siksol

Gatesville, TX

#1 Dec 10, 2009
Is there any "decent" MMA gyms in the area now? Im originally from there but left in the military and Im coming back so I need a good gym.

By "decent" gym I mean they better know there shit, I've been training at the same gym as the current XFC heavyweight champion as well as 8 other title holders and Darill Schoonover a contestant on The Ultimate Fighter 10.
I KNOW

Portsmouth, OH

#2 Dec 11, 2009
nONE 2 HOURS AWAY. BOY U MUST BE TOUGH.LOL
Good For Ya

Campton, KY

#3 Dec 11, 2009
siksol wrote:
Is there any "decent" MMA gyms in the area now? Im originally from there but left in the military and Im coming back so I need a good gym.
By "decent" gym I mean they better know there shit, I've been training at the same gym as the current XFC heavyweight champion as well as 8 other title holders and Darill Schoonover a contestant on The Ultimate Fighter 10.
You are to Bad to be Comming back Here..I bet Your Photo weighs 5 lb.
CitizenB

Coshocton, OH

#4 Dec 11, 2009
There is a gym labeled MMA training in Sciotoville, above Whitey's Bikes. I don't know if it's "decent", but it's there.
siksol

Gatesville, TX

#5 Dec 12, 2009
Lol not that bad but I need first class training and a gym. May have to just travel to cinci and train at JG's and up to chilli with team titan. Thanks for the info guys
Hero

Portsmouth, OH

#6 Dec 12, 2009
Be sure to wear your American flag pants to your Rex Kwan Do lessons
expert

Portsmouth, OH

#7 Dec 13, 2009
Titan!!! Ummmm Not that good but better than around here. Maybe save yourself the drive and start your own.
siksol

Gatesville, TX

#8 Dec 13, 2009
I would consider starting my own as it seems the area really could probably use it. However that will not help me further advance very well at all.
larry

Portsmouth, OH

#9 Dec 13, 2009
just try it
Newguy

Portsmouth, OH

#10 Feb 5, 2010
There was a new gym opened by Mark Frazie down by the filtration plant, Its great for just opening they have MMA there also its ran by Joe Collins a great coach and Mike Wells another great coach.the gyms open monday thru friday at 5pm till 8 or 9 check it out.
David

Portsmouth, OH

#11 Feb 5, 2010
I hear its a really nice place
roger sexton

Portsmouth, OH

#12 Feb 12, 2010
yea the gym on charles st. . joe an mike run a good program.
big johnson

Portsmouth, OH

#13 Feb 22, 2010
roger sexton wrote:
yea the gym on charles st.. joe an mike run a good program.
is that where you train at????
Porter Norwich

Portsmouth, OH

#14 Feb 23, 2010
The dojo down by Whitey's bike shop ISN'T MMA. They practice aiki-jitsu. I hold a blue belt and practice American ju jitsu with the style of ancient samuri ju jitsu in piketon, Oh. Our sensei is Mark Anglemyer Jr and he's currently a first degree black in seiei kan ju jitsu. He's also a brown in aikido. I was stationed up at Wright-patt in Dayton and there is a decent actuall MMA training gym in Beavercreek. The website is mmadayton.com . hope that will help.
big johnson

Portsmouth, OH

#15 Feb 23, 2010
Porter Norwich wrote:
The dojo down by Whitey's bike shop ISN'T MMA. They practice aiki-jitsu. I hold a blue belt and practice American ju jitsu with the style of ancient samuri ju jitsu in piketon, Oh. Our sensei is Mark Anglemyer Jr and he's currently a first degree black in seiei kan ju jitsu. He's also a brown in aikido. I was stationed up at Wright-patt in Dayton and there is a decent actuall MMA training gym in Beavercreek. The website is mmadayton.com . hope that will help.
The one above Whitey's bike shop, is judo on tue.@ 6.00p.m. run by (Ron Conn). The aiki-jitsu is in new boston where whitey's was before they moved to sciotoville , and they do MMA also think its like sun., mon., wed. 6.00pm to 8.00pm run by (Gary Stiltner)
Porter Norwich

Portsmouth, OH

#16 Feb 23, 2010
^^ Thanks for the clarification man. Wasn't really sure if they did it at all. A guy I work that used to be pro boxing is doing mma now. He just fought 2 weeks ago in that Kentucky mma fight and will fight again in april i believe. He's trying to get on Ultimate fighter too. He trains with salmon that is with micheal bisping.
aaaaaaaaa

Portsmouth, OH

#17 Feb 26, 2010
Is there anygood fight train in this town?
roger sexton

Portsmouth, OH

#18 Feb 27, 2010
big johnson wrote:
<quoted text>is that where you train at????
yea when i can make it in town. i'm kinda far out but i'm there once a week or so.
HaHa

United States

#19 Feb 27, 2010
Justin W. is that you? I belive it is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portsmouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
black have finally won 15 min Timmy 153
Ameridump for sale! 1 hr Molly 2
18 m bi meet 1 hr needhookup 10
Good 2 hr Lord Joseph Wolfe 7
prostitute that is robbing people 3 hr concerned 24
Dollar --- Dolla Bill---- Who knows this guy? 6 hr Prown69 2
Lord Joseph Wolfe 7 hr Lord Joseph Wolfe 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Portsmouth Mortgages