animal

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2011

I drove past the former petland store in new Boston. There was a sign up... accepting applications for mocho pet store. Anyone know when this place is going to open?
whew hew

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2011

I hope their prices are cheaper than petlands.
My vote

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

I wonder who the owners are???
nosey rosey

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

I'm surprised someone doesn't already have the scoop on this new business. Anyone seen anything in the daily times about it?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

[QUOTE who="nosey rosey
"]I'm surprised someone doesn't already have the scoop on this new business. Anyone seen anything in the daily times about it?[/QUOTE]

Ha ha thats funny!!
woundering

Lucasville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2011

does anyone know there phone number ?
littlemiss

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2011

The prices are cheaper. They give you the options on insurance instead of automatically making you pay for it. The people seem real nice and the puppies are adorable.
animalfriend

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2011

Judged:

DO NOT SUPPORT THIS BUSINESS!
We do NOT need another pet store selling animals (bred at puppy mills) when an animal in this country is euthanized every seven seconds due to pet overpopulation.
You want a new pet, try petfinder.com .

ADOPT....DON'T BUY!
Maisie

Greenfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2011

I think the name is Mocha. An employee there told me it is named after a dog of one of the owners. He said they plan to open stores in Hilliard OH and somewhere in the Chicago area. I don't think the owners live here.
pi$$es me off

Elyria, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2011

Judged:

They buy from puppy mills. Brad one of the salesmen told me this!!
Mocha

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2011

Judged:

is the name of the owners dog. I was told they bought their dogs from Amish breeders. Which they could be. Idk but they are cute as can be. They do have some very nice animal supplies. Ive been buying my animal food and toys there. Havent bought any pets yet but I will be soon. Just have to make up my mind if Im buying ferrets or rabbits.
who

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2011

Uhhh, don't you know the difference between a
ferret or a rabbit ?
Umm Yes

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2011

I know the difference. Ive owned both but Im trying to decide which I want to get my daughter. Ferrets are more responsibility but interact with a person more than rabbits do.
Rufus

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2011

Do they sell goats?
concerned

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2011

Judged:

Well it's obvious that people don't listen to others. The store doesn't deal with puppy mills they actually have different breeders and they all are USDA approved and have paperwork on all of their breeders to prove it. I'm sure someone miss understood what they said.
animalfriend

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2011

Judged:

concerned wrote:
Well it's obvious that people don't listen to others. The store doesn't deal with puppy mills they actually have different breeders and they all are USDA approved and have paperwork on all of their breeders to prove it. I'm sure someone miss understood what they said.
BREEDERS ARE NO BETTER THAN PUPPY MILLS!

Please, adopt an animal from a shelter. DO NOT BUY!

Find any particular breed you prefer at petfinder.com .

My favorite breed....Rescued.
Come on

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2011

Judged:

concerned wrote:
USDA approved means nothing, just like most labels that are slapped onto products so that the weak minded feel better about being a stupid consumer. Read this about USDA approved puppies:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22670940/ns/healt...
These are puppy mills, and I do not care if they are from the "Amish" or whatever ignorant thing another poster said. And just an FYI, the Amish would not spit on you if you were on fire...unless you offered them some cash of course, then they are more than happy to assist you.
I dont care

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2011

Judged:

what you all say.. Im shopping there. Sounds like some idiots just want to drive this business out. Their dogs are better cared for than every pet shop Ive ever been to. Yes, I have a couple "used" pets that Ive adopted but I had to jump through hoops you wouldnt believe. I had to turn down 3 diff agencies that wanted me to sign papers that "if they found a better home suited to the dog, I would give the dog back to them". Screw that. If Im paying for it, took time to get it to a vet, have it spayed/neutered and fell in love with it, you arent getting it back! So I avoid any pet agency that has those types of papers for you to sign. Shawnee Animal Clinic used to have papers like that (this is before sierras haven, not sure if they still do). A friend of mine purchased a dog from mocha pets and its the sweetest little thing! He has a microchip in case he is ever lost/stolen, he has been checked over by a vet, they offered to pay half his neutering bill and they really left a good impression on me. Besides, when you adopt a used animal you have no idea what you will have to deal with. Not everyone can work with an abandoned/abused dog to rehabilitate them. Not everyone wants a dog thats already 3 or 4 years old. Those dogs have learned habits that may not be unlearned. As I said, I have 2 rescued dogs so I know this. Thats one reason so many rescue groups are selective. They can tell (by their actions)when someone can handle an abused/abandoned pet.
animalfriend

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2011

Judged:

I dont care wrote:
what you all say.. Im shopping there. Sounds like some idiots just want to drive this business out. Their dogs are better cared for than every pet shop Ive ever been to. Yes, I have a couple "used" pets that Ive adopted but I had to jump through hoops you wouldnt believe. I had to turn down 3 diff agencies that wanted me to sign papers that "if they found a better home suited to the dog, I would give the dog back to them". Screw that. If Im paying for it, took time to get it to a vet, have it spayed/neutered and fell in love with it, you arent getting it back! So I avoid any pet agency that has those types of papers for you to sign. Shawnee Animal Clinic used to have papers like that (this is before sierras haven, not sure if they still do). A friend of mine purchased a dog from mocha pets and its the sweetest little thing! He has a microchip in case he is ever lost/stolen, he has been checked over by a vet, they offered to pay half his neutering bill and they really left a good impression on me. Besides, when you adopt a used animal you have no idea what you will have to deal with. Not everyone can work with an abandoned/abused dog to rehabilitate them. Not everyone wants a dog thats already 3 or 4 years old. Those dogs have learned habits that may not be unlearned. As I said, I have 2 rescued dogs so I know this. Thats one reason so many rescue groups are selective. They can tell (by their actions)when someone can handle an abused/abandoned pet.
This is NOT TRUE in all cases. So, you had a bad experience...not everyone does or will. I'm sorry you did, though.
I have adopted three pets from Sierra's Haven and have been nothing but pleased. Also, before I forget, all the animals there are not abused (very few, in fact). Many are babies that are found or owners cannot care for. You have options for adopting any age!
Buying animals from pet stores just continues the horrid fact that every seven seconds an animal is euthanized because of pet overpopulation. There are soooo many wonderful companions out there that are just waiting to give you unconditional love and friendship. I believe there is no excuse imaginable for not adopting a pet instead of buying...none.
No one is, per say, trying to run this pet store out of business. We just want future pet owners to be aware what their choices are and the consequences of those choices. We want people to be responsible pet owners and help shrink the population of unwanted pets.

ADOPT! DON'T BUY!
when you adopt

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2011

Judged:

you ARE buying a pet. They arent giving them away for free. adopting a pet doesnt help control the pet population. There are idiots out there who still dont get their pets spayed/neutered once "adopting" them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Portsmouth Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Portsmouth People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Portsmouth News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Portsmouth