What helps you decide what hair salon...

What helps you decide what hair salon to go to?

Posted in the Portsmouth Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Curious

Marion, OH

#1 Dec 3, 2012
What makes you wanna call & get a appt there?
usually

Marion, OH

#2 Dec 4, 2012
Sometimes i will ask someone who did their hair if I like it. Just avoid Fantastic Sams and LeGrand places like that suck, most of them are fresh out of school.
Harry Balls

Marion, OH

#4 Dec 4, 2012
What makes me wanna get an appt. is if they offer happy endings!!!!!
lalala

Marion, OH

#5 Dec 4, 2012
comeon killed da cat wrote:
<quoted text>
Make sure they have regular hours unlike that olde gal on Gay St. up from Kroger's thinks the customers serve her, with varying and changing hours, etc.
You have to go and try them, sort of like "church shoppin"
Try that one on that road up behind Glockner's.
What about that one in that old furniture store, La something, down town on Chillicothe? In Ptown's CBD.
That's called Elite and it's a school.
Somebiddy

Marion, OH

#7 Dec 4, 2012
Trendex is good.
Angie

Hurricane, WV

#8 Dec 4, 2012
Depends on what you're looking for? Do you want just a cut or trim? Or do you want color and the works? How about a whole new look? I'm a hairdresser, and one of the best (if I do say so myself. My clients can attest to that). I know most of the hairdressers in that area, or at least I know their work. Most of the girls at Trendx are awesome at color and cutting, with reasonable pricing. Tiffany is one of the most dedicated, talented stylists I know, and she truly cares about the outcome of her clients. She works constantly and stays busy. She's great at fitting people in and working extra hours to do so. The key is finding someone who loves what they do, and truly cares about the outcome of their work.
Momma

Marion, OH

#10 Dec 4, 2012
Just love Trendx they are great
lalala

Marion, OH

#11 Dec 4, 2012
comeon killed da cat wrote:
<quoted text>
And don't they do cheaper priced cuts like SSU does.
Are you just a corrector in life not a participant, just a spectator?
You name implies just a player. Allen Harper does it......
well excuse me , i was just letting them know the name of it and it is a school so of course they practice on people's hair. I don't think the op had a place like that in mind when she was asking about a place to get her hair done. Not many women want to take a chance on getting their hair mssed up. oh and btw I'm 58 years old yeah I'm a player lmfao!
Ben

Galion, OH

#13 Dec 4, 2012
I loved going to Ruthie S but, she moves so much, I can ever find her. Do you know where she is working?
Harold

Marion, OH

#14 Dec 4, 2012
Ben wrote:
I loved going to Ruthie S but, she moves so much, I can ever find her. Do you know where she is working?
Heard she working east end of portsmouth, charges like 20 bucks, to much for me,im used to paying 5 to my hookers
not

Galion, OH

#15 Dec 4, 2012
Molly Meeker is a real one. not hardly! Don't go to her she will butch your hair because she is a nasty skank! stay away from her as far away as possible to. yes Ruthie is the best i have been to and she always gives me what i want =the perfect hair cut/color. Molly on the other hand made my hair fall out! I had to shave my hair and start over so thanks MOLLY! it turned into straw because the chemicals were not right.:(
Curious

Marion, OH

#16 Dec 4, 2012
Should i go by word of mouth? Or by searching on the internet, facebook, newspaper, radio for a salon to go to? I really want a new look and new salon!!
Jackwagon

Portsmouth, OH

#20 Dec 5, 2012
My favorite salons are the ones that:

1) Use overpriced products

2) Lie about their experience

3) Gossip after the coustomer leaves

4) Brag on themselves

5) Charge way too much

Oh, wait: That could be any salon.
Jackwagon

Portsmouth, OH

#22 Dec 5, 2012
Lol... Sorry. I was taking a shot at a specific sector of business. Hair salons are where the inept go to work.
ringadingding

Marion, OH

#26 Dec 6, 2012
Comeon wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all you got no substance, but to go after people with your grade school school yard bully behaviour. That's probably a higher level than you are capable of anyway. Rant on Grade School-er.
You can't even read and interrupt a simple post, the point is they are attacking Solon employees and then they may progress to Barbers, and bartenders. That's does not mean the poster saying that s/he is against them, abut, andthis is a big butt, cause you are one, just that they may be attacked next, you D i l d o.
And to boot you don't even know your community, for you guess on things, not knowing how barber's and bartenders are just next to church clergy for trust and confidence for their clientele, you
D i l d o.....Get a life or learn about it at least read about it if you have not the personality to mix with society, people, you must be Leedom, in dementia, Alzheimer, etc. Or Waldo, with early onset..........
The only way you can say less it to post more, Toad, wart.
It's spelled salon, you need to go back to school and learn how to spell too.
Cindy

Marion, OH

#30 Dec 6, 2012
Does anyone even know or remember what they are arguing about?
wow

Galion, OH

#32 Dec 6, 2012
De já vu in wheelersburg is good. His name is darrel. He expensive but u get what u pay for!
Jackwagon

West Union, OH

#34 Dec 7, 2012
Geez! I was only playing around. When I attempt to have a serious conversation, people get upset. I get accused of being too serious. I goof on salons, and I get roasted for it. I love this site...
DrNO

Shelby, OH

#36 Dec 7, 2012
Jackwagon wrote:
Lol... Sorry. I was taking a shot at a specific sector of business. Hair salons are where the inept go to work.
and public schools for the inept with teaching degrees.
DrNO

Shelby, OH

#40 Dec 7, 2012
AllbutmeisineptsaysDr NO wrote:
<quoted text>
in·ept [i népt]
adj
1. unable to handle job: lacking the competence or skill for a particular task
2. totally inappropriate: not in keeping with what is right or proper for the circumstances
AND DR. NO. YOU ARE IN ITME 2..........DAH..........
AND NO DOUBT NO. 1..........YET TO BE DETERMINED.....
....and you are DAH NO DOUBT the product of some of those inept teachers...ITME 2..lmao.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portsmouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Donation solicitors in the middle of the street 27 min Tyrone black 28
Turn in Worker's Comp fraud if you know of it 30 min Wondering 9
No Inquiry? McDermott man "disciplined" child w... 2 hr Get Real 21
Paul and Rose (Aug '10) 2 hr HDdenny 650
Angie scarberry 3 hr HDdenny 4
Perry Mason Tyrone Black HD Denny 5 hr Chris 129
anybody want a free headjob? 6 hr Chris 55

Portsmouth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance