 2010
POWDERED DOUGHNUTS MAKE ME GO NUTS!
Retro

King George, VA

#4 Oct 13, 2010
No commercial here!

I drove by,their marque light was on and they were actually open and selling donuts!
Honestly. I think it was the best donut that I've ever had in my life. Whoda thought! Right there on Gallia St.
Lucille

Marion, OH

#5 Oct 13, 2010
gimme a break !!!they should have cared enough to make good donuts years ago ,,they only are trying now after they lost there business and its too far gone... sorry
Retro

King George, VA

#6 Oct 13, 2010
This is just about a good donut.
I was so pleasantly surprised with the taste and I know that others would agree.
Sorry, no hidden agenda. I'm not promoting anything.
The business has been ran into ground. I've tried many times to go buy donuts.. 9 times out of 10 they are closed. If open, they are out of Crispie Creme donuts. And if you were fortunate enough to actually get a Crispie Creme ~ 1/2 was plenty.
That doesn't change the fact, that last night, I had the best donut that I ever had! No matter who owns it.
he aint a liar lol

Marion, OH

#7 Oct 14, 2010
i read this yesterday, and knew i would be going by crispie cream this morning, so i stopped and got some doughnuts to see if it was true, and it is! my fav is the mountain tops, and the icing is soooooooooo much better, it use to taste like greasy kind of , the white icing on top, but today it was super sweet and really good~! so stop in and see the difference for yourselves. The only thing, if you buy 3 or more doughnuts they need to put it in a box, they tried to cram 6 doughnuts i got in a lil brown paper bag, i looked in and the icing was all smeared in the bag, i took it back and got new doughnuts replaced in the box. hopefully they start doing that from now on....if not just ask for them to put it in a box for ya.
Retro

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Oct 14, 2010
Thank you!!
When I ate one the other night ~ I was leary ~ could I be wrong or maybe just a fluke.
I stopped the next night and got a dozen for some friends to find out their opinion. They agreed with me.
WONDERFUL DONUTS!
Retro

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Oct 14, 2010
Thank you!
I think that anyone that has one will think it is the best. No comparison to Hortons, Bob Evans or Krogers..
e-beth

Marion, OH

#10 Oct 14, 2010
i love crispie cream donuts...i want one now
Jess Wondering

Piketon, OH

#11 Oct 14, 2010
Good. I hope they are getting their act in gear.
Ummm

Chicago, IL

#12 Oct 16, 2010
I'm heading over there now then! They were soso good!!! Yum!
what BS

Marion, OH

#13 Oct 16, 2010
all these posts by people working there trying to help a dying business with nasty food and nasty people working there the place is for SALE I wonder why ? because it's allNASTY
Now workers or owners keep posting your shit how good it is when in fact it sucks.
Retro

Marion, OH

#14 Oct 16, 2010
It's about the DONUTS. Damnit.
mohabone

Marion, OH

#15 Oct 16, 2010
let someone else be the guinnie pig... i got too many bad donuts so i'm done with them
satisfied

Marion, OH

#16 Oct 16, 2010
My family had these donuts for breakfast!!! Far the best ever pastry unless you go to like Chicago or Louisianna for the benet. Of course with wellness focus that is a current trend they may suffer for business. I am curious why not opened on Sundays??? And this post is just about my reponse to the taste of Krispie Kreme donuts.
ptownobserver

Berea, KY

#17 Oct 16, 2010
Best Donuts on earth. Day old are the bomb!
ptownobserver

Berea, KY

#18 Oct 16, 2010
Best donuts on earth. I even love the day old donuts.
alli know

Marion, OH

#19 Oct 16, 2010
no other doughnut can beat the creame horns on market street..they are the best and always will be!!
Jtf

King George, VA

#20 Oct 16, 2010
Me and my fam get them on sat morning I had one this morning and OMG AMAZING!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portsmouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know Ashley Culp from Franklin Furnace? 6 min Bobmyknob 1
NoHairy Marcum 10 min Mrdude 1
When Angie Szul Were Mine :( 28 min first chair 5
My kids a starter, in case you forgot I'll post... 34 min academormusician 11
John Szul has a tiny piece 41 min Angel 7
Tiffani Martin 43 min middlefingercounts 4
kaylie (Sep '15) 47 min JustLooking 2

Portsmouth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance