Someone Stole My AC unit

Someone Stole My AC unit

Posted in the Portsmouth Forum

Chuck

Marion, OH

#1 Aug 29, 2010
Folks don't think this is funny until it happens to you ! sometime Friday early morning my outside AC condensing unit was stolen, it's not funny if you think so wait till it happens to you. The insurance pro rated the age of it and only paid 35% of what a new one cost. Now this is a shame I get ripp off the insurance company ripps me off and the AC guy now says the new unit will not hook up to my old unit in the furnace. I have to buy a new complete unit.
The home owner is the loser every time.
The bad part is Livingston's scrap yard keeps on taking them in and paying these thieves big money for the parts.
sorry

Marion, OH

#2 Aug 29, 2010
I'm sorry to hear that. I don't think it's funny at all. There are so many people getting ripped off left and right and the bad thing is it's just going to get worse. I don't know what all of us decent, hard working, law abiding people are supposed to do. Stand guard all night with a shotgun?
Diane

Bear, DE

#3 Aug 29, 2010
so sorry to hear that!! I feel ya and would suggest an outside guard dog but they would just poison the poor thing like they did one of mine, luckily the other one is so mean she hasn't gotten it yet, I am hoping she won't!! And you are right! us homeowners do get the raw end and livingston's keeps on taking in the stuff.....call them immediately so they know about it and they work with ya alittle more though. I am not hiding my name because I keep getting robbed anyway so what is the point and I know several who are going to read this and know exactly who I am. Shotguns sound like a REAL good idea to me!! Just make sure you have the private property, no trespassing sign up so you don't get in trouble

“Two stones with one bird”

Since: Oct 09

The Compound

#4 Aug 29, 2010
"Officer, that was my warning shot; they just happened to be in the way of it."
smokes

King Of Prussia, PA

#5 Aug 29, 2010
you'd be amazed at what a few extra sections of chain link fence and barbed wire will do...and if livingston's decided to stop accepting items that even remotely looked like they came from AC units, the thieves would find something else to steal...you just have to protect what's yours in anyway you know how.
JKROHN

Marion, OH

#6 Aug 29, 2010
I think that what happened to you is terrible. I am really sorry for you. I am sure who ever stole it used the money to buy drugs.There is an epimemic in this community and I am amazed at all of the people who either do not know what is happening or they choose to turn their back on what is happening and they tell themselves :well as long as it doesn't affect me, I dont want to be involved" Well I am sorry to tell everyone - the drug abuse in this community does directly affect you, wake up! You are very luck indeed if one of your own family members are not addicted themselves. 90% of the people in the County Jail are there because of a drug related crime and 85% of people in central Ohio prisons are there because of drug related crimes. If your family member is not addicted and no one in your family has never been robbed, are you a tax payer? Part of the money you work hard to make is going to pay for treatment for someone who is addicted. SO PEOPLE the drud problem does directly affect you!
What can be done? Right now there are many different groups that are working hard to stop drug addiction, do away with pain clinics, and help those addicted and their families. My SOLACE Group helps families who have had the ultimate affect of drugs. Our loved ones have died because of addiction. Every person in our community needs to wake up to what is happening around them and they need to take action and reclaim their community. Chuck, your letter gave me the perfect opportunity to speak my mind. God Bless you and I hope they catch the person who did this. It does not matter if a theft is your new car or your old air conditioner, it still is a personal invasion and no good person should have to put up with this.
You can find these action and support groups on Face Book - we aregoing to take our community back.
God Help us all

Marion, OH

#7 Aug 29, 2010
The guy above this post is 100% right
But you can't fight it when the cops are on it the local Judges and one big time attorney uses it to get women to do what he wants. How can you win? go along with them or go to jail like you said the ones in jail are the fall guys the others are working for the higher ups that want to keep it secret.
Unwashed 2 day

Havertown, PA

#8 Aug 29, 2010
The bastards got my copper pipes and had removed the fuses to the outdoor A/C unit but dint get it thank GOD.
Jessica

Marion, OH

#9 Aug 29, 2010
I was robbed this summer (just a few things, someone trying to make some money for a quick fix).
Last night someone tried to break in my grandma's house (we live out in the country, so it's not just a problem in Portsmouth & NB). Everyone around knows she doesn't have any money, so it was probably some drug head trying to break in thinking she had some drugs since she's old. I'd better never catch anyone doing it or they'll have to face the consequences (since the local authorities won't do anything).

“the one and only”

Since: Jun 10

p town

#10 Aug 30, 2010
im sorry for wat happened to u the same thing happened to me and my family and the police know whos doing it and as long as u have a no tresspassing sign up and own ur property u dnt have to fire a warning shot so a shot gun does sound good to me the dnt only take my condenser they took the whole damn thing all except for the frame they left that
roger

Edison, NJ

#11 Sep 3, 2010
I build a/c cages for outside units e-mail is [email protected]
BigFatDog

Marion, OH

#12 Sep 3, 2010
Martyr Machine wrote:
"Officer, that was my warning shot; they just happened to be in the way of it."
good one
levi

Marion, OH

#13 Sep 3, 2010
yea and you dont even know its gone until you try to trun on the thing. I work for S.O.S. and you would be surprized to find out how many folks are having a contact ( a speical one) put on there ac units so there alarm system starts blaring just as sone as they touch it. and if you soot them, make shur they are dead cause someone thets dead cant tesify against you.
petty

Flatwoods, KY

#14 Sep 3, 2010
I hope they get caught,If they die they die.

“the one and only”

Since: Jun 10

p town

#15 Sep 4, 2010
castle law i dnt even have to kill em they tresspased and tried to rob me
know it all

United States

#16 Sep 4, 2010
Chuck wrote:
Folks don't think this is funny until it happens to you ! sometime Friday early morning my outside AC condensing unit was stolen, it's not funny if you think so wait till it happens to you. The insurance pro rated the age of it and only paid 35% of what a new one cost. Now this is a shame I get ripp off the insurance company ripps me off and the AC guy now says the new unit will not hook up to my old unit in the furnace. I have to buy a new complete unit.
The home owner is the loser every time.
The bad part is Livingston's scrap yard keeps on taking them in and paying these thieves big money for the parts.
Where are you? Someone knows! Let's find out!
Austin Hager

Columbus, OH

#17 Apr 6, 2012
I am sorry you have lost your a/c but I can help protect your new one. My company has just made a wireless sensor that connects to your air conditioner and if the air conditioner is tampered with it sends a wireless signal to our base unit that alerts you. before you think I am just another sales guy.... My girlfriends apartment was broken into well we were asleep and I woke up to noise and confronted the two suspects. unlucky for me my German Shepard and gun were at my place. I gave and took some hits and managed to scare them off but I easily could have died. I decided that night I was going to use my engineering knolage and my ability to create new products to protect people from thefts. I got teamed up with the inventor of tattletale portable security systems and now protect thousands of families every day! We have two systems, our comershial unit can connect wirelessly to attachments over a half mile away and our brand new home unit that has the same wireless capabilitys in a more compact package. My email is [email protected] email me with any questions you have our website is www.Tattletale.com our a/c sensor is not on the site yet

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portsmouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for a good dentist 51 min Flygirl 6
No more violence! 1 hr nipinbud 1
Im in love with doug at homeless shelter 1 hr wonthe 8
Review: Auto Stylz (Sep '10) 1 hr 2jeffery 15
So Sad. What about those babies? 2 hr Wonderin 4
Micheal " Mikey" Newman 2 hr sue1234 2
Attorney Mike Moran (Jan '10) 3 hr Pip Rademaker 133

Portsmouth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance