Marshall pleaded guilty to OVI charge

Posted in the Portsmouth Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Funk

Marion, OH

#1 Mar 9, 2013
http://www.portsmouth-dailytimes.com/view/ful... ?

PDT Staff Report
JACKSON COUNTY — Scioto County Common Pleas Judge William T. Marshall pleaded guilty to driving while intoxicated in Jackson County Municipal Court Friday morning.
Circleville Judge Gary Dumm, who was selected by the Ohio Supreme Court to replace Jackson County Municipal Court Judge Mark Musick after Musick recused himself from the case, accepted Marshall’s guilty plea and sentenced Marshall to 90 days in jail with 87 days suspended.

Read more: Portsmouth Daily Times - Marshall pleaded guilty to OVI charge
no real justice

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Mar 9, 2013
the crooked beech got off way too easy!
He should have to resign as a judge and get the maximum sentence and fines because he is a judge AND SHOULD KNOW BETTER!

This guy is A JOKE!

He can never be taken seriously as a real dispenser of justice.

Just another crooked "public servant" getting off easy!

ALL THESE PUBLIC SERVANTS NEED TO BE SLAPPED HARD BACK INTO LINE & forced to realize for whom they work and what their REAL JOB DESCRIPTION is.

Enough to make ya puke!
dah

Minford, OH

#3 Mar 9, 2013
no real justice wrote:
the crooked beech got off way too easy!
He should have to resign as a judge and get the maximum sentence and fines because he is a judge AND SHOULD KNOW BETTER!
This guy is A JOKE!
He can never be taken seriously as a real dispenser of justice.
Just another crooked "public servant" getting off easy!
ALL THESE PUBLIC SERVANTS NEED TO BE SLAPPED HARD BACK INTO LINE & forced to realize for whom they work and what their REAL JOB DESCRIPTION is.
Enough to make ya puke!
MAN, you sugar coated your words.Next time why do'nt you tell us how you really think!
questions

United States

#4 Mar 9, 2013
Any probation for him??? Drug & alcohol tests weekly? Is he still going to be permitted to continue being a common pleas court judge?
Lee Scott

Marion, OH

#5 Mar 10, 2013
Needs to deal with it but.....wanna castrate him for one mistake?

He has a record. Three days is the norm. Most go to school for three days in stead of incarceration. Most are reduced from dui to reckless for a first offender.

Needs to deal with it but....hanging is too serious guys.

Lee
right!

United States

#6 Mar 10, 2013
Lee Scott wrote:
Needs to deal with it but.....wanna castrate him for one mistake?

He has a record. Three days is the norm. Most go to school for three days in stead of incarceration. Most are reduced from dui to reckless for a first offender.

Needs to deal with it but....hanging is too serious guys.

Lee
Thanks Lee! I mean some of the people that commented on this (and previous threads pertaining to Marshall's D.U.I) are an embarrassment to our community. So many people predicted that he would get off Scott free (pun intended lol), and that he should receive the same sentence that would be handed down to the rest of us under same circumstance. On and on and on they went about how our whole town is corrupt, his d.u.i. Will be swept under the rug, and any and everything else that could be dug up (true or false) to tarnish his family name. Now here we are a few months later. The guy wrote a public apology admitting fault, sought help, and plead "guilty." Now that many of you folks are being served a big old slice of humble pie you choose instead to bitch and complain that he should've received stiffer penalties? In my book that is called "hypocrisy"! In other words you want them to chuck the standard procedure for sentencing in favor of castration? Stfu! It's cool for them to give him "special treatment" or different just as long as it is more severe? Makes no sense to me! That is probably why many of those people are home (collecting welfare) sitting on the TOPIX all day on their anonymous soap box while someone like Judge Marshall is putting forth an honest effort to make amends and get back to presiding over important cases where one bad call could mean that a dangerous criminal walks or taxpayers have to pay for another trial!!!!! I am pleased to see that Marshall took responsibility for breaking the law and in return was handed down the appropriate consequences. He appears to be really trying to move forward now and it would be for everyone else to do the same. Soon enough someone else will make a mistake and you all can ride that one out on your high horse. Just hope that it's not you that screws up this time cause Karma is a bitch folks!
Sider

Chillicothe, OH

#7 Mar 10, 2013
U r correct KARMA is a BITCH ,so u & ur people need to learn this, KARMA is coming soon to all !!!
really

Minford, OH

#8 Mar 10, 2013
I think some people were so hard on him because they were suprised that one of our judges would have such disreguard for the law.The law that he is paid to uphold.
we watch U from all over

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Mar 11, 2013
[QUOTE who="right!"]<quo ted text>
Thanks Lee! I mean some of the people that commented on this (and previous threads pertaining to Marshall's D.U.I) are an embarrassment to our community.---------blah--blah- -----blah--------. Just hope that it's not you that screws up this time cause Karma is a bitch folks![/QUOTE]

You sound like Marshall crying & making threats to get revenge on all who point out what a corrupt piece of dung HE IS and how his drunk ass doesn't need to be a judge!
ESPECIALLY a judge over substance abusers!!!!!!!!

Or just a family member or another drugged/drunkin CORRUPT county or city official?(you have too many to count)

What a freaking joke you are MARSHALL! If you had ANY HONOR you would resign as judge.( but of course we all know your power hungry, corrupt, drunk ass would never do the right thing)

And Lee-- You only like the putz because he accepts your bribes. <wink>

Both of these creeps need to leave Portsmouth & Scioto county.

Why not try Florida......we have a great prison system for your type out in the swamps. A just retirement for your aged corrupt asses.
<grin>

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#10 Mar 11, 2013
we watch U from all over wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like Marshall crying & making threats to get revenge on all who point out what a corrupt piece of dung HE IS and how his drunk ass doesn't need to be a judge!
Or just a family member or another drugged/drunkin CORRUPT county or city official?(you have too many to count)
What a freaking joke you are MARSHALL! If you had ANY HONOR you would resign as judge.( but of course we all know your power hungry, corrupt, drunk ass would never do the right thing)
Why not try Florida......we have a great prison system for your type out in the swamps. A just retirement for your aged corrupt asses.
<grin>
Marshall, Lee Scott, Mike Jones, John Haas and all the rest of them can't move or resign, they can't make it else where or otherwise, they would be on the corner, "work for food." They don't work on your taxes, fines and fees. Dah......
imhappy

Marion, OH

#11 Mar 11, 2013
Non of us are perfect and have made mistakes.
what

Minford, OH

#12 Mar 11, 2013
we watch U from all over wrote:
<quoted text>
<grin>
Florida?Is'nt that where SPEARS said he was going.
Concerned

Peebles, OH

#13 Mar 11, 2013
I cannot believe the crap I hear on this site. Marshall should be taken off the bench. Portsmouth is just a real dive now and is being ran by criminals. How does a person stay in that type of job after dong such things? This is like letting a cop rob a bank and then defending him or her. This is the same way the Catholic church kept covering up their child molesters. It will come back to haunt Portsmouth in the future. All of those who did nothing about people like Marshall will be held accountable when real honest people take back over the town.
Well

Napoleon, OH

#14 Mar 11, 2013
Have any of you ever bothered to check to see all the high office politicians that have had DUI's or worse.I tell you there are a boat load of them. They are running your country. Why all the big deal over a judge in a small town?
Lee Scott

Marion, OH

#15 Mar 12, 2013
I am still looking for my first job. Not old enough yet!

Never been before Marshall. Have had no criminal matters for over thirty years.

Yes, I too made a mistake and will, just like Marshall, pay for it the rest of my life.

Lee
NO LIE

Jackson, OH

#16 Mar 12, 2013
Concerned wrote:
I cannot believe the crap I hear on this site. Marshall should be taken off the bench. Portsmouth is just a real dive now and is being ran by criminals. How does a person stay in that type of job after dong such things? This is like letting a cop rob a bank and then defending him or her. This is the same way the Catholic church kept covering up their child molesters. It will come back to haunt Portsmouth in the future. All of those who did nothing about people like Marshall will be held accountable when real honest people take back over the town.
That's the truth, the whole truth & nothing but the truth!
Dairy

Westerville, OH

#17 Mar 12, 2013
Weren't there people saying this was being coverd up? what happened to them?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#18 Mar 12, 2013
Lee Scott wrote:
I am still looking for my first job. Not old enough yet!
Never been before Marshall. Have had no criminal matters for over thirty years.
Yes, I too made a mistake and will, just like Marshall, pay for it the rest of my life.
Lee
Get it expunged, dun't Ohio have new laws on that? Get your homie on that, pronto....... Dah.........
AJAX

Marion, OH

#19 Mar 12, 2013
He made a mistake,we all do,I would say the pressures of his Job,had a lot to do with it,fortunately no one was hurt..
what

Minford, OH

#20 Mar 12, 2013
AJAX wrote:
He made a mistake,we all do,I would say the pressures of his Job,had a lot to do with it,fortunately no one was hurt..
His job,if ya ca'nt stand the heat get out of the kitchen!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portsmouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kellie Stakes/harper fering/wanda Kipp (Sep '15) 1 hr Pip Rademaker 26
Ports. Trans Prostitute from Gone:TFW found dead? 1 hr Heidi 97
House on Dace Road 3 hr Know him 21
Notre Dame Bd Member (Jan '11) 3 hr Jess 13
Nerve in arm pierced during routine blood draw (Aug '10) 4 hr Dina 55
Autumnal equinox 4 hr mossbeard 1
It's Been a few Days ... Someone comment on 'Ra... 6 hr skanks 8

Portsmouth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance