why don't people get married anymore

Posted in the Portsmouth Forum

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
bob

Malvern, PA

#1 Dec 5, 2010
seems like everyone just lives together and have kids that makes your kid bastards.use birth control till your meet someone that loves you enough to marry you.get alittle respect for yourself dont settle for not quit good enough.
jrs

United States

#2 Dec 5, 2010
No one gets married anymore because marriage is a big joke. There are no morals when it comes to marriage. Most people who get married just end in divorce. Both men and women cannot seem to stay faithful to their partners causing an expensive, messy divorce. So why go through all that when you can just shack up?
I don't agree with the bastard child thing. You should call any child that because its not their fault. As a matter of fact you are calling my son a bastard because he was born before my husband and I married and I don't take too kindly to that.
jrs

United States

#3 Dec 5, 2010
Shouldn't
Interesting

Marion, OH

#4 Dec 5, 2010
Have a little respect for yourself and not post something so ignorant on here. Who cares if people don't get married it is a choice that only they can make. And the kids at least know who their parents are. There is so much else going on in this place non married parents should be the last thing.
What

Marion, OH

#5 Dec 5, 2010
My boyfriend and I are not married, nor am I in a hurry to get married. We live together. I couldn't love him any more than I already do. Is a ring, a piece of paper, and a tax break going to change that at all? Oh I'm sorry, if we had a child and were married it wouldn't be a bastard child right? Have you ever thought of reasons why people don't get married? For one, I dont want to get married because I will be in school for a long while, and if we were married I would not get financial aid as I am now. But I guess I'll just stay an unmarried, dishonest woman.. Right?
jrs

United States

#6 Dec 5, 2010
My aunt used to tell me that you should always live with a person at least a year before you get married. That way you get a feel of how that person really is. My husband and I lived together for a year before we got married and we found out afterwards that we should have waited even longer before marriage.
yep

Marion, OH

#7 Dec 5, 2010
dont have kids either..they turn on you when they get grown..
just saying

Broken Arrow, OK

#8 Dec 5, 2010
The word bastard means a child who is born out of wedlock. That word does and should offend people because it is sad that the majority of kids born these days are technically bastards.

I think it is beyond disturbing that so many people are not ashamed to have kids without being married. There is no way to sugar coat it, you are trash.
jrs

United States

#9 Dec 5, 2010
Oh wow.. I guess I am trash then. Oh well life goes on.

I am just curious to know if its better to have a child in marriage that will most likely end in divorce or to have a child out of marriage and just be happy? Divorce of parents cause more damage on a child than being unwed parents do statistically.

I guess I shouldn't of went on to get a good education and a good job. Shouldn't habe got married and stayed that way for the past 13 years to the father of my bastard child. Then I shouldn't have went on to have 2 more kids with that same man. I should habe become a single wefare mom to meet your expectations of trash. Just saying.
jrs

United States

#10 Dec 5, 2010
Have not habe. My blackberry does its on thing sometimes. Oh wait! I am trash. I shouldn't have a nice cell phone or a nice car and house, that I own by the way. I owe no one any money except for my utility bills each month. I just the regular ole tattooed white trash. Guess I should give up everything and move into a camper trailer or move to some low income apartments. I should quit my job and drive my family into poverty. I also need to go get me some food stamps and listen to you cry about me living off the taxes that you pay.
jrs

United States

#11 Dec 5, 2010
Sorry for all the typos. I have auto complete and it gets away from me sometimes. Especially when I am texting fast. Guess I shouldn't be so trashy.
What

Marion, OH

#12 Dec 5, 2010
just saying wrote:
The word bastard means a child who is born out of wedlock. That word does and should offend people because it is sad that the majority of kids born these days are technically bastards.
I think it is beyond disturbing that so many people are not ashamed to have kids without being married. There is no way to sugar coat it, you are trash.
We know what it means dumbfuck. Are you aware that 1/2 marriages end in divorce? So its better to marry then just drag the child through a divorce. Noted
jrs

United States

#13 Dec 5, 2010
Sadly, I think more than half of all marriages end in nasty, expensive divorce and the children are mainly used as pawns between both parents in that divorce. Therefore damaging the child.

I wonder if these people calling us trash ever had sex before marriage. Wouldn't that make them trash that just lucked out and didn't have a baby?
jrs

United States

#14 Dec 5, 2010
Did I mention that my husband is the first and only man I have been with? I bet that's more than what you people calling us trash can say.
icu

Aston, PA

#15 Dec 5, 2010
you're beating your head against a wall, jrs...judgment from someone who knows you personally is one thing, but judgment when they have no clue who they're replying to is blowing hot air...just not worth the effort to defend....hope you have a wonderful holiday :)
Unit 1

United States

#16 Dec 5, 2010
What wrote:
My boyfriend and I are not married, nor am I in a hurry to get married. We live together. I couldn't love him any more than I already do. Is a ring, a piece of paper, and a tax break going to change that at all? Oh I'm sorry, if we had a child and were married it wouldn't be a bastard child right? Have you ever thought of reasons why people don't get married? For one, I dont want to get married because I will be in school for a long while, and if we were married I would not get financial aid as I am now. But I guess I'll just stay an unmarried, dishonest woman.. Right?
No more calls. We have a winner! It's all about finanial aid, welfare, food stamps, Wic, Medical card, and all the free goodies the taxpayers are milked for. I hope you are doing well..I'm paying for it!
jrs

United States

#17 Dec 5, 2010
ICU, you are very correct.

“Two stones with one bird”

Since: Oct 09

The Compound

#18 Dec 5, 2010
There is no reason to get married. Marriage is a joke and there is nothing permenant about it. It is nothing more than a legal pretext used to hold one person responsible for another's debt.

What does a person gain from a marriage that they couldn't also gain from a long term relationship?

Nothing.

Joke:

Half of all marriages end in divorce and the other half end in death. I don't want either of those things.
What

Marion, OH

#19 Dec 5, 2010
Unit 1 wrote:
<quoted text> No more calls. We have a winner! It's all about finanial aid, welfare, food stamps, Wic, Medical card, and all the free goodies the taxpayers are milked for. I hope you are doing well..I'm paying for it!
Actually you're not. I've never been on welfare before in my life. I'm 21 and I've had a job since I was 15. I go to school so I only work 20 hours a week at 8 an hour. I could probably get some sort of assistance if I wanted. But if we were to marry, I would get zero financial aid for school. He makes 20 an hour, but do you really think that's enough to be able to pay for all of our bills and my schooling on top of it? No. So, I'm going to put this nicely; fuck you.
What

Marion, OH

#20 Dec 5, 2010
And I also don't have any children.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portsmouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
live on facebook pitiful!! 29 min Justnuts 10
havoc from P.M.C. CHILD MOLEST club member 38 min Justnuts 9
Nikki on summit street 1 hr Uh Oh 7
stepping stones (May '11) 2 hr Inrecovery 82
People to repair my house 2 hr Perry T Mason jr 4
Does anyone know the website link for scioto co... (Nov '09) 4 hr D Means 6
Perry T Mason are you ready to face the fish ? 4 hr blank girl 28

Portsmouth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance