Horner cost Steve Goins Sheriff win!!!

Horner cost Steve Goins Sheriff win!!!

Posted in the Portsmouth Forum

Voter

Fremont, CA

#2 Nov 7, 2012
Didn't you know it was planned that way ! Horner hated Goings so bad he knew he could mess the race up if Horner couldn't win neither would Goings so sad.
Mack

Logan, OH

#4 Nov 7, 2012
When I asked Horner about Goins splitting the vote Horner's statement was "Goins is a good friend of mine. I think he will drop out.
Steve

Portsmouth, OH

#6 Nov 7, 2012
To Sammie-you are an idiot! Karma, that's all I can say. When you make fun of someone it comes back to bite you. His son is a RECOVERING addict. Get it straight.

PS. To all the haters....Did you ever stop and think that maybe GOINS cost HORNER the race? People are sick of Donini so they wanted to vote for someone else. Anyone else.
omg

United States

#7 Nov 8, 2012
Goins did not cost Horner the race. If that were the case the numbers would have been reversed for them. People have tried telling how crooked Horner can be and this may have been his way of helping Donini. Watch and see if Horner doesn't become part of the payroll for the County under Donini. After all the former OSP Commander is.
Exeter

Apo, AE

#8 Nov 8, 2012
omg,

I think you are mistaken. There is no love lost between Donini and Horner. Hasn't been for a decade. Horner's next stop is to try and land a paying job with a SOLACE-like organization via the attorney general. Failing that he'll be looking for a job managing house-keeping for one of the hospitals. That was his job before he became a cop.
gary

Minford, OH

#9 Nov 8, 2012
Republican wrote:
Why did he run? He is a idiot!!! Goins would have won
i also think he cost goins the election?
i wish don rachford had won also?
Enough

Ashland, KY

#10 Nov 23, 2012
omg wrote:
Goins did not cost Horner the race. If that were the case the numbers would have been reversed for them. People have tried telling how crooked Horner can be and this may have been his way of helping Donini. Watch and see if Horner doesn't become part of the payroll for the County under Donini. After all the former OSP Commander is.
. Amen couldn't have said it any better
Auburn Ave

Cincinnati, OH

#11 Nov 29, 2012
Horner was trying to help Goins displace Donini in my opinion.Had not he got in the race,this would have been a landside win for Donini.They fell short because a lot of people simply don't like or respect Steve Goins.Hard to beleive only 44% of the people voted for the sheriff.Maybe a candidate from the outside would have served a better purpose in this election.
Executive

Dublin, OH

#12 Nov 29, 2012
Amen brother!
Harding Ave

Portsmouth, OH

#13 Nov 30, 2012
Auburn Ave wrote:
Horner was trying to help Goins displace Donini in my opinion.Had not he got in the race,this would have been a landside win for Donini.They fell short because a lot of people simply don't like or respect Steve Goins.Hard to beleive only 44% of the people voted for the sheriff.Maybe a candidate from the outside would have served a better purpose in this election.
You are a moran, you do not make common sense. I believe Donini got about 14,204 votes and Goins got around 12,904 and Horner ended up geting about 4700 votes. If people did not like or wanted Goins as Sheiff, they would have never voted for him, 12,904 citizens in this county wanted him as Sheriff. Fact is more people in this county really voted for someone else to be Sheriff if you add both of Goins and Horner votes up. People in this county are sick of all of the coruption that takes place inside the sheriff office.
gary

Portland, IN

#14 Nov 30, 2012
i doesn't really matter now? does it?
Auburn Ave

Cincinnati, OH

#15 Nov 30, 2012
Harding Ave wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a moran, you do not make common sense. I believe Donini got about 14,204 votes and Goins got around 12,904 and Horner ended up geting about 4700 votes. If people did not like or wanted Goins as Sheiff, they would have never voted for him, 12,904 citizens in this county wanted him as Sheriff. Fact is more people in this county really voted for someone else to be Sheriff if you add both of Goins and Horner votes up. People in this county are sick of all of the coruption that takes place inside the sheriff office.
I agee that people were ready for a change,and that's the main reason Goins got as many votes as he did.Goins had a 3rd party candidate helping him-a la Ross Perot in 1994 and he still could'nt win the election over the unpopular Sheriff.Had Goins had any kind positive personality he could have and should have pulled it off.I disagree with you,Goins's 12,904 votes weren't pro Goins votes,many of these votes were anti Donini votes.If the community had a impressive candiadate,the sherifff would have lost,in my opinion of course.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portsmouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking to hook up with some hung guys 18 min Courtney 10
janet johnson (Jul '13) 27 min private 94
Hi 55 min Courtney 21
Nikki Cook......I heard she got AIDS (Apr '10) 56 min Courtney 21
Who is she 1 hr Courtney 3
Scarberry 6 hr Baylie 1
vote yes for legalizing marijuana 6 hr know 24
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Portsmouth Mortgages