Can you scrap shopping carts?
clever one

Marion, OH

#21 Aug 22, 2011
I saw 1 fellow attach a shopping cart to the back of his bike. Made a great carry-all.
peachesncream

Circleville, OH

#22 Aug 22, 2011
Kroger Worker wrote:
<quoted text>
People take carts off our lots all the time. They have a guy they pay to go round town and pick them up (not very much to my understanding either, just pocket change pretty much.) but obviously he can't get them all. and there are people who do take them off the lot and try to scrap them.
and then when our carts go missing, and we have to get more...and I think they said a single cart costs the company like $100 dollars or something like that.
then customers want to know why we don't have any carts for em to use.
if people would stop taking them off the lot and leave em strung out over town, and stop trying to junk em' then we would have them. and like I said yeah there is one guy that collects them for krogers but he is only one guy and though i see him bring them back all hours of the day and night...he is one person and can only keep up with so much of them.
if you dont want these "eyesore" carts cluttering up your city then please keep them on the stores premises where they belong.
I was happy kroger purchased the smaller carts as the smaller carts are easier for me to use as I have strength problems. I was disappointed to find out the reason there is no more small carts is because I found out people in the community stole them. I also found out where the small carts went to. They are at Hudson House as I saw them on their parking lot & a lady wheeled one outside. I have a terrific idea if you could tell the manager at krogers as it will allow the carts to be left on lot. have a sensor on each grocery cart and a sensor on the edge of kroger lot so when a person tries to wheel the cart off kroger property they get a shock, knocks them down on the ground, like a stun gun. This would prevent the carts from being stolen. also if kroger would have people arrested like they call the police for theft in the store, this would stop a lot of stealing of carts. people who steal the carts need to buy their own carts for their groceries, not steal.
Old

Martinsville, OH

#23 Aug 22, 2011
Yea yea i see kroger putting shockers on the carts.. I also see a bunch of those welfare willies strung out on the ground at the edge of kroger lot after getting zapped and borrowing someones cell phone to call a lawyer.. 1-800-i got zapped

“Loser is as Loser does! ”

Since: Aug 11

Ashland, KY

#24 Aug 22, 2011
Do you people not realize when you remove a cart from the premises it becomes theft?
DrNO

Cardington, OH

#25 Aug 23, 2011
I would hope the scrap yards would not take them.
We have an Aldi's here in the Dayton area and you have to pay to use one of their carts (not sure how much) and when you are finished shopping you get your money back. I think it works for them just fine.
Old

Martinsville, OH

#26 Aug 23, 2011
DrNO wrote:
I would hope the scrap yards would not take them.
We have an Aldi's here in the Dayton area and you have to pay to use one of their carts (not sure how much) and when you are finished shopping you get your money back. I think it works for them just fine.
Good luck getting a welfare willy coming into the store with a Food Card ONLY making a deposit on aa cart.. I have seen them so broke they can not buy shampoo.. I think they need to stand in a different line then me.Only about 5% of the people on welfare are good honest people that deserve a little Temp. help & the other 95% are bottom feeders that suck the life outta us working stiffs. Pardon the rant but its late and i am bored.

“Loser is as Loser does! ”

Since: Aug 11

Ashland, KY

#27 Aug 23, 2011
Old wrote:
<quoted text>Good luck getting a welfare willy coming into the store with a Food Card ONLY making a deposit on aa cart.. I have seen them so broke they can not buy shampoo.. I think they need to stand in a different line then me.Only about 5% of the people on welfare are good honest people that deserve a little Temp. help & the other 95% are bottom feeders that suck the life outta us working stiffs. Pardon the rant but its late and i am bored.
I went to Walmart this evening and spent $58. At least 3/4 of my purchase was food. The two slow groups of welfare people in front of me buying their name brand items p|ss me off. It is frustrating because I'd qualify for food stamps too, but I'm too prideful to resort to that level. I don't believe it is society's problem to support me. I wish these people thought the same.
Old

