protect yourself without a gun

Posted in the Portsmouth Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bob

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Feb 17, 2011
lucasville flea market has good deal on tazers,zap first then shoot only if you haft to.just because you have the right to protect yourself dont mean you haft to kill.
Phil

Drexel Hill, PA

#2 Feb 17, 2011
A taser wouldn't make such a mess on the carpet, either. If you shoot an "invader," you'd have a lot of cleanup to do.
countryboone

Berlin Heights, OH

#3 Feb 17, 2011
No. That stuff is high ineffective. If anything you need the kind that shoots out the wire with prongs into the intruders flesh then you can pull the trigger and buzz his ass. This is the ony tazer that would be effective. The other ones you have to physically apply the prongs to the person and keep them on that person or else it will not have no affect. On the flipside, with the one that shoots, well, you just AIME and pull the trigger to release the wire with prongs. Once it has hit it's target then it's all over from there. NOT unless the person is SUPER HIGH ON METH.

I don't beleive in killing - it's wrong. However, i do beleive in shooting to defend yourself. If anything i would take out a knee, maybe both of them. This would do the job til the cops came and it would be more justified without running the risk of getting put in jail for MURDER.

LOTS of ways to defend yourself without killing. I think people think that is their only course of action and it is NOT. Most importantly lock your doors - don't answer the door late at night unless you KNOW for a FACT who is on the other side of that door. If not call 911 just to be SAFE.

If someone breaks in, be ready and prepared to go to battle. Just try not to kill. Atleast avoid vital areas. If you KILL once you are a murderer. Remember that. EVEN IF you were protecting yourself and YOUR family. Your still taking a LIFE and NO life is worth taking.

There is alot of ways to take out an intruder without KILLING.
countryboone

Berlin Heights, OH

#4 Feb 17, 2011
If the oppurtunity presents itself then by all means take out some knees. Trust me, your not going to have a problem.

And if your in that LIFE/DEATH situation and your ONLY option is to kill - then use your own judgment.
Rob

Kenton, OH

#5 Feb 17, 2011
If someone unlawfully enters my house an puts my family in danger i will shoot first an ask questions later!! Look at it this way your savin the government money killin the idiots now they dont have to pay for the court appointed attorney an house him in prison with 3 meals a day an a warm bed!!
Rob

Kenton, OH

#6 Feb 17, 2011
Shoot to kill!! Only 1 side of the story to be told to the law then!!
Opps to late

Portsmouth, OH

#7 Feb 17, 2011
If a man/men whoever even thinks about stepping into my home, my Crimson Trace laser will be aimed at either heart or head. The only thing I would concern myself with is if I should use my Ruger .44 magnum, LCP .380, or my Colt .45. I dare someone to step into my house where my wife and babies sleep, who knows their intentions. Trust me, I will be doing you all a favor...educate yourself and see how many repeat offenders commit the same crimes upon their release. I suggest everyone else adopt the same attitude, the world just might be a nicer place.
countryboone

Berlin Heights, OH

#8 Feb 17, 2011
Rob wrote:
If someone unlawfully enters my house an puts my family in danger i will shoot first an ask questions later!! Look at it this way your savin the government money killin the idiots now they dont have to pay for the court appointed attorney an house him in prison with 3 meals a day an a warm bed!!
Try telling yourself that when YOU are the one sitting behinf bars and need a court appointed attorney. It happens all the time ... people kill people because they felt threatend or their life was at stake. People have GRAND JURY TRIALS FOR THIS STUFF EVERYDAY.

Use your own judgement, like i said ...
bob

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Feb 17, 2011
i sleep with a loaded gun right next to me but i dont want to use it the ideal that i shoot and kill someone and they might go to hell is something i dont want to think about so i will try anything first, 10 15 years ago i didnt even lock my doors.things just seem to be getting worse,that is a stun gun i got in lucasville i said tazer but it would help.
shooter

Middleboro, MA

#10 Feb 17, 2011
Shoot their a$$ off,before they kill you. Just like the x sheriff did when his house was broke in. And i'me sorry but that's not murder in my book.
shooter

Middleboro, MA

#11 Feb 17, 2011
I've had cops tell me off the record,blow their a$$ away.
truth

Portsmouth, OH

#12 Feb 17, 2011
if someone brakes into my house hell yeahh imma shot them.. I have a family to protect. what you suppose 2 do push em outta ur way wtf? im sure alot of ppl feel the same way... others may feel different and im sorry but thats how i feel..
osu fan

Perth Amboy, NJ

#13 Feb 18, 2011
countryboone wrote:
No. That stuff is high ineffective. If anything you need the kind that shoots out the wire with prongs into the intruders flesh then you can pull the trigger and buzz his ass. This is the ony tazer that would be effective. The other ones you have to physically apply the prongs to the person and keep them on that person or else it will not have no affect. On the flipside, with the one that shoots, well, you just AIME and pull the trigger to release the wire with prongs. Once it has hit it's target then it's all over from there. NOT unless the person is SUPER HIGH ON METH.
I don't beleive in killing - it's wrong. However, i do beleive in shooting to defend yourself. If anything i would take out a knee, maybe both of them. This would do the job til the cops came and it would be more justified without running the risk of getting put in jail for MURDER.
LOTS of ways to defend yourself without killing. I think people think that is their only course of action and it is NOT. Most importantly lock your doors - don't answer the door late at night unless you KNOW for a FACT who is on the other side of that door. If not call 911 just to be SAFE.
If someone breaks in, be ready and prepared to go to battle. Just try not to kill. Atleast avoid vital areas. If you KILL once you are a murderer. Remember that. EVEN IF you were protecting yourself and YOUR family. Your still taking a LIFE and NO life is worth taking.
There is alot of ways to take out an intruder without KILLING.
if you have to kill someone to defend yourself, you are NOT a murderer. thats why they call it self defense.
Huh

Chagrin Falls, OH

#14 Feb 18, 2011
countryboone wrote:
<quoted text>
Try telling yourself that when YOU are the one sitting behinf bars and need a court appointed attorney. It happens all the time ... people kill people because they felt threatend or their life was at stake. People have GRAND JURY TRIALS FOR THIS STUFF EVERYDAY.
Use your own judgement, like i said ...
It ain't about going to jail, it's about staying alive. You can't bring a knife or tazer to a gun fight, you'll lose. If you pull a gun an a cop he ain't gonna taze you, he's gonna shoot you, and cops have no more right to use deadly force than anybody else. You just have to prove you were in fear of your life, or protecting the life of another. The intruder isn't coming in to sell cupcakes you know.

“Two stones with one bird”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#15 Feb 18, 2011
Tazers are $200+ and you can only fire them once. The you have to pay ~$50 for another shot. What waste of money. You can buy a reliable gun for $200.

What happens when the bad guy has a gun?

Tazers are fine auxillary weapons, but don't bring one to a gun fight.

A high quality 1911 in the only caliber for which it was intended is all the defense you need. Want more? Buy a short-barreled shotgun.
huh

Berlin Heights, OH

#16 Feb 18, 2011
Another robbery at GUN POINT in New Boston, AGAIN.

WSAZ.COM reporting it. Are we starting to see a TREND HERE? This town is getting dangerous by the day.
josh

Portsmouth, OH

#17 Feb 18, 2011
countryboone wrote:
No. That stuff is high ineffective. If anything you need the kind that shoots out the wire with prongs into the intruders flesh then you can pull the trigger and buzz his ass. This is the ony tazer that would be effective. The other ones you have to physically apply the prongs to the person and keep them on that person or else it will not have no affect. On the flipside, with the one that shoots, well, you just AIME and pull the trigger to release the wire with prongs. Once it has hit it's target then it's all over from there. NOT unless the person is SUPER HIGH ON METH.
I don't beleive in killing - it's wrong. However, i do beleive in shooting to defend yourself. If anything i would take out a knee, maybe both of them. This would do the job til the cops came and it would be more justified without running the risk of getting put in jail for MURDER.
LOTS of ways to defend yourself without killing. I think people think that is their only course of action and it is NOT. Most importantly lock your doors - don't answer the door late at night unless you KNOW for a FACT who is on the other side of that door. If not call 911 just to be SAFE.
If someone breaks in, be ready and prepared to go to battle. Just try not to kill. Atleast avoid vital areas. If you KILL once you are a murderer. Remember that. EVEN IF you were protecting yourself and YOUR family. Your still taking a LIFE and NO life is worth taking.
There is alot of ways to take out an intruder without KILLING.
then if you dont kill them you would prob be sued.
josh

Portsmouth, OH

#18 Feb 18, 2011
Rob wrote:
If someone unlawfully enters my house an puts my family in danger i will shoot first an ask questions later!! Look at it this way your savin the government money killin the idiots now they dont have to pay for the court appointed attorney an house him in prison with 3 meals a day an a warm bed!!
besides he made the judgment call of coming in my house.
ms dixie

Corinth, MS

#19 Feb 18, 2011
Phil wrote:
A taser wouldn't make such a mess on the carpet, either. If you shoot an "invader," you'd have a lot of cleanup to do.
But, how long does the person stay that way? What if you don't get the law to get there before they are ready to go again>
Justin

Portsmouth, OH

#20 Feb 18, 2011
Maybe we could just try to reason with them. We could take them by the hand and explain where they are going wrong. We could then point them in the direction of the Portsmouth Health Department so they could get free needles to abuse their drugs. I'm sure after these efforts are made, they will see your point of view. The sun will then shine and the birds will sing for everyone. Or, you could just shoot them which will also solve the problem with out fear of a recurrence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portsmouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
best hair places?? open on monday?? 59 min gary 4
Eric Winters Glock 22 1 hr gary 6
Foreclosure Question 2 hr Perry T Mason 5
Where is Woo-Boy hiding????? 2 hr Perry T Mason 8
uh oh veronica is on the warpath!! (Feb '14) 3 hr Christopher 7
Duncan new Phs football coach 4 hr Terry 8
dr khoury having affair with brandy moore on ca... 4 hr Terry 8
Portsmouth Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Portsmouth People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Portsmouth News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Portsmouth

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:00AM
Broncos vs. Bengals: TV Info, Spread, Injury Updates, Game Time and More
NFL 9:01 AM
Browns place safety Tashaun Gipson on injured reserve
ESPN 9:39 AM
Setback-free Newton to start against Browns
NBC Sports10:00 AM
Browns put Tashaun Gipson on IR
NBC Sports11:17 AM
Peyton Manning officially questionable for Monday night