"Stag Bar" best kept secret in portsm...

"Stag Bar" best kept secret in portsmouth

Posted in the Portsmouth Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
twisted

Portsmouth, OH

#1 Nov 6, 2012
I had heard so many rumors about this place, I had to go check it out! This is, in my opinion, the nicest bar in Portsmouth! Cheap alcohol, good food, clean-N-friendly atmosphere, great service..... What else could you ask for? I hear they are also doing an "annual" shuffleboard tournament right before Christmas (weekend before)! They donate all the proceeds to the hospice of Portsmouth, so the money goes to a great local charity!!! I think it's wonderful that a local business is giving back to our community! Makes Me alot more comfortable spending my money there, knowing it'll stay around our area (unlike Walmart destroying our country)! Support our local businesses!!!!!!
absolutely

Ashland, KY

#2 Nov 6, 2012
twisted wrote:
I had heard so many rumors about this place, I had to go check it out! This is, in my opinion, the nicest bar in Portsmouth! Cheap alcohol, good food, clean-N-friendly atmosphere, great service..... What else could you ask for? I hear they are also doing an "annual" shuffleboard tournament right before Christmas (weekend before)! They donate all the proceeds to the hospice of Portsmouth, so the money goes to a great local charity!!! I think it's wonderful that a local business is giving back to our community! Makes Me alot more comfortable spending my money there, knowing it'll stay around our area (unlike Walmart destroying our country)! Support our local businesses!!!!!!
What the hell does the Stag Bar have to do with Walmart?
fagroy

Cardington, OH

#3 Nov 6, 2012
Gay bar

Since: Jul 12

Portsmouth, OH

#4 Nov 6, 2012
Good bar. Check it out on Facebook. Smoking permitted.
bt

United States

#5 Nov 6, 2012
I heard they don't have a juke box or any music or a pool table. I like shuffle board but what else is there to do in there?
crazy me

Portsmouth, OH

#7 Nov 6, 2012
I'm a woman and lots of women and couples go in there. There's big screen tv and they have satellite so they get a lot of music channels. I think it's a good place to go.
Mary

Logan, OH

#8 Nov 6, 2012
Most of the time they have on sports. More women are going in there, but some of the men are still hanging onto the past.
Mary

Logan, OH

#9 Nov 6, 2012
Most of the time the TV is turned on to sports. There are more women going in there, but some of the men are still hanging on to the past.
newsflash

United States

#10 Nov 6, 2012
I was just in there and they deffinately have a pool table & juke box!!!!
booboo

Cardington, OH

#11 Nov 6, 2012
Women are safe there. They like men
newsflash

United States

#12 Nov 6, 2012
fagroy wrote:
Gay bar
LoL That's so funny! People tell u that?!? They are the same people that are prob. There on a regular basis..... Trying to keep the low-life's out of the place! ;)
Bahahaha

Amanda, OH

#13 Nov 6, 2012
bt wrote:
I heard they don't have a juke box or any music or a pool table. I like shuffle board but what else is there to do in there?
They have a juke box now and is a great bar. Lots of parties and events there too.
Bahahaha

Amanda, OH

#14 Nov 6, 2012
booboo wrote:
Women are safe there. They like men
Awe see now you are proving me right, you are saddened by it turning out to not actually being a gay bar. Dude go to Columbus with that crap.
john

Aylmer, Canada

#15 Jul 16, 2013
best outdoor patio in ohio......
Stagger Inn

Oak Hill, OH

#16 Jul 17, 2013
fagroy wrote:
Gay bar
YOUR A DUMBASS!!!! any way the bar was built so the working man usually married could go there and drink a few without the wives worrying about women coming around.. but that has changed in the past few years and it is a great place to hang out...
cute and country

Portsmouth, OH

#17 Jul 17, 2013
I heard woman not allowed in there
gary

Minford, OH

#18 Jul 18, 2013
Stagger Inn wrote:
<quoted text>YOUR A DUMBASS!!!! any way the bar was built so the working man usually married could go there and drink a few without the wives worrying about women coming around.. but that has changed in the past few years and it is a great place to hang out...
i had a owner/ bartender tell me one time that most trouble starting in a bar was usually over a woman. so thats why there were stag bars. the old millbrook inn would allow women in, but they couldnt sit at the bar.
Cause and Effect

West Union, OH

#19 Jul 18, 2013
gary wrote:
<quoted text>
i had a owner/ bartender tell me one time that most trouble starting in a bar was usually over a woman. so thats why there were stag bars. the old millbrook inn would allow women in, but they couldnt sit at the bar.
Which then resulted in most of the trouble being started over a gay man.
XD
Anos

Waverly, OH

#20 Jul 18, 2013
This is wear all the gay people hang out!
imhappy

Portsmouth, OH

#21 Jul 19, 2013
Amos - Go in there and say that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portsmouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good or bad? 8 min Lovetohate 1
Pats? 9 min Lovetohate 21
Jill pertue 11 min Lovetohate 1
allisayislol 13 min Lovetohate 7
Hookers dead 13 min Lovetohate 4
scum lord brandy cook 15 min Lovetohate 6
Jimmy Church (Jun '10) 16 min Lovetohate 27
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Portsmouth Mortgages