Motorcycle Accident
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Details

Pinola, MS

#1 Mar 21, 2010
This is so sad, So sorry for the families and friends that lost their teen loved ones!
godspeed

Hermitage, TN

#2 Mar 21, 2010
noah wilson 19,kelsie trauber 17 the teens on motorcycle.......shawn richards ....on his way to work was airlifted...he has two kids please pray for him
Curious

Glasgow, KY

#3 Mar 21, 2010
What happened exactly?

“In My Opinion”

Since: Mar 07

Portland

#4 Mar 21, 2010
This is so heartbreaking.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#5 Mar 22, 2010
I think the person who pulled out in front of these kids should be locked up for life.People just pull out cause they are in a hurry.Two family's are burring their children.My heart goes out to them as a mother and I am really angry at the driver of the car...
aajb

Bowling Green, KY

#6 Mar 22, 2010
how do u know that the person in the vehicle just didnt see the kids? Have u never been in one of those situations where u didnt see another vehicle coming. ALL the families need our prayer not our criticism. The driver of that car is already dealing with enough...he has a family too and how do u think he feels. U should think before u post stuff like that on here. God be with the families!!
Gary

Clarksville, TN

#7 Mar 22, 2010
I agree! I could see posting something like that if he was drunk but he is in very bad shape in the hospital and once he recovers from the injuries he will have the emotional scars for life. You should think before you let things just roll out of your mouth. You should also feel really bad right now but you probably don't. Unbelievable!
maggiemay1959

Portland, TN

#8 Mar 22, 2010
Yea I do feel bad for the driver ,He has children and I wouldn't want to see them live without a Dad...
Matthew

Gallatin, TN

#9 Mar 22, 2010
Okay, I've heard some of the most stupid things coming out of Portland about this tragic accident. I know Shawn personally and is my brother's best friend. He was on his way to work Saturday night and according to him, looked both ways and when he pull out from his apartment he saw a light and that's all he remembers. He was sent to the hospital but he only has bumps and bruises. A witness said the same as Shawn and never seen the motorcyle coming so it's unclear why the two hit head on. Shawn is really shaken up from this and my thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the teens on the bike as well as Shawn. Hope this sheds a little light on the subject.
Pastry13

Pulaski, TN

#10 Mar 23, 2010
well i know noah, he was a good friend to me and alot of people in portland. He always made people laugh, he was a good kid and was nice to everyone. White house, we lost someone too so yall calling and saying yall are going to kick our butt at the soccer game tonight "because we made u lose kelsie" is absolutely rediculous. our hearts are hurting just as bad. let me put this in perspective on how many people loved and adored noah: even if the funeral wasn't a joint funeral, the church building where it is being held (which is the biggest in portland) would still be overflowing. i have nothing against white house. i dont really care about our sports status or any other high school's at the moment. we all are suffering right now, especially the families of these 2. Instead of trying to start up a fight and take it out on a game, we should all be putting our efforts toward prayers and efforts to help each other, not talk about how White House is gonna get revenge on Portland for this. It's not Portland's fault, nor is it anyone elses.
Irritated

Nashville, TN

#11 Mar 23, 2010
Thank you Matthew for posting the truth on this. Shawn, the driver is like a part of my family, and to see people who know nothing about what happened sitting on these websites criticizing him, totally sickens me. There are always two sides to every story...learn the facts before you open your mouth. This truly was a horrific accident, nothing was done on purpose...he was simply going to work that night and those teens were simply going to town that night. Please stop spreading rumors about things you know nothing about...just pray for these families, both of those who lost their children this past weekend and for Shawn and his family...you have no idea what they are going through as well.
Pastry13

Pulaski, TN

#12 Mar 23, 2010
ur my favorite. thank u for posting this.
michelle

Brentwood, TN

#13 Mar 23, 2010
Maggiemay1959 wrote:
I think the person who pulled out in front of these kids should be locked up for life.People just pull out cause they are in a hurry.Two family's are burring their children.My heart goes out to them as a mother and I am really angry at the driver of the car...
I think it is sad at how judgemental that you are because someone made a tragic mistake that he has to live with the rest of his life and his name is shawn and he is a very good person as well and people do not need to speak w/out knowing the circumstances I feel for Noah and his girlfreind because they were very good people and so are his family
michelle

Brentwood, TN

#14 Mar 23, 2010
Maggiemay1959 wrote:
I think that you need to get the facts straight before posting such a mean and nasty comment about someone that you know nothing about. You have a problem to think that someone can't make a mistake and that was what it was, it may have been a tragic mistake, but would you like to live with the fact that something like this happen'd to you and this is for all of the families involved, all of these people were very good people I knew them all. It breaks my heart that people talk about people like this that they don't even know.. I will pray for you. Michelle, Portland, Tn
Tkw

Portland, TN

#15 Mar 23, 2010
Here are the facts. Please don't listen to what you hear "on the street". And please refrain from negative posts that may get back to the distraught families. That is not what they need.

SUMNER COUNTY
Two teenagers died over the weekend when the motorcycle they were riding slammed into a car in Portland.

The Saturday accident claimed the lives of Kelsie Dawn Trobaugh, 17, and Noah Isaac Wilson, 18, both of Portland.
The teenagers were riding eastbound on College Street on a motorcycle when they collided with a 2002 Chrysler going north on Fireside Drive. The driver of the car, Michael Richards, 28, also of Portland, suffered a broken nose and cuts.
The teenagers "were going about 40-45 mph, no faster than the speed limit," said Portland Lt. Dewel Scruggs. Richards "might have stopped, but he apparently didn't see them coming up.''
The motorcycle hit the front left corner of the car, flipped and broke the Chrysler's windshield before landing in a nearby field.
The investigation is ongoing.
Grant S

White House, TN

#16 Mar 23, 2010
An accident, just that. No one does it on purpose. All the families are grieving and I am praying for all of them.
GodBless

Gallatin, TN

#18 Mar 23, 2010
TKW, I truly appreciate what you have to say, but unfortunately, the newspaper and news stories are hardly ever 100% accurate either. There were several stories posted and every single one of them were different. Shawn did not suffer a broken nose and the fact that the officer who was not at the scene when it happened says "he may have stopped" shows there's speculation on their part too. Some of the other articles that were posted were blatantly incorrect. It is good to hear that the majority of the people here are being positive and supportive of all the families. Let's pray that something good can come from this horrible tragedy. May God ease the pain of the families and friends.
Matthew

Gallatin, TN

#19 Mar 23, 2010
I just want to say that the driver of the car was never on life support and he is home. When I talked with him he said he was released that night with a broken nose, cuts on his face from the glass and some bruises. He never stayed overnight at the hospital. He does have emotional scars from this tragic accident and can still smell the rubber of the tire that went through the windshield and hit him. I truely feel for him and the family and friends of the 2 teens who lost their lives.
You know me

Gallatin, TN

#20 Mar 24, 2010
i didn't really talk to Noah alot, and I had never met his girl friend Kelsie, but I do know that Noah was a sweet guy. I would see him alot of times in H. G. Hills and i would say hi. This is a very sad tragedy for his family and friends. As you all may know they are both being barried today, and at Portland High School we had a moment of silence today for the losses we have had over this past weekend. They will never be forgotten and will always be loved.. and to the families of Noah and Kelsie you're in my prayer. Thank you.
You know me

Gallatin, TN

#21 Mar 24, 2010
Maggiemay1959 wrote:
I think you should not talk about people like that. It's called an accident for a reason. The driver didn't see the motorcycle coming. Just b/c you hear things doesn't mean you jump to conclutions and say it's so and so fault. Leave it up to the people that know. You do have an opinion but you don't know the true facts of what really happen. Question for you. Were you there? Did you see it? I don't think so. Please do not talk about something you have no clue about ok. thank you have a great and wonderful day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thomas Dillard 8 hr The Truth 6
Terry Polston Wed Curious 19
Kimberly Carter Tue Mcc 1
Just ask Tue Wayne 7
The brothers are in town Oct 16 Sho C 2
Dude in all-terrain wheelchair Oct 16 Jojo 6
Danielle Vance (Nov '16) Oct 16 You2Nosey 19

Portland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance