New Superintendent of SCS

Posted in the Portsmouth Forum

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Opinion

Marion, OH

#1 May 26, 2011
I believe the new superintendent of Sciotoville Community Schools should be Lori Lowe. She is the obvious choice and the only one that is a true Tartan. If we are really a community school, then we should hire from our own community.

Lori has the knowledge of special education (which is vital to the management of a school district), along with the knowledge of routine day-to-day operations.

This is a no-lose situation if she is hired. If you combine Lori's intelligence with Bill Shope's political clout, then there is nothing Sciotoville Community Schools cannot achieve!

She has applied for the job. Please contact your school board members and let them know that we want Lori Lowe as our next superintendent.
The real ville

Jersey City, NJ

#2 May 26, 2011
Does baggge count for anything? Plus if the school always hired locally, what kind of world view or even a national view would a home
Grown sciotoville teacher or administrator share. Schools should prepare kids for the reel world. Not just Sciotoville.
I like Lori and she may be the best fit, there are a dozen or so applicants. Let's wait and see what there is to choose from instead of just givi g it to a local.
east08

Marion, OH

#3 May 26, 2011
Opinion wrote:
I believe the new superintendent of Sciotoville Community Schools should be Lori Lowe. She is the obvious choice and the only one that is a true Tartan. If we are really a community school, then we should hire from our own community.
Lori has the knowledge of special education (which is vital to the management of a school district), along with the knowledge of routine day-to-day operations.
This is a no-lose situation if she is hired. If you combine Lori's intelligence with Bill Shope's political clout, then there is nothing Sciotoville Community Schools cannot achieve!
She has applied for the job. Please contact your school board members and let them know that we want Lori Lowe as our next superintendent.
who should i call first? maybe we should rally at the football field for lowe to show are support!
Shocked

Marion, OH

#4 May 26, 2011
Opinion wrote:
Are you completely insane?
What theeeeee

United States

#5 May 26, 2011
Lori Lowe? Are you kidding us? This woman is THE scioto county joke. NO ONE respects her.
Opinion

Marion, OH

#6 May 27, 2011
What theeeeee wrote:
Lori Lowe? Are you kidding us? This woman is THE scioto county joke. NO ONE respects her.
What exactly is there not to respect?

She was a successful teacher in Piketon. She was a successful principal at Harding Elementary. She returned to the Pike area to be a special education supervisor at the Ross-Pike ESC. Do you want someone with a successful track record to run our schools? Or, do you want some outsider coming in with no knowledge of our area and no successful track record?

I share the same opinion of at least 50+ other people in Sciotoville. We will be making our voices heard and we will do what it takes to get Lori Lowe as our next superintendent.
Opinion

Marion, OH

#7 May 27, 2011
Shocked wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you completely insane?
No. I am a well-educated member of the Sciotoville society. And I understand what our town needs to better serve the students of East High School and Sciotoville Elementary Academy.
Opinion

Marion, OH

#8 May 27, 2011
east08 wrote:
<quoted text>
who should i call first? maybe we should rally at the football field for lowe to show are support!
You should call Bill Shope, the SCS Governing Board President. After that, you should contact the remaining school board members, which are: Bob McCann, Wendell Skinner, Matt Hammer & Bob Workman.

I don't think you would be allowed to use the football field to campaign for a potential employee. But, you could use the public park by the bank.
Opinion

Marion, OH

#9 May 27, 2011
The real ville wrote:
Does baggge count for anything? Plus if the school always hired locally, what kind of world view or even a national view would a home
Grown sciotoville teacher or administrator share. Schools should prepare kids for the reel world. Not just Sciotoville.
I like Lori and she may be the best fit, there are a dozen or so applicants. Let's wait and see what there is to choose from instead of just givi g it to a local.
I disagree.

We have had Dennis DeCamp (Wheelersburg).
We have had Rod Walker (Clay).
We have had Mike Yeagle (Valley).
We have had David Surrey (Eastern).

It is high time we had Lori Lowe (EAST)!

As for baggage, what baggage? She has had an impeccable career with outstanding results everywhere she has been. There is absolutely nothing wrong with her track record. Furthermore, she is not a retiree, which is a step in the right direction for us.
east08

Marion, OH

#10 May 27, 2011
everyone has baggage if you look hard enugh and we should hire a local because they care about are community more then outsiders do. we stand up for are own here! she was are principle when i was in school and she ran the school great.
who

Marion, OH

#11 May 27, 2011

East 08, your logic is fine.

But please spellcheck your posts. You have used
the spelling as (are), when it is obvious the
word you mean is (our).

I counted 3 different times on your 2 posts so
far.

Wha

Chillicothe, OH

#12 May 27, 2011
Principal, not principle. Two different words with different meanings.
Louie

Marion, OH

#13 May 27, 2011
Bill Shope, hmmmm. Is his wife in the running?
Opinion

Marion, OH

#14 May 28, 2011
Foretsa Shope would be an outstanding choice if Lori Lowe were not in the running. However, I believe Lori is the best choice for our community. She will bring respectability and pride into the school. She will run the school firmly and fairly.

Foresta was the best choice for SEA. But, I believe we need her there in order to continue the great things at that school.
east08

Marion, OH

#15 May 28, 2011
who wrote:
East 08, your logic is fine.
But please spellcheck your posts. You have used
the spelling as (are), when it is obvious the
word you mean is (our).
I counted 3 different times on your 2 posts so
far.
lol. for now on i will just use the ledder r.
Opinion

Marion, OH

#16 May 29, 2011
That is typical of the Lori Lowe detractors. They will argue everything, but facts. If they cannot come up with anything relevant, then all of the sudden you are a bad speller.
Just Interested

Marion, OH

#17 May 29, 2011
Know Lori and some of the others that are applying. This is a big decision for the governing board and it might be the most important it ever makes. There is no doubt Lori has the capability to do the job. Same can be said of some of the others. But East is facing problems with and old building, budget cuts from Columbus and a lousy economy right here. Plus the added factor that the Portsmouth City School System would like to see them blow off into enternity. Good luck to all involved.
Opinion

Marion, OH

#18 May 29, 2011
Just Interested wrote:
Know Lori and some of the others that are applying. This is a big decision for the governing board and it might be the most important it ever makes. There is no doubt Lori has the capability to do the job. Same can be said of some of the others. But East is facing problems with and old building, budget cuts from Columbus and a lousy economy right here. Plus the added factor that the Portsmouth City School System would like to see them blow off into enternity. Good luck to all involved.
The choice is clear. To be successful, we need Lori Lowe.
east08

Marion, OH

#19 May 30, 2011
they r really lucky she wants to now lets hire her.
Say No To Lori Lowe

Chillicothe, OH

#20 May 30, 2011
Wasn't there a missing money matter under her watch when she was a principle somewhere, I don't think she is the one. The school board needs to bring someone in from outside the area, part of the problem with the board is it's filled with some of the wrong people already. Need new people who have no connection to here, if you want the schools to flourish. That way they can't be corrupted with the infection that is already here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portsmouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
You get a raise and you get a raise thanks city... 2 min TaxPayer 19
Hero saves crowd at Fishbowl 33 min You got that right 59
Danita Sprague's Son Finds Drugs In His Family'... 45 min wang chung 19
Outside Society 2 hr Pip Rademaker 3
Only (1) black cop in Portsmouth/Scioto county/... 3 hr Whitey Blackman 12
Memorial Day Is Stupid 3 hr Whitey Blackman 4
judge Marshall in rehab 3 hr Pip Rademaker 36

Portsmouth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance