Trash Pick-up
Some Info Please

Marion, OH

#1 Nov 17, 2012
I just recently moved here and I'm used to having to haul off my garbage. There is a can out in front of my house but its not been picked up for almost a week and a half. What am I supposed to do exactly. Do I need to call someone and sign up somewhere, and how much does it normally cost?
Cheryl

United States

#2 Nov 17, 2012
Welcome to Portsmouth! What day your trash is picked up depends on what neighborhood you live in. You may want to ask a neighbor what day its picke up where you live. If you signed up to have your water turned on, they should also have started trash pick up.

Also, when there is a holiday, trash day is off a day. For example, of your trash is generally picked up on a Tuesday, and we have a holiday, it will be bumped to Wednesday. I hope that helps.
Lol

Marion, OH

#3 Nov 17, 2012
Unless you would happen to have "Bakers" cause they come and go as they please. Lol Sometimes they skip a week or two before they show.
Some Info Please

Marion, OH

#4 Nov 17, 2012
Thank you all. It was very helpful! I did find out that they come on Wednesdays.:)
mee

South Webster, OH

#5 Nov 28, 2012
Lol wrote:
Unless you would happen to have "Bakers" cause they come and go as they please. Lol Sometimes they skip a week or two before they show.
If that aint the truth!!!
idea

Marion, OH

#6 Nov 28, 2012
Don't get pike sanitation. I've been using Rumpke. Pike Sanitation when they do decide to pick up your trash, they throw your trashcans down and lids inthe ditch or leave them lying in the middle of the drive way for you to stop in the middle of the street to get out and move them before pulling off the street. I've had nothign but bad experiences with Pike Sanitation. One winter tehy skipped 2 weeks and I called to complain. They said it was icy on our road...I drove to work 5 days a week and there was enver ice on the road. They don't care about your trash.

Rumpke costs ltitle more, but they are tehre weekly.
Also, I canceled our trash pick up with Pike Sanitation and they still bill us for pick up and they haven't touched our trash for over a year. They keep billing us even after calling them about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portsmouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hero saves crowd at Fishbowl 2 hr Worked there 54
Danita Sprague's Son Finds Drugs In His Family'... 3 hr News 11
Only (1) black cop in Portsmouth/Scioto county/... 6 hr truth 1
Nascar 6 hr Welfare Trailer T... 21
Lots of depression and anger in p-town,why??? 7 hr Welfare Trailer T... 21
You get a raise and you get a raise thanks city... 7 hr Welfare Trailer T... 8
Prostitutes 10 hr Whitey Blackman 10

Portsmouth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance