Caregive hits elderly women in Walma...
Rosebud

Minford, OH

#22 Jul 24, 2010
hmm wrote:
Shhh ... Heritage Square. They hire druggies and anyone/everyone in between.
Thank You.. I will be calling Heritage Square to see if anyone their had taken anyone out to Walmart yesterday... thanks for your reply..
Storming

United States

#23 Jul 24, 2010
I do thank you so much for reporting her and pray they find her.I do believe in karma and believe there is a hotter section of hell just for people like her.It so horrible to hear about heartless people who feel nothing when they abuse/take advantage of people who can`t help theirself.Wished I would`ve been there I am sure I would`ve needed bail money by the time I got done with that trash.They should be much harder on people that abuse our children,elderly and mentaly/physical handicap!!!!!If you can`t do your job right GET A NEW ONE!
Formercaregiver

Marion, OH

#24 Jul 24, 2010
I know I worked at SRS and we would take our residents to Walmart on Outing's and to do grocery shopping so maybe call there also, most of the residents there are mentally handicapped and most are elderly. So Scioto Residential Services is the name and I know for a fact they have 10-12 houses in the county and are always taking the residents to Walmart. This is uncalled for, I don't care how stressful your job is or how aggravated you get, you don't abuse people..
Sharon

Minford, OH

#25 Jul 24, 2010
Formercaregiver wrote:
I know I worked at SRS and we would take our residents to Walmart on Outing's and to do grocery shopping so maybe call there also, most of the residents there are mentally handicapped and most are elderly. So Scioto Residential Services is the name and I know for a fact they have 10-12 houses in the county and are always taking the residents to Walmart. This is uncalled for, I don't care how stressful your job is or how aggravated you get, you don't abuse people..
Thank you so much for your reply.. I will add Scioto Residential Servies to my list of places to call... I wonder if Heartland takes people to walmart too.. I am calling till I find out who had whom at walmart abusing one of their clients..
Thanks everyone for your support...
brittany

Marion, OH

#26 Jul 24, 2010
look u cant sit here and BASH people who USE to b on drugs there are quit a few of us who have turned our lives around...so dont sit here and BLAME addicts for what some lady did.. for all u know it was someone who has never done a pill in there life.. see thats what i cant stand about u people who wanna sit here and judge people b.c of there past.. uve prolly never had an addict in ur family so ur just gonna sit there and judge... i feel sorry for the old lady who was abused but dont sit here and say it was a PILL head.. and people like u are the reasons us EX pill heads cant get jobs.. soo grow up u all wanna sit here and complain about us having to b oin welfare or whatever well stop dogging us b.c we USED to b on pills and help us get jobs damn i cant stand judgemental people like u
Sharon

Minford, OH

#27 Jul 24, 2010
Storming wrote:
I do thank you so much for reporting her and pray they find her.I do believe in karma and believe there is a hotter section of hell just for people like her.It so horrible to hear about heartless people who feel nothing when they abuse/take advantage of people who can`t help theirself.Wished I would`ve been there I am sure I would`ve needed bail money by the time I got done with that trash.They should be much harder on people that abuse our children,elderly and mentaly/physical handicap!!!!!If you can`t do your job right GET A NEW ONE!
Thank you for your reply.. I think this story touched a lot of people .. It is difficult to think of someone mistreating someone that they are suppose to be caring for.. I was shaking when I heard her hit this poor women.. and then to hear this poor women reply back in tears.. What did you hit me for ?? It broke my heart..
I couldnt get out of the restroom fast enough to inform customer service and call the police... I am going to do what I can to find where she works and make sure she has charges filed aganist her.. thank you so much...
cobcerned granny

United States

#28 Jul 24, 2010
that is terible, to think anyone would mistreat an elderly personis so on called for. who ever this caregiver is sure does not need to be around any elderly or even children for that matter. sounds like they need an attatude ajustment. see how that feels to them . i sure hope you find out who she is. thank you so much for reporting her.
PurplepeopleEate r

Marion, OH

#29 Jul 25, 2010
The only problem is, this woman could have worked for anyone. I have an elderly relative who has had a few care givers drive places even though they weren't supposed to. I guess it got them out of the house and they could both run errands.

As far as those places hiring druggies and other people who don't behave according to our standards, I do believe they hire who they can get. This is a very hard job with very low pay. I promise you I could never do it. I think they hire anyone without a criminal background (that simply means they've never been caught). Perfect job for criminals because the elderly often do not know what to do or how to prove it when they've been mistreated or things stolen from them. My relative has seen many workers come and go and many of them fried.
I've heard it's easy to get fired so a lot good people probably avoid a job like this, because if you accidently hurt someone, say trying to pick them up, you could get fired and loose your lisence. A good person wouldn't want a reputation like that. I know I could never have the patience to do a job like that.
Some people also care for elderly under the table, so there may be no records of this person. So families ask your elderly relatives how they've been treated lately, call your long lost friends and neighbors and check on them. If this woman bought anything besides paying with cash, they could look through receipt records at that time (for the old woman or worker) to find a name.
I must add that my relative has had 4 care givers, and 3 out of 4 of them were good (1 had sticky fingers and ate all her food). So thank you to the good ones, I know I could never do a job like that. Thanks for your dedication, patience, and caring hearts.
giddy

Marion, OH

#30 Jul 25, 2010
couldn't someone suggest if shes on tape they put her picture in the papaer for questioning then people will know who they are looking for,or someone will know where they work???????after all elder abuse is a serious crime,and who knows how many more she cares for and is doing this crap to.I f they cannot do that they can fax her pic to all the residencies where elder people are cared for at least.
TDC

Crooksville, OH

#31 Jul 25, 2010
thats a great idea she could just be working undertable they are alot of people careing for elderly that are hire by the family to help with the care
Adolph hitler

San Mateo, CA

#32 Jul 25, 2010
You should of called 911 outside the bathroom and didn't let her go until police arrived
PurplepeopleEate r

Marion, OH

#33 Jul 25, 2010
Adolph hitler wrote:
You should of called 911 outside the bathroom and didn't let her go until police arrived
would coulda shoulda
But now what?
Just help spread the word,I'm sure justice will be served.
Keeping the faith.
just me

Kansas City, MO

#34 Jul 25, 2010
hmm wrote:
Shhh ... Heritage Square. They hire druggies and anyone/everyone in between.
not just white MANY africans and somalians who can't even speak plain english and the elderly and mrdd have a horrible time understanding them. Most of these people are not even citizens of the U.S......hence, the reason the Americans can't find jobs!!

“Life Happends!! Deal with it!!”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#35 Jul 26, 2010
NewVille Father wrote:
Was it truth teller? She's a "caregiver".
like i have told everyone else. my clients are my best friends, i love them. they are like family to me. and besides i would not hit anyone especially an old person.
this is truly sick though. and i hope this caregiver gets caught. and her agency does need to know. i hope walmart will check out the camera's. then i hope they find out who the caregiver is and i hope she goes to prison. NO ONE DESERVES THIS. NO ONE. I WOULD NEVER HIT SOMEONE. I COULD NOT DO THAT. I MAY SOUND MEAN ON HERE BUT REALLY I AM A GOOD PERSON. I LOVE MY JOB, I LOVE MY CLIENTS. MY JOB IS TO HELP THEM SO THEY DO NOT HAVE TO SPEND THE REST OF THEIR DAYS IN A NURSING HOME. THAT IS MY JOB TO TAKE CARE OF OLD PEOPLE.
BTW, I DO NOT WORK FOR AN AGENCY ANYMORE, I WORK INDEPENDENT. SO PLEASE DO NOT SAY HORRIBLE THINGS LIKE THIS. I COULD NEVER HURT ANYONE. PEACE!

“Life Happends!! Deal with it!!”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#36 Jul 26, 2010
PurplepeopleEater wrote:
The only problem is, this woman could have worked for anyone. I have an elderly relative who has had a few care givers drive places even though they weren't supposed to. I guess it got them out of the house and they could both run errands.
As far as those places hiring druggies and other people who don't behave according to our standards, I do believe they hire who they can get. This is a very hard job with very low pay. I promise you I could never do it. I think they hire anyone without a criminal background (that simply means they've never been caught). Perfect job for criminals because the elderly often do not know what to do or how to prove it when they've been mistreated or things stolen from them. My relative has seen many workers come and go and many of them fried.
I've heard it's easy to get fired so a lot good people probably avoid a job like this, because if you accidently hurt someone, say trying to pick them up, you could get fired and loose your lisence. A good person wouldn't want a reputation like that. I know I could never have the patience to do a job like that.
Some people also care for elderly under the table, so there may be no records of this person. So families ask your elderly relatives how they've been treated lately, call your long lost friends and neighbors and check on them. If this woman bought anything besides paying with cash, they could look through receipt records at that time (for the old woman or worker) to find a name.
I must add that my relative has had 4 care givers, and 3 out of 4 of them were good (1 had sticky fingers and ate all her food). So thank you to the good ones, I know I could never do a job like that. Thanks for your dedication, patience, and caring hearts.
Before i became independent, i worked for 2 different agencies. not at the same time. i just wanted to point out that they did do a back ground check on me as well as a drug test. the way they done the back ground check was with my finger prints. and i of course had to pay for it at both agencies lol. well these days you have to prove that you are a good person. i would not want anyone working with my family without a back ground check and a drug test. people when a family member of yours gets a caregiver through an agency, make sure you call the agency and ask if they do back ground checks on the caregivers, as well as drug test.
yes, it is a hard job, but rewarding too. like i said i love my clients, and they love me. they are all like family to me. all i can say is make sure you trust the caregiver, take time to get to know her or him. most of us are trusting and nice. most of us know not to hurt anyone.
i my self know i will be old some day and will need a caregiver, i know what comes around goes around. so i should have a very kind, loving caregiver like my self when i get old.
i really hope this horrible SO CALLED CAREGIVER GETS CAUGHT AND I HOPE SHE GETS WHAT SHE DID TO THAT POOR OLD PERSON. I HOPE SOMEONE KNOCKS THE SH*T OUT OF HER.
shame

United States

#37 Jul 26, 2010
I would knock her teeth out ,shove my boot up her big A.Than beat the hell out of the big B.
bbdl

Marion, OH

#38 Jul 26, 2010
becuse its the law and if u know how to work it u can take homes money u can own old pepole and there shit so work
hard gett old come to portsmouth call roger clark for help so he can take your shit put u in goldinyears sale your home and u will have no right so come one come all to this lawless town to retire
Misinformation

Youngstown, OH

#39 Jul 26, 2010
Misty wrote:
If you have the information still please call the Area Agency on Aging. Please do this! They can investigate the issue and can have her licensed revoked. Please if you still have any info call them. Ask for the lady over the agency.
You need to call the proper authorities - which in this case is the police - the Aging Agency can not have someone's license revoked - where are you getting your misinformation?
Misinformation

Youngstown, OH

#40 Jul 26, 2010
Rosebud wrote:
<quoted text>
'thank you for your reply... Walmart is suppose to be going through the tapes.. they know they have her on tape.. I hope they can identify her .. Tomorrow I am going to make calls to residential centers and to nursing homes to see if I can find where people had been taking someone out on an outing to walmart,, I am not done yet... I will find her....she should not be working with elderly or anyone elese..
Good Luck - no one should be giving you any information d/t HIPPA - however - you can make agencies aware of what happend and they can check it out from their perspective!
Misty

Marion, OH

#41 Jul 26, 2010
It is a portion of the process. I used to work there during college as a part of my degree. Your best bet is to call authorites and contact the agency. As of right now people Wal-Mart is saying that they can not do anything about this. We all know this is bull! Everyone should be on the phone calling them and getting the word out. Also, the majority of nursing homes and other residential service places do take residents shopping at various places. Also, don't forget about MRDD. Hope this helps.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portsmouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Richard Bolda 1 hr Perry T Mason jr 5
Perry=Pip/Pip=Perry 1 hr Perry T Mason jr 5
LARGEST Pill Mill Dr Margaret Temponarous on Trial 6 hr Tyrone Black 9
Dialysis Clinic 17th st. (Jan '11) 9 hr people need to know 17
black & white 11 hr Perry T Mason jr 8
Perry T Mason jr 11 hr Perry T Mason jr 48
Has anyone elses Water bill ran high or higher? (Jan '12) 13 hr DrNo 44

Portsmouth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance