highland volunteer fire dept.

Posted in the Portland Forum

IN TOWN

Portland, TN

#1 Oct 17, 2010
That fire dept is a piece of Sh**. and if u want to know more just let me know and i will be glad to tell
all ears

United States

#2 Nov 5, 2010
Im listening what ya got?
Jennifer

Columbus, NC

#3 Dec 3, 2010
U know it is one thing for a city dept to get paid to save lives..but its another when all of these guys VOLUNTEER their time to save lives. If u live in the county these guys come out to u willingly..sure not bc they get paid. This is what they have set their dreams on and I know several of them that have went on to paid fire depts. And still volunteer their time at highland. They do their best at running this dept with barely any help from the state ot their own community. Before u go bashing a fire dept think about it being ur ass that was the one needing help maybe they (unpaid fire fighters) would just piss on u since they r so horrible!
hjhj

White House, TN

#4 Jan 5, 2011
guys highland trys to help people its just some dont give a shit and these women and men dedicate their time away from the people the love and you all treat them like shit well show them respect to them all because they dont have to do this...
we all know the truth

Portland, TN

#5 Jan 18, 2011
give these guys a break. they volunteer to save lives, more than most folks do
only tha truth

Salisbury, NC

#6 Feb 19, 2011
First of all, highland is not a piece of shit fire dept. all the guys and girls on that fire dept would do anything to help anyone, thts a fact. If any fire dept is shit tht would have to be portland city, cause they take there sweet time to do everything, when highlands radios go off, they're off there asses and strait to work, I've known plenty of the firefighters for them and they're all very good ppl.
Lol

Bethpage, TN

#7 Apr 8, 2011
It's kinda said to talk bad about the men and women who risk there lives for you if something happens. What if you did not have these wonderful men and women who have decided that they want to try and make a difference when needed. I know a few of the guys who volunteer there time and there wonderful. Some love doing what they do and they could careless about gettin paid to do it so back off em!
thinkfirst

United States

#8 Apr 10, 2011
Anyone who volunteers is a rare breed! PERIOD!!! If only everyone could conduct their lives this way. Instead...we have thieves, crooks, liars, people who ridicule, blame, and drain the life and pocketbook.
lgfd

Winnsboro, SC

#9 Oct 14, 2011
they let thieves on there department
Unknown

Gallatin, TN

#10 Jan 26, 2013
I wanna know more about them someone let me know thanks
ex firefighter

Brookfield, WI

#11 Jan 27, 2013
I was on highland and i quit because the high ranked officers where showing favoritism towards other fire fighters, even when they didnt show up on scene. Then i get shit on when i showed up. Highland sucks. They responded to that church fire on 52 near north russell and i watched them let it burn, i about went to jail that day because i cussed at them and told them they better be glad that it wasnt my house on fire. I wouldnt piss on highland if they was on fire. They suck, bob wilson is the biggest puss on that dept.
Portlanders

Taylors, SC

#12 Jan 29, 2013
The only church fire on 52 near north Russell I can think of is the Freewill Baptist that is being rebuilt. That fire was fought Portland Fire not Highland. So tell another lie.
Portlanders

Taylors, SC

#13 Jan 29, 2013
The one posting negative stuff about Highland Fire is possibly Bryan Givens. He's had comments deleted from various Facebooks sites because of his negative postings about Highland
anonymous

Nashville, TN

#14 Jan 29, 2013
Portlanders wrote:
The one posting negative stuff about Highland Fire is possibly Bryan Givens. He's had comments deleted from various Facebooks sites because of his negative postings about Highland
....speaking of thieves
ex firefighter

Candler, NC

#15 Jan 29, 2013
Highland was there at that fire. Get out more, and dont assume i am lying.
Portlanders

Portland, TN

#16 Jan 30, 2013
I was there too and no Highland truck was to be found. Every truck I saw said Portland on it. That church is in the city limits so why would highland be there and not Portland. And the reason it burn down was because the fire had a head start and when you have an open area like an auditorium, it is almost impossible to stop the fire. When the first engine got there from Portlamd Fire, the whole attic above the auditorium was evolved in flames.
haha

United States

#17 Feb 8, 2013
ex firefighter wrote:
Highland was there at that fire. Get out more, and dont assume i am lying.
. U are a ex firefighter for a reason. Maybe u need to get the facts straight before posting stuff that is untrue. Highland is a great department and family.
Cody Sprayberry

Franklin, KY

#18 Feb 11, 2013
Let me go ahead and introduce my self FF-EMT IV Sprayberry and let me go ahead and set the record straight first off only one member of highland was at that fire and he was only there because he lived just a few houses down saw the fire and went to make sure everybody was out. Second if this is Bryan Givens hes a felon, thief, and a lier all of these are reasons he is not on our dept. He dresses up and pretends to be a firefighter/EMT he is none of those things. He is however a piece of crap low life. Highland Engine 1 was standing by at Portland City's fire hall to run medical calls and fire suppression for the city all free of charge and at the cost of our time with our familys. anything more to say??
ex firefighter

Shelbyville, TN

#19 Feb 12, 2013
Yes i do. Tav was there at that fire and he didnt do nothing but talk to portland fire fighters. They were spraying water on the church roof that wasnt on fire. They could of saved much of that church but all of them were to busy talking. It took 15 minutes on scene to even charge a hose. Some fire fighters in this town. My house ever catches fire and i will run them off, even tav matthews. Cause they will just let it burn down, just like the church. Maybe my pics of them talking at the church fire and not doing nothing will get highland shut down. This town is better off without highland.
Cody sprayberry

Kings Mountain, NC

#20 Feb 13, 2013
Your own argument collapsed on your self? Say only tav Matthews was there and the rest was Portland but then you turn around and say highland should be shut down. How much of a retard are you? Firefighters have to talk on scenes how do you expect us to communicate with each other telepathy? Also when you shut down highland who.is gonna do the over 700 calls we do a year in our zone. so when someone calls 911you and.says they're house is on fire oh sorry your in what was highlands zone so.you will have to wait tell the next closet dept can get.there they can be about.ten miles away. Yeah your a moron. You wanna continue this conversation or.do you wanna just back out like youI would ifyou yoi actualy had toa go.in to a fire to save some one you RETARD WASH OUT

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
traci snow! 18 hr keepinitreal 1
Brad VanSlyke 18 hr keepinitreal 1
donna ellinger 21 hr DEandESbestfriends 2
Unipres Wages (Sep '13) 22 hr stuck4668 33
methcook at 400 e longview Dr. Portland tn. 22 hr thisoneistheone 7
Zach Jines Tue BobbyB1990 3
Factory by Unipress that makes roller chains or... Tue BobbyB1990 10
More from around the web

Portland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE