Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Portland Forum

Comments (Page 1,937)

Showing posts 38,721 - 38,740 of140,513
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice spin, you are the Obama of truth telling, or maybe, the Bill Clinton of truth telling.
Then you should have no problem pointing out my latest lie, right?

Go ahead, knock yourself out.
Timbuk2

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

Yesterday in an appearance at the NAACP's annual convention, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder lashed out against voter ID requirements as a form of "poll tax" that threatens to disenfranchise black voters. Holder's DOJ is currently suing Texas for "discriminatory" voter ID laws.

Prior to Holder taking the stage, NAACP President Ben Jealous railed against voter ID.

With that kind of attitude, you’d think that there wouldn’t be any ID requirement to hear the speech, right? Silly boy.

“All media must present government-issued photo I.D.(such as a driver’s license) as well as valid media credentials. Members of the media must RSVP to receive press credentials at http://action.naacp.org/page/s/registration . For security purposes, media check-in and equipment set up must be completed by 7:45 a.m. CDT for an 8:00 a.m. CDT security sweep. Once the security sweep is completed, additional media equipment will NOT be permitted to enter and swept equipment will NOT be permitted to exit.”

Hilarious.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
"OA, don't bother. Vet, is on a roll.
He attacks grammar,and spelling, for lack of any rebuttal that makes sense."
You misused commas in both sentences. Since I received a nice fee for tutoring in college, you owe me twenty,(20) dollars.
No comma after the "twenty."

Would you like to use the "iPad excuse?"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted this yesterday, Tim, it's still hilarious. No one even attempted to spin it.
No need to, it's apples and oranges.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't make this stuff up. The racist AG, Holder, has been held in contempt of congress and may face civil court. Of course his own corrupt JD wouldn't prosecute him in Federal Court.
The GOP historically attacks Dems when they have control of the House. That's as far as it will go, however. Did the Senate impeach Clinton?'Nuff said.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's correct, there is a pause indicated and I used the coma correctly.
Um, no you didn't use the "coma" correctly.

http://data.grammarbook.com/blog/numbers/writ...
Unreal

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's correct, there is a pause indicated and I used the coma correctly.
Hee-Hee "coma". That is about where the rest of us are after reading your tirade of playing spelling police!
Timbuk2

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

Democratic National Committee chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz, on Sunday:

"Americans need to ask themselves, why does an American businessman need a Swiss bank account and secretive investments like that?"

Funny, I don’t remember her saying anything like that when rich-boy gigolo, and tax dodger, John Kerry was running – but I digress.

So where do you think the most beautiful woman, graced with a melodious voice, invests her stash? You guessed it, Swiss banks, foreign drug companies, and the state bank of India. T

According to disclosure forms in 2010, Wasserman Schultz invested between $1,001-$15,000 in a 401k retirement fund run by Davis Financial Fund. As the fund discloses, it is invested in the Julius Baer Group Ltd. and the State Bank of India GDR Ltd., as well as other financial, insurance, bank institutions.

What do you expect from someone who pushes Obamacare on you, but gets Congresscare herself.

Do as I say, not as I do.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
You owe me twenty,(20) dollars too for your misuse of the upper case. I probably should charge you forty,(40) dollars.
Wrong again...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_letter

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
That's pretty weak spin even for you OA. I would think that protecting the right to vote from corruption as in ACORN is far more important than some racist NAACP meeting. There probably weren't any members of the National Association of White People trying to get in.
Why do you hate black people so much?
Interested

Scottsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
"OA, don't bother. Vet, is on a roll.
He attacks grammar,and spelling, for lack of any rebuttal that makes sense."
You misused commas in both sentences. Since I received a nice fee for tutoring in college, you owe me twenty,(20) dollars.
No, actually I did not. The only mistake would be a typographical error. There should have been a space after the first comma in the second sentence.
With your record of spelling mistakes, as well as your grammar mistakes. I think you were over paid.

LMAO
voter

Humboldt, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, no you didn't use the "coma" correctly.
http://data.grammarbook.com/blog/numbers/writ...
who gives a big rats ass about the coma
Timbuk2

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

More democrat hypocrisy:

Pelosi has railed against Mitt Romney for eliminating jobs through outsourcing, but perhaps she’s really hoping he gets elected. Seems she’s invested in “outsourcing”. In fact, she made $1-5 million last year from “offshore” investments.

Did she send any to you?

According to Pelosi’s 2011 financial disclosure statement, the Democratic House Minority Leader received between $1 million and $5 million in partnership income from ”Matthews International Capital Management LLC,” a group that emphasizes that it has a “A Singular Focus on Investing in Asia.”

Designed in California, Made in Manila” sounds like an excellent title for a smear ad to be run the by the Barack Obama campaign. Instead, it appears to be Nancy Pelosi’s investment strategy.

Pelosi is also a small investor in the embattled “Moduslink Global,” one of the “outsourcing pioneers” that Mitt Romney has been criticized for associating with while at Bain Capital.

It’s not surprising that a wealthy politician would invest globally. This is interesting because of the attacks on Mitt Romney’s investments — because Obama purportedly believes in the virtues of “insourcing” and anti-globalization.

Obama sure can preach the economic nationalism, but it doesn’t appear his fellow leaders and surrogates are buying the message.

If they aren’t, why should other Americans?

http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/11/nancy-pelos...

Friggin hypocrites.
Interested

Scottsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
There's nothing there that says a comma can't be used for dramatic effect.
Ah, a double standard. It is fine when you use punctuation out of context. But a point to press with others.
I understand now. You are just a jerk.
You are still wrong.

LMAO

Mobile_Amused

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
"Languages have capitalization rules to determine whether upper case or lower case letters are to be used in a given context. In English, capital letters are used as the first letter of a sentence, a proper noun, or a proper adjective, and for initials or abbreviations. The first-person pronoun "I" and the interjection "O" are also capitalized. Lower-case letters are normally used for all other purposes. There are however situations where further capitalization may be used to give added emphasis, for example in headings and titles or to pick out certain words (often using small capitals). There are also a few pairs of words of different meanings whose only difference is capitalization of the first letter. Other languages vary in their use of capitals. For example, in German the first letter of all nouns is capitalized, while in Romance languages the names of days of the week, months of the year, and adjectives of nationality, religion and so on generally begin with a lower-case letter."
This is from the reference you posted and HA, HA, HA (sic) is not covered.
Read a little farther.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

Exasperated1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, no, you are not right. You said "ALL" of them included taxes, the cite I furnished clearly proves your mistaken assertion.
I find it incredible that you think its "fine and dandy" mr obama directly ignored a federal judge's order to allow people to go back to work in the gulf drilling for oil (and all the ancillary jobs associated with that), resume their lives, feed their children, pay the mortgage, and yet have the audacity to think that is a bad thing. Several of the "job bills" I furnished was simply an effort by pubs for people to have jobs, that is why they are CALLED job bills....which the democratic senate has refused to even debate. Actions DO speak louder than words.
If this Nation's Leaders did what you, & people like you, wanted them to do, the Terrorists wouldn't have to try & attack us in any way. All they would have to do is sit back, be patient, & wait for us to destroy ourselves...because that is the not-so-long-term consequences of what you advocate.
You're a typical Tea Bagger who can't see the consequences, even one day ahead, of what you want NOW!
really

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you hate black people so much?
why do you live? im sure mommas boy getting out of her basement would make her happy. but i know being a "pussy" and hiding is what you do. never will you be a man or get a job. welfare and food stamps and soup kitchen is the only joy you know.oh wait,i forgot you like getting arrested so bubba can get his. damn i forgot what you contribute to society. keeping the inmates happy,i will add that to your resume for high times magazine.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

You know, I had another "Warning" from Topix today when I got on Topix, about "obeying their Terms Of Service". I have no idea why. But, Topix will allow crap like the Above with no objection, but send me a Warning about following their TOS!

Somebody needs to contact the Corporate Headquarters & ask them to explain that...or just stop using Topix until they can get some sensible Moderators or their Act together, whichever is the problem...maybe Both!

As soon as I get some time for taking care of my unimportant "To Do" List, I think I'll just do that!
really

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
You know, I had another "Warning" from Topix today when I got on Topix, about "obeying their Terms Of Service". I have no idea why. But, Topix will allow crap like the Above with no objection, but send me a Warning about following their TOS!
Somebody needs to contact the Corporate Headquarters & ask them to explain that...or just stop using Topix until they can get some sensible Moderators or their Act together, whichever is the problem...maybe Both!
As soon as I get some time for taking care of my unimportant "To Do" List, I think I'll just do that!
yes sassy,you are unimportant to everyone. your idle threats means nothing,just like your life

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

Well Folks, the Republican-Majority U.S. House of Representatives has "kicked you to the Curb" once again!
I hope you vote in Nov. & when you do, I hope you think about this & more of the Same to come, if you help vote the Wrong Ones into Office!
----------
"House Passes Health Care Repeal, AGAIN."

Click here:
http://www.newschannel5.com/story/19002871/ho...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 38,721 - 38,740 of140,513
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Portland Forum right now

Search the Portland Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Kyowa Plant Closed 3 hr Wait-What 3
Kyowa plant to close 5 hr Wait-What 7
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 8 hr WTH 8,896
summer saywer 21 hr boss hogg 5
Mayor Election 21 hr boss hogg 6
I remember (Jun '10) Mon yankee 12
robert vogen Sat curious 1
•••
•••