Goodwill Prices TOO HIGH!!
Men2013

Scottsdale, AZ

#152 Jan 13, 2013
Don't forget about the free labor they get from community service that people have to do. So many people work off their sentence at goodwills. Free labor and still high prices lol
hahaha

Marion, OH

#153 Jan 13, 2013
LOL people on here complaining bout goodwill, haha losers
sprite

Marion, OH

#154 Jan 13, 2013
Goodwil.....that's exactly what it is suppose to be!!! Cheaper than affordable is what it is suppose to be!! So the less fortunate can afford to purchase clotheing etc... So for you " hahaha" go suck an egg..you looser!!! Hahahahaha
John

Powell, OH

#155 Jan 14, 2013
What do you think of the Veterans Helping Veterans & Others thrift store? If you haven't tried it, you should and then report on it. The money you spend helps our needy veterans and their families.
hahaha

Marion, OH

#156 Jan 14, 2013
sprite wrote:
Goodwil.....that's exactly what it is suppose to be!!! Cheaper than affordable is what it is suppose to be!! So the less fortunate can afford to purchase clotheing etc... So for you " hahaha" go suck an egg..you looser!!! Hahahahaha
go back to school and get a GED , then post when you can spell hahaha LOSER
Dena

Marion, OH

#159 Jan 15, 2013
Someone is pocketing money at that place
godwil lshopper

Marion, OH

#161 Jan 15, 2013
The Portsmouth Goodwill Is WAY HIGHER THEN THE OTHERS!!!!!!!!!!
angry

Marion, OH

#162 Jan 15, 2013
My story wrote:
We are a hard working family and lost our home in Feb. 2007 to a house fire. We had the clothes on or back and our 2 year old daughter did not even have shoes. I was pregnant with my son at the time. I went into this same Goodwill and asked if they help with clothing since we lost everything we owned. The woman looked at me in my eyes and said in a rude voice, " we can't just give this stuff away." I felt so embarrassed for even having to ask and was treated less than a human. Now we have a nice home, jobs and vehicles. Do you think I would ever donate to this Goodwill? Never!!!
so sorry to hear about that. You would think that a charity organization would have been the FIRST to help you out! Where does the money they make go anyway?????
angry

Marion, OH

#163 Jan 15, 2013
hahaha wrote:
LOL people on here complaining bout goodwill, haha losers
its very smart to buy good used clothing when you have children. That gives people more money to spend on groceries,housing and utilities... When you have kids and your family is struggling, thrift stores are a fantastic thing! I allows people to buy whole wardrobes for growing children... When otherwise the kids would not have proper clothing. It doesnt matter where your clothes come from. It only matters that the parent tries to keep their child in good, clean, proper sized, warm clothing....
all bad jokes

Los Angeles, CA

#164 Feb 27, 2013
I am not from portsmith but all goodwills everywhere are doing this even in boston to california its just pure greed yea maybee u do employ ppl etc but u did before as well so its just some glorified guilt trip messages that plays across the store as u shop in the place that also mentions the color sale of the week
And that happens to just be items that really shuldnt be sold anyways
I like the place for quick wordrobe im a photographer and travel it use to be good for odds and ends like that or using old clothes and making new things with them
But i will not shop at anyoof them anymore
new clothes are way cheaper on sale lmao!
Hey good will rule of thumb why pay for old used shit when u can get brand new shit for the same price or cheeper
You are just going to phase the orginization out
and its a shame
What about the ppl who actually need the good will for what it use to be used for i hope u at least have a clothing voucher program for the needy
WOW

Marion, OH

#165 Mar 4, 2013
I agree totally!!!! I always say "I think the people prices things used to work for Lazurus" lol....wanna good laugh? go look at those ANCIENT prom dresses and the prices on them. glad Im not the only one who thinks they need to lower prices.
valleyview wrote:
What is it with the Portsmouth Goodwill store and their high prices?? The items are donated free of charge to them. Why do they charge such high prices?? Other Goodwills are a lot more reasonable with their prices. Check it out!!
bigfoot

United States

#166 Mar 5, 2013
Hey melee, buy your panties elsewhere.
britt11

United States

#168 Mar 5, 2013
Gay Steve sucking
Reality

Los Angeles, CA

#169 Mar 23, 2013
Goodwill is heavily ovrpriced stores.
Looking for a come up

Lebanon, KY

#170 Mar 23, 2013
This is f()cking awesome!
lillian

Claymont, DE

#172 Jun 5, 2013
I agree I went in to goodwill store, to get a purse they wanted over $20 it looked like somthing that you would find at a yard sales (come on you tell it was second hand). If I wanted to spend that much I would just to a kmart, target, or walmart to buy it brand new. Also they had a type written that looked like it was from the last 70's early 80's and wanted $65 for it. Really I can buy A second hand pc for that much money. This is stuff people donate thinging they are doing something good. Your price's are getting too out of control.If you want people to keep shopping you need to do somthing
sad

United States

#173 Jun 5, 2013
lillian wrote:
I agree I went in to goodwill store, to get a purse they wanted over $20 it looked like somthing that you would find at a yard sales (come on you tell it was second hand). If I wanted to spend that much I would just to a kmart, target, or walmart to buy it brand new. Also they had a type written that looked like it was from the last 70's early 80's and wanted $65 for it. Really I can buy A second hand pc for that much money. This is stuff people donate thinging they are doing something good. Your price's are getting too out of control.If you want people to keep shopping you need to do somthing
I took my son in Goodwill 2 weeks ago to look for some older PC cables that he was needing for a project..I thought if they had them they would be super cheap..Boy was I wrong! They were 5.95 each...ridiculous!
uh huh

United States

#174 Jun 5, 2013
Yeah, I won't even go there anymore because it cost too much. I might as well go to the mall.
Sad

Caldwell, OH

#175 Jun 9, 2013
Overpriced and junk. And def doesn't help anyone. And the head lady is mean to people. Tear it down
Tia

Marion, OH

#176 Jun 9, 2013
They really need to get rid of the manager...she goes through all the donations and takes the best stuff for herself. I donated some stuff and watched her take the handbags straight out to her car. They definitely aren't helping the poor with their out of sight prices either. If you're going to donate give it to Salvation Army or the Veterans Thrift Store. I know those places keep low prices & help people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portsmouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Little mike Pistole 1 hr Lifer 1
tcc employee sleeping with clients 1 hr Missing 9
joe robbed brandon mercer 1 hr nolosshere45662 1
how many victims has joey young robbes 1 hr nolosshere45662 1
list of people that like to steal 1 hr nolosshere45662 14
Joey young 2 hr nolosshere45662 1
Epileptic girls ride better 5 hr Michelle Fontenot 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Portsmouth Mortgages