Dr. Rita Roberts
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sweetpea5

Galion, OH

#1 Jan 1, 2012
Her office said she would take mew patients. I filled out a application, they never called and when I called back they said I am not approved. I didn't know I had to be approved for health care. Has anyone experienced such a situation from Dr. Rita Roberts.
gary

Minford, OH

#2 Jan 1, 2012
yes, she only takes a certin number of patients. its hard to get in.
sweetpea5

Galion, OH

#3 Jan 2, 2012
gary wrote:
yes, she only takes a certin number of patients. its hard to get in.
I went there in person and office lady said she was taking new patients. Then when I didn't get a phone call back from them I called them back and they said no she wasn't taking me. Does a person have to be from a certain background to be accepted by her ?
gary

Minford, OH

#4 Jan 2, 2012
i dont think so. we aren't anybody speical. but do live in the area of her office.
Patient

Marion, OH

#5 Jan 2, 2012
I am a patient of Dr. Roberts. I called when her office first opened. They took my info and said they would get back with me. I think she checks out what kind of meds you have been on and what you have been seen for by other doctors. They called me back the same day and scheduled me in. But that was also when she first opened her practice. I think she is a good doctor.
wow

Portsmouth, OH

#6 Jan 2, 2012
go to Dr. Adams! he's awesome and I believe is always taking new pts!!!
sweetpea5

Galion, OH

#7 Jan 2, 2012
Patient wrote:
I am a patient of Dr. Roberts. I called when her office first opened. They took my info and said they would get back with me. I think she checks out what kind of meds you have been on and what you have been seen for by other doctors. They called me back the same day and scheduled me in. But that was also when she first opened her practice. I think she is a good doctor.
there was a question of the form, "what was the reason for leaving previous doctor" ? my answer was because the doctor I had did not listen to me. Maybe this is why she doesn't want me or maybe she thought I was too much to handle. It was 3 weeks ago I turned in the form and I thought it had been so long so I called them & asked them if they got my form, they had gotten it. I don't know what to do as I have called 5 doctors and the only doctor who said they were taking bew patients was Dr. Roberts. I hate to have to drive all the way to Ashland, Chillicothe or Columbus for a doctor. Maybe Dr. Rita did a background check on me, check my doctors through computer, or check my health through computers and whatever she found maybe this is why she never called me back. thank you for your support, maybe Dr. Rita will give me a chance. I have many health issues, progressive chronic kidney disease(protein & sugar spilling into urine),diabetes (out of control at 250), depression (struggling to live), bowel disease, digestive disease where my food doesn't always digest, diverticular disease with bouts of diarrhea, high blood pressure.
gary

Minford, OH

#8 Jan 3, 2012
wow girl. have you tried provaznik in wheelersbug? hes good.
biggy

Marion, OH

#9 Mar 3, 2012
yes he is
wow wrote:
go to Dr. Adams! he's awesome and I believe is always taking new pts!!!
luna

Marion, OH

#10 Mar 4, 2012
sweetpea5 wrote:
Her office said she would take mew patients. I filled out a application, they never called and when I called back they said I am not approved. I didn't know I had to be approved for health care. Has anyone experienced such a situation from Dr. Rita Roberts.
do I have a medical card, welfare?? Docs only take so many Medicaid patients cause they don't get paid enough for them, n they make the practice a living hell!! If you do this is probably the reason!
sweetpea5

Marion, OH

#11 Mar 5, 2012
luna wrote:
<quoted text>
do I have a medical card, welfare?? Docs only take so many Medicaid patients cause they don't get paid enough for them, n they make the practice a living hell!! If you do this is probably the reason!
NO, but I do have insurance. I found out just last week why doctors don't take new patients is because some patients have too many ailments (sickness) and they don't have time to take care of them during an appointment, even with notes from a patient. I have to travel to Chillicothe to get a doctor, because the kind of doctor I need there are no doctors here in scioto co. taking new patients or at kdmc in scioto co., so I will have doctors & hospital care at Adena even though we have somc and kdmc right here in scioto co. thank you for your response & input
Anon

Marion, OH

#13 Mar 5, 2012
With all your medical problems..it is probably best to go to Chillicothe or beyond to get the medical care that you really do need. If a doctor doesn't have time to address problems, would you really want them to be your physician anyways?

Be Rock No Momma

“All hail Queen Mayor”

Since: Sep 11

Clarksville, OH

#14 Mar 6, 2012
Doctors screen their patients for schedule 2 narcotics and if the patient is an opiate user then the Doctor passes them over because they (the Doc) are afraid of loosing their license like the other Doctors in town.
treatedlikecrap

Logan, OH

#15 Jan 9, 2015
sad excuse for a doctor she has no moral compass nor does she listen to you , she does not know how to speak to patients and I was mortified at her behavior towards my care and well being . Would not recommend her to anyone and I wouldn't let her treat my dog for that matter !!!!
Disgusted

Portsmouth, OH

#16 Jan 10, 2015
With the types of comments I've see on here, I'm beginning to think we should ALL screen the doctors we're asking for care. We don't need to beg them. They seem to forget, we (our insurance) pay them. It's ridiculous. They seem to believe they're better than the patients they serve.
Leak

Waverly, OH

#17 Jan 11, 2015
Disgusted wrote:
With the types of comments I've see on here, I'm beginning to think we should ALL screen the doctors we're asking for care. We don't need to beg them. They seem to forget, we (our insurance) pay them. It's ridiculous. They seem to believe they're better than the patients they serve.
When I was looking for a family doctor, I screened them through healthgrades.com . After multiple phone calls asking ones that I settled on if they were taking new patients and most simply saying "no", one said that it depended on if I had private insurance or (whatever the other insurance is called you get through welfare or something), after I said private insurance, she took my info, then called me back for a more detailed interview and then set up an appointment. I am disappointed though with them because they're slow and for my ailment, the doctor said he had the same thing about 10 years ago and he just "let mother nature work it out". Yeah, I think it's time for a new doctor for me.
I'm not sure how they screen for opiate use? I don't remember him asking me about that, and I never took a urine test or anything. So I'm not sure about that screening comment someone else made.
Answers To Help

Portsmouth, OH

#18 Jan 11, 2015
Two things are keeping you from being accepted. First is the numerous alignments you have, Need to stay with your current Physician who knows you and your health issues. Second is your insurance, if you have Medicaid that is defiantly an issue, Medicaid pays less than half what private insurance will pay for your office visit. Keep in mind that the Doctors have huge amount of overhead to run that office and need to maximize the average income per hour, why do you think so many overbook and you wait so long to see them. Last part of second reason is not all private insurance are the same, your company may be slow to pay and they prefer not to work with that company or they may pay less than the Physician is willing to accept, same as mentioned with regard to Medicaid.
Answers To Help

Portsmouth, OH

#20 Jan 11, 2015
Here is a link with regard to Medicaid.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/merrillmatthews/2...
nurse

Toledo, OH

#21 Jan 11, 2015
They don't need to ask you or have you take a urine test to see if you are on opiates. They just run your OARRS report. It shows any controlled substances you have gotten filled in the last year in Ohio and other states.
Ailing

Waverly, OH

#22 Jan 11, 2015
nurse wrote:
They don't need to ask you or have you take a urine test to see if you are on opiates. They just run your OARRS report. It shows any controlled substances you have gotten filled in the last year in Ohio and other states.
So it only goes back one year?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portsmouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jen Rapp 30 min Blaze 1
Is there good fishing in the little scioto? Where? 1 hr Chili3838 11
gary coleman 7 hr Porch hobo 2
portsmouth motorcycle club 7 hr Gerbils R Us 14
rich people against the homeless 8 hr Dr No 20
Any thoughts on Aaron Triplett? (Feb '13) 10 hr Pip Rademaker 5
SOMC drug detox (Nov '15) 15 hr cleaner 12

Portsmouth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance