LOL...TROJAN footballl 2012...LOL

Posted in the Portsmouth Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Steve Zienyneeeeeeee

Portsmouth, OH

#2 Jul 6, 2012
This club is not Alabama but I did play for the TROJANS!!! BIG muscle shirt that let my GIANT biceps and triceps move on many school buses I rode for HOURs to get our azzzzz kicked by Upper Arlington and Middletown... Where has this program gone??? Losing to pencil neck schools like VALLEY?? WEST!?? BURG??? Disgrace. Fire the coach and bring in a new man like the basketball program did. What happened? Two state appearances. Awesome facilities with a punk- loser coach that cannot win and has reduced the program to Dog Sh*t. Wake up PHS.
Portsmouth Dave

Portsmouth, OH

#3 Jul 6, 2012
Huh? This guy wins. Well, he beats weak programs. Actually, I have made a fool of myself supporting this team as they rarely win. Burg, Ironton, West, Jackson , East, Northwest, Minford, all kick our butt. Worst is the home games and lard azzzz Skip Hickman in the booth, wow. Embarrassing.
Interest in PHS

Portsmouth, OH

#4 Jul 6, 2012
Wow, terrible trolling posts. Curt is PHS born and bred and has sacrificed many years to help young men win in football and life. He is a legend and as such should decide when he leaves. And it will be on top . I hope the school hires his son when he does leave. Keep the tradition alive and strong in the family:). Plus, Skip Hickman is not that fat and has worked hard for the program many years. Can't ignore the facts of successful program.
gary

Lucasville, OH

#5 Jul 7, 2012
trojan football is taking a rubber and not rolling it out, then while a person is sitting at the other end of the table, you try to flic it between there legs? or fingers?
haha

Portsmouth, OH

#6 Jul 7, 2012
Interest in PHS wrote:
Wow, terrible trolling posts. Curt is PHS born and bred and has sacrificed many years to help young men win in football and life. He is a legend and as such should decide when he leaves. And it will be on top . I hope the school hires his son when he does leave. Keep the tradition alive and strong in the family:). Plus, Skip Hickman is not that fat and has worked hard for the program many years. Can't ignore the facts of successful program.
Please names 5 kids he helped be successful in life? You can't say the cadogans because he tried to send them to smaller schools to make that son look better. Speaking of he only got that scholarship to play because his dad probably knew someone. He's not a good role model for high school kids. He's a big bully bitch is what he is.
Fan

Portsmouth, OH

#7 Jul 7, 2012
haha wrote:
<quoted text>
Please names 5 kids he helped be successful in life? You can't say the cadogans because he tried to send them to smaller schools to make that son look better. Speaking of he only got that scholarship to play because his dad probably knew someone. He's not a good role model for high school kids. He's a big bully bitch is what he is.
Why is he kept as coach? The program is going down so bad and he just struts around like Knute Rockne..
westside rebel

Portsmouth, OH

#8 Jul 7, 2012
Interest in PHS wrote:
Skip Hickman is a fat obnoxious piece of shit. I couldn't tell you how many times during a game I've wanted to walk up to the press box to whoop his ass during a game
Jojo

Circleville, OH

#10 Jul 7, 2012
AllIdoislol wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...NOT a good idea...LOL He stands about 5'5" and weighs a good 270...MEAN man...LOL
lmfao,he might drink PBR.
Not Impressed

Westcliffe, CO

#11 Jul 8, 2012
Clifford was always making bad decisions. A few years ago the Trojans had the best team ever in the history of the school. If you can't win with that you can't win. Back in the fifties they had a coach come in from out of town. He would not let the rich kids play ball unless they actually could play. He took the team to the state in one year and was fired the next. Portsmouth only wants to win if they have a white QB and a black running back. With all of the rich kids playing good positions. When I was in school I was 6"2" 225 actual height and weight and could out bench all of the football team. Because I was not a rich kid, I was not even encouraged to play football. A good coach scouts as much as he coaches. He sucked at both. If they would stop running the JOJOs and Browns every time and use them better they could win. The problem is that when Clifford gets a good running back ( usually black) he runs him every time. The problem is that the other team knows what to expect. We lost to west in the rain at ironton because jojo was too fast to keep his footing and too light. Not his fault, probably the best Trojan rb ever. The rain and mud was the issue. Put in the largest guy you have and let him power the way through. We were better than west that year. They couldn't beat Kenton but we could have. It was our only chance to shine. Clifford won't go for the first down when he needs to, he always kicks the ball away. If you don't play to win you won't.
Billy The kid

Circleville, OH

#12 Jul 8, 2012
Not Impressed wrote:
Clifford was always making bad decisions. A few years ago the Trojans had the best team ever in the history of the school. If you can't win with that you can't win. Back in the fifties they had a coach come in from out of town. He would not let the rich kids play ball unless they actually could play. He took the team to the state in one year and was fired the next. Portsmouth only wants to win if they have a white QB and a black running back. With all of the rich kids playing good positions. When I was in school I was 6"2" 225 actual height and weight and could out bench all of the football team. Because I was not a rich kid, I was not even encouraged to play football. A good coach scouts as much as he coaches. He sucked at both. If they would stop running the JOJOs and Browns every time and use them better they could win. The problem is that when Clifford gets a good running back ( usually black) he runs him every time. The problem is that the other team knows what to expect. We lost to west in the rain at ironton because jojo was too fast to keep his footing and too light. Not his fault, probably the best Trojan rb ever. The rain and mud was the issue. Put in the largest guy you have and let him power the way through. We were better than west that year. They couldn't beat Kenton but we could have. It was our only chance to shine. Clifford won't go for the first down when he needs to, he always kicks the ball away. If you don't play to win you won't.
Your an idiot. Jojo Parker wasn't even the RB then. If you was so damn good post your name!
westside rebel

Portsmouth, OH

#13 Jul 8, 2012
Not Impressed wrote:
Buddy I got news for you.. You wasn't better than west.. And you for damn sure wouldn't have beat Kenton. That's a fact.
westside rebel

Portsmouth, OH

#14 Jul 8, 2012
Not Impressed wrote:
And I can also so I doubt that was the best team you've had in the history of the school either
really

Ashley, OH

#15 Jul 8, 2012
The year we lost to West in the playoffs in the rain the RB was Jermiah Bolden.Clifford is a terrible coach and he should have a least two state championships.The only time he can win is if his team is loaded.His fat ass lost the Van Wert game to go to the state.He tried to run a option play with Josiah Young and if your a Portsmouth fan you know what happend.Hell Bob Lutz said the 2000 Portsmouth team was better than any of his state championship teams and if he couldn't win a state with that team he never will.So what does that say??? He sucks and needs to give somebody else a chance and not ruin any more good teams!!!
really

Ashley, OH

#16 Jul 8, 2012
Hey West side Rebel the 2000 Portsmouth team would have crushed the West team that went to the State.Think about this Portsmouth beat you bums in the regular season the year you guys went to the State and that team was no where near as good as the 2000 Portsmouth team,so what makes you think West could have beat the 2000 team?The only reason West got to the state was because of luck.Irzarry kid dropped a wide open pass in the end zone that would have beat you bums and a team that beat you earlier in the year was with out their starting QB and RB.The 2000 Portsmouth team would have crushed the West team that went to the State.
really

Ashley, OH

#18 Jul 8, 2012
West only got to state because 1.Played Portsmouth in a mud hole and we had speed backs and you had power back if game was played on a dry field you would have lost 2.Kid that was comitted to OSU dropped a wide open TD pass 3.team you played you lost to in regular season would have beat you bums again if they had their starting RB.West wasn't that good that year it was luck why they got that far.The completion wasn't as no where nearly as competive when the 2000 Portsmouth team went to the Playoffs.Portsmouth beat Dayton Chaminade Julian who was ranked Nationally in the USA Today poll.
Truth Is

Portsmouth, OH

#19 Jul 8, 2012
really wrote:
Hey West side Rebel the 2000 Portsmouth team would have crushed the West team that went to the State.Think about this Portsmouth beat you bums in the regular season the year you guys went to the State and that team was no where near as good as the 2000 Portsmouth team,so what makes you think West could have beat the 2000 team?The only reason West got to the state was because of luck.Irzarry kid dropped a wide open pass in the end zone that would have beat you bums and a team that beat you earlier in the year was with out their starting QB and RB.The 2000 Portsmouth team would have crushed the West team that went to the State.
Many games are won on luck. But you have to be ready when the luck presents itself. Can't blame bad luck on losing a football game
Football fan

Portsmouth, OH

#20 Jul 8, 2012
I saw the west Kenton game. I have watched many years of football around southern Ohio. I can tell you this, there is not a team from around here from any era that could have beat Kenton with Mauk and company. National passing records. All players went 1 way... I also have heard about the mud bowl for years now and the crying from phs.... Get over it already you got beat. They played on the same field as you,
westside rebel

Portsmouth, OH

#21 Jul 8, 2012
really wrote:
The year we lost to West in the playoffs in the rain the RB was Jermiah Bolden.Clifford is a terrible coach and he should have a least two state championships.The only time he can win is if his team is loaded.His fat ass lost the Van Wert game to go to the state.He tried to run a option play with Josiah Young and if your a Portsmouth fan you know what happend.Hell Bob Lutz said the 2000 Portsmouth team was better than any of his state championship teams and if he couldn't win a state with that team he never will.So what does that say??? He sucks and needs to give somebody else a chance and not ruin any more good teams!!!
2000 was not the team that west played beat them in the playoffs. And I'm not disagreeing he is a horrible coach.
westside rebel

Portsmouth, OH

#22 Jul 8, 2012
really wrote:
Would have, could have, should have. If they was they should have. All I know is west was state runner ups and you don't get there by luck. In football what people refer to as "luck" is a better football team. And nobody was gonna beat Kenton with Ben mail at QB
CasualFan

Minford, OH

#25 Jul 9, 2012
West didn't have Lens at RB during the regular season matchup.... West wasn't at their best, when Lens was moved to RB is when West began to really kick it in, and in the state title game he rolls an ankle, and West couldn't change the offense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portsmouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
black have finally won 5 min No Victory 205
Why do black people stink? 46 min me me me me 38
timmy to angie (Feb '15) 1 hr me me me me 4
Hi 1 hr me me me me 2
Drama queens in wayne hills?go! 1 hr Courtney 8
matt oster and kara conley 3 hr Veronica 13
Chad stump? (May '14) 3 hr Stumpy 19
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Portsmouth Mortgages