Next Last
keri

Marion, OH

#29 Oct 21, 2012
There are good and bad at any hospital.
Possibly illiterate

Portsmouth, OH

#31 Oct 21, 2012
I need to get my eyes checked I coulda swore that this was a topic about the ICU not the ED or SOMC vs the city of Portsmouth. My father was in the ICU and they done an absolutly wonderful job. Everybody has different experiences but I have been to multiple ICUs and have yet to run into one that was much better than SOMC's.
Sad but true

Indianapolis, IN

#33 Apr 24, 2016
I heard nurse practitioners are running the ICU instead of actual doctors. If this is the case and you're sick enough to require ICU best get transferred elsewhere. A nurse may be able to keep you comfortable but isn't permitted nor has the know how to do life saving procedures such as central lines to save your life. The hospital is filling every spot they can with np's instead of doctors to save money.
Democrack

Toledo, OH

#34 Apr 24, 2016
Just sayin wrote:
I've had only good things to say about SOMC nnd especially the ICU. I recently had a family member there and for days it was touch and go but she survived because of the excellen doctors and nurses there. I also had another family member that passed after a week and half but it wasn't because of the care she received It was her time to go and had she lived she would have had to go to a nursing home and I feel God was good to us in both cases. If you have a complaint at least say what the problem was. Maybe if you feel this way the next time you need health care, then either go to Cincinnati or Columbus. Both cities has excellent zoos.
My mother was transferred out of ICU because she was doing so well and died within a few hours. She was 46.
??

Nicholasville, KY

#35 Apr 24, 2016
Sad but true wrote:
I heard nurse practitioners are running the ICU instead of actual doctors. If this is the case and you're sick enough to require ICU best get transferred elsewhere. A nurse may be able to keep you comfortable but isn't permitted nor has the know how to do life saving procedures such as central lines to save your life. The hospital is filling every spot they can with np's instead of doctors to save money.
Not true! There is always an ICU intensivist there!
Sad

Portsmouth, OH

#37 Apr 24, 2016
My mother got MRSA at Riverside and died. People think the place is so great, the staff and doctors can't even wash their hands.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portsmouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
need a room 2 min Perry T Mason jr 5
Black nightclubs or bars? 3 min Perry T Mason jr 11
anybody want a free headjob? 4 min Perry T Mason jr 100
Donation solicitors in the middle of the street 6 min Perry T Mason jr 75
Poll Charles Dickens was he GAY (Mar '10) 7 min Perry T Mason jr 19
Angie scarberry 9 min Perry T Mason jr 31
stupid (Sep '14) 10 min Perry T Mason jr 7

Portsmouth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance