James Hadinger
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
WOW

South Webster, OH

#1 Feb 24, 2013
UPDATE: Substitute Teacher Arrested on Sex Abuse Charges; Name Released
Updated: 02/22/13 - A substitute, hired by the Mason County Board of Education, was arrested Thursday for "inappropriate behavior with a student." Read More
WOW

South Webster, OH

#2 Feb 24, 2013
UPDATE: Substitute Teacher Arrested on Sex Abuse Charges; Name Released

UPDATE 2/22/13 @ 7:25 p.m.
MASON COUNTY, W.Va.(WSAZ)-- A substitute teacher in Mason County faces two counts of sexual abuse, accused of having "inappropriate behavior with a student."

Mason County Sheriff's deputies on Thursday arrested James Paul Hadinger, 43, of Gallipolis Ferry. He was charged with two counts of sexual abuse by a parent, guardian, custodian or person in a position of trust to a child.

According to the criminal complaint, Hadinger was a substitute teacher at Hannan Junior Senior High School and became involved with the female, underage student during the last several weeks.

On Feb. 12, investigators say Hadinger met the student at a grocery store and the two went to a basketball game together.

Deputies say after they left the game, Hadinger and the girl drove to an abandoned house along Ball Chapel Road in Ashton where he allegedly engaged in sexual conduct with her.

According to neighbors, Hadinger was also a preacher at Faith Gospel Church in Gallipolis Ferry. He led several youth groups at the church.

According to the Sheriff's deputy on the case, Hadinger gave a written confession to the alleged incident.

He is in the Western Regional Jail; bond was set at $200,000.

Hannan Junior Senior High School Principal Karen Oldham said counselors and school psychologists are being offered to students as a result of the incident.

Mason County Schools Superintendent Suzanne Dickens released the following statement on the incident:

"Confidentiality requirements prevent me from commenting upon or discussing any allegations of employee misconduct. In the event disciplinary action is taken against an employee by the Board, further information will be disclosed. However, I can say that anytime the district is confronted with allegations relating to the safety and welfare of students, the allegations are taken seriously, thoroughly investigated and that measures are taken to ensure that students are safe and not exposed to any continuing risk of harm."

Keep clicking on WSAZ.com for the latest information.
question

United States

#3 Feb 24, 2013
Did he work for child protective services here in Scioto County?
Someone Who Knows

South Webster, OH

#4 Feb 24, 2013
Actually Yes He Did About 7 Or 8 Years Ago!!
Makes Me Sick

South Webster, OH

#5 Feb 24, 2013
I Just Wonder How Many More Underage Kids That They Don't Know About Yet? Hope It All Comes Out! Can't Believe He Worked For Children Services In Our County!
Sad

Jackson, OH

#6 Feb 27, 2013
So sad...he knew better....
Something ELse

Jackson, OH

#7 Feb 27, 2013
Men like that don't deserve to see the light of day. But did they find any proof?? It's sick If he did!!
Something ELse

Jackson, OH

#8 Feb 27, 2013
Sad wrote:
So sad...he knew better....
In The Wsaz News Article According To The Sherriff's Deputy On The Case Hadinger Gave A Written Confession. How Does A Ex Child Services Worker Do Something Like That??
showup

Marion, OH

#9 Feb 27, 2013
he goes to court tomorrow at 11AM
Really Sick

Jackson, OH

#10 Feb 27, 2013
If you look on the internet you will see Wsaz news they have the proof. He told on himself. Really sick!! Yes he did work for children services!!!
Sad

Jackson, OH

#11 Feb 27, 2013
showup wrote:
he goes to court tomorrow at 11AM
Hope he gets what he deserves!
Torn

Springfield, OH

#12 Feb 27, 2013
What he did was horribly wrong...there is no excuse for his actions. I know the family well and the girl in question is known for having affairs with older men. Apparently she is very seductive (this is coming from classmates, not Jim's family). Not saying that this makes it ok, but there is more to this than just his actions. He still should have known better.
Yuck