Martinsville, OH

#28 Aug 23, 2011
boo_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I went to Walmart this evening and spent $58. At least 3/4 of my purchase was food. The two slow groups of welfare people in front of me buying their name brand items p|ss me off. It is frustrating because I'd qualify for food stamps too, but I'm too prideful to resort to that level. I don't believe it is society's problem to support me. I wish these people thought the same.
There are a couple generations of them out there.. They all want that Free Obama money. They think they are OWED something. Am i a racist YES I hate lazy Fat Welfare Trash that run to the ER twice a week when i can't afford to go unless i have a dame broken leg. Actually that was the last time i went to the Er and i had a broken leg,7 yrs ago.. That was a nice little bill..Bastards gave me crutches and sent me on my way. I arrived in a squade WTF were they thinking,that i would just WALK home lol.. My cousin came and got me. I was venting like i was OWED something.. A little humor ther for you welfare willies.
Old

Martinsville, OH

#29 Aug 23, 2011
Were they wearing there PJs and big baggy T-shirts . I swear to God i could make them work.. I would walk em all out in a field. They have 5 seconds to either WORK or take one between the eyes .. Plant em right there. All that wet moist fat would make Good Fertilizer.
well

Marion, OH

#30 Aug 23, 2011
I saw 2 of Kroger's carts at teh river the other night, one of them was in the park and the other one was in the river, a few feet from where you put a boat in.
Scrap master flex

United States

#31 Feb 18, 2012
Hey, what if a bum pissed and shit on it. There is no way that can be taken back to grocery store for Mommy and baby to use and put all thier groceries in. Not sanitary. Really should scrap them and be careful when handling. Don't know what that cart has been through.
Wow

Marion, OH

#32 Feb 18, 2012
This thread made my day. Just when I thought I'd read it all... Lol. People are nuts!
dude40

Marion, OH

#33 Feb 18, 2012
hey i get so mad when i see these people using the carts as it is their property. do they not know that is why prizes go up in the stores. oh, let me take that back they do know. they get foodstamps so why should that matter to them.
Piss

Amesville, OH

#34 May 15, 2012
How much can u get out of scrapping a washer and drier in Portsmouth????
yes

Marion, OH

#36 May 15, 2012
That is why fd has the poles on buggies. People steal them and scrap them is what i was told.

Since: Apr 12

Massillon, OH

#37 May 16, 2012
Maybe if your a f?uck and down pay taxes ll
Judy

Marion, OH

#38 May 16, 2012
Old wrote:
Yea yea i see kroger putting shockers on the carts.. I also see a bunch of those welfare willies strung out on the ground at the edge of kroger lot after getting zapped and borrowing someones cell phone to call a lawyer.. 1-800-i got zapped
Have you considered what would happen to an elderly person or somebody with a bad heart if they were shocked like that !!!
oh yes, what about little kids getting accidently zapped !!!!
You are STUPID

Be Rock No Momma

“All hail Queen Mayor”

Since: Sep 11

Lynchburg, OH

#39 May 16, 2012
Judy you obviously can not read sarcastic remarks.. Try this, roll your eyes as you read the first line!! If you don't get the rest of the post after that then you are the one that's stupid!!
bobs left hand

Haslet, TX

#40 Sep 16, 2012
STeven wrote:
You dummies,,i dont care who it belongs to..if i see one on the road i will take it...if its not on store lot...therefor its consider trash...which is another mans treasure...if u dummies find anything like that or metal and lives in new york...write bk,,,i love making money,,,and no i dont have a drug problem....
Then your a thief, plain and simple. If your proud of that then your a worthless scumbag and your parents should have taught you better. Its not trash if stolen and abandoned you moron! If someone steals a car and leaves it does that mean its trash and yours for the taking? Its called reciept of stolen goods and I hope you get caught. Your obviously an ignorant, uneducated piece of trash. We would all be better off with people like you locked up! Good luck getting a$$ raped over trying to scrap a grocery cart when they put you in prison over it!! Lol
I must be in drugs

Edinburgh, IN

#41 Jan 31, 2013
I must be in drugs!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portsmouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
courtesy notice to the one known as "Perry" 7 min Asatru and Proud 6
The Last Straw 17 min White Rhino 3
imterested in learning more about Oden, Thor, F... 1 hr Super Fly 28
Tyr the one armed god of bravery 1 hr Perry T Mason jr 4
Scioto County Dragnet gets another perpetrator 2 hr Perry T Mason jr 12
Sign up for the Senior Olympics!! 3 hr Perry T Mason jr 1
African American girl working at burger king 6 hr FOVR 28

Portsmouth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Portsmouth Mortgages