drug free community ? Ports Daily tim...

drug free community ? Ports Daily times article and comment

Posted in the Portsmouth Forum

whatsthetruth

Portsmouth, OH

#1 Oct 10, 2012
i just read this article and the first comment on todays paper on-line. here is a link.

http://portsmouth-dailytimes.com/view/full_st... ?

so what's up. you here a lot about suboxone but it doesnt seem to be good. like its the new drug and it seems like theres a lot around. but a lot of people say they get it at the counselling center. i had a family member go through the counselling before but its been a fews years but you couldn't get drugs there then. is this true. and i thought the county was broke but the counselling center seems to be buying a lot of propertyy but there a non profit government agency. how can they do that. people say the county is also paying for the drugs and you can get needles too. is this true. do they run the city health department. some of this doesn't seem right. can somebody shed some light on this please
Senseless

Circleville, OH

#2 Oct 10, 2012
Don't know for sure but I do know that a resident at the stepping stone house O.D. not to long ago and I have been wondering how that could happen. where did she get the drugs?
Know ur facts

Logan, OH

#3 Oct 10, 2012
The "resident" at stepping stones that OD' already completed the program. So therefore, she was no longer a resident!
Senseless

Circleville, OH

#4 Oct 10, 2012
Excuse me but you need to "Know ur facts"! Do you work there?
wow23

Portsmouth, OH

#5 Oct 10, 2012
Know ur facts wrote:
The "resident" at stepping stones that OD' already completed the program. So therefore, she was no longer a resident!
So if the resident completed the program and then OD'd right after she left, then the program didn't work in the first place. So this was a big waste of money. And isn't it tax dollars ? There's your county government for ya.
curious

Portsmouth, OH

#6 Oct 10, 2012
Good comment if he is right. Thought Terry Johnson was our representative. I see signs out for him. Is the guy at the counseling center the same johnson ? It's a common name. If there giving out drugs how can it be a counseling center ?
Senseless

Circleville, OH

#7 Oct 11, 2012
Same Johnson
Tia

Portsmouth, OH

#8 Oct 12, 2012
I haven't heard anything about The Counseling Center giving it out, but I know they use suboxone at Stepping Stones for 7 days to help the withdrawals. Also the city health dept. has a needle exchange program to cut down on diseases like HepC & HIV. They can trade in their used one for a new one.
sara

United States

#9 Oct 12, 2012
The people in portsmouth were raising cain about needles lying all about. All over the place. In the parks, on the playgrounds, on the sidewalks. Kids were getting stuck by dirty needles and several got deadly disease.Garbage men getting stuck. Do you want your kid getting stuck by a needle and getting Hepatitis for which there is no cure? The junkies now pick them up all over town and trade them for clean ones. Big savings to society if you dont have everyone needing liver transplants. As weird as it seems it cuts down on disease and death and protects the innocent. Plus the junkies get help getting into a rehab if they want it.
yeah

Savannah, GA

#10 Oct 13, 2012
that is the most rediculous excuse i have ever heard sara. you would not have drug abusers if you actually had a police force that would force the drugs away from the city. it is simple yet so complicated for you all to understand and for the police to actually enforce the law. it is to crooked in scioto county yet no one will speak about the corruption. i guess everyone, even the cops, need alittle money on the side. nothing will get better in that town until you get the dirty rep's out of office and put a police chief who knows how to get drugs off the street into office. simple. until then make excuses on why we give the junkies free needles and why our entire town is hooked on something. it is an epidemic where you all live and i personally find it sad so i hope you al get some help soon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portsmouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is she 6 min Harper Fearing 14
Pill W h o r ever 11 min Puppet on a string 1
Christopher Nuckols Sentencing (Dec '12) 20 min ceiltile9 58
janet johnson (Jul '13) 2 hr I dont know its you 104
Columbia Construction 3 hr GOAT 7
timmy to angie (Feb '15) 3 hr timmy 14
what is goin on with Amber Bailey? 3 hr loop 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Portsmouth Mortgages