United States

#13 Feb 27, 2013
He's fat
yelp

Marion, OH

#14 Feb 27, 2013
he use to be the youth pastor at the former First Baptist Church of Sciotoville... same location as the McGraw Basketball Leagues on State Route 140... plenty of innocent targets for him there. Hope this was his only time... sick, sick man.
Just Sayin

Senecaville, OH

#15 Feb 28, 2013
Torn wrote:
What he did was horribly wrong...there is no excuse for his actions. I know the family well and the girl in question is known for having affairs with older men. Apparently she is very seductive (this is coming from classmates, not Jim's family). Not saying that this makes it ok, but there is more to this than just his actions. He still should have known better.
I don't think anything would have happened to him if he had not been a Pastor or a Teacher, if she was over the age of 16, at least that is what our Ohio Revised Code says (I looked it up online). But, he abused his authority as a person that a child could trust.
Torn

Springfield, OH

#16 Feb 28, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think anything would have happened to him if he had not been a Pastor or a Teacher, if she was over the age of 16, at least that is what our Ohio Revised Code says (I looked it up online). But, he abused his authority as a person that a child could trust.
I agree. From what I've been told, there was no sex. Def inappropriate behavior but there was no sex. I guess he's got that going for him. Dunno. Personally, I think this is a one time stupid mistake. Maybe he was facing the dreaded mid-life crisis. From what I've heard, she just turned 18. Still, you're right. It's more of an abuse of his authority than anything else.
yelp

Marion, OH

#17 Feb 28, 2013
oral sex is sex... unless you're Bill Clinton. He confessed. He'll get what he deserves.
Ewww

Nelsonville, OH

#18 Feb 28, 2013
yelp wrote:
oral sex is sex... unless you're Bill Clinton.
The definition of 'is' implies something exists in the present tense. Because I'm fairly sure there wasn't any oral sex going on at Clinton's hearing, saying oral sex *is anything, wouldn't have made sense. Maybe it *was sex, at some point, though.
Did someone a few posts up, say this guy must have been going through a mid-life crisis? Really?
It worries me, that all we hear about anymore are these Christian/Catholic youth 'leaders' that keep on molesting kids.
If this happened in any other group, a guy like this would need to be hitting the road, but the Christians will protect them.
A couple of you act like this is a technicality, but surely you're not suggesting that we hold religious leaders to a lower ethical standard than teachers, or any other person in a position of authority? It's always a technicality when it concerns you or someone you know. What if it were a 17yo high school student and the math teacher? Or a juvenile inmate and a guard at a detention facility? Or a foster kid and their guardian? Do any of these sound okay? They're all statutory rape, and Jesus ain't savin' anyone here.
Just Sayin

Peebles, OH

#19 Mar 3, 2013
I hope they throw the book at him. A teacher messing with a student, he deserves it.
Hes gross

Peebles, OH

#20 Mar 3, 2013
I think he should be sent to prison for what he has done & really see how he Is going to make It In there specially when they find out his charge which they will as soon as he walks In there. People like that deserve what they get! I do not feel sorry for him at all. He's a very sick man!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portsmouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happemed to girl in red mustang on Cockrel... 1 hr Junkyard dog 66
Hookers Don't Cry 3 hr Pip Rademaker 4
President Trump berates the news media....again 3 hr DrNO 207
i am not running for office 4 hr Pip Rademaker 1
For Blank Girl 4 hr Pip Rademaker 4
Portsmouth Hookers (Feb '14) 5 hr FINGER 61
Popeyes Chicken (Feb '13) 8 hr gary 21
Dr Tempanarous-Largest Pill Mill doctor in Ohio 10 hr Pip Rademaker 121
Scioto County Daily News (Facebook Page) 16 hr Lol 61

Portsmouth Jobs