Arrests made after brawl at drinkin.....

Arrests made after brawl at drinkin.....

There are 131 comments on the The Post-Journal, Jamestown New York story from Aug 6, 2009, titled Arrests made after brawl at drinkin...... In it, The Post-Journal, Jamestown New York reports that:

An investigation into a fight at a large underage drinking party that took place on July 16 on Wenborn Road in Portland has led to the arrests of three Dunkirk residents.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Post-Journal, Jamestown New York.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
MomKnowsBest

Sheridan, NY

#1 Aug 6, 2009
Let's see if anything happens past the charges, usually doesnt that's why these troubled kids are now troubled men. Never had to take responsibility when they were young. You reap what you sow.
nini

United States

#2 Aug 6, 2009
i dont think anything will happend never dose i know a man that beat up his gf an the cops came he got to stay there the cops found weed an put it in there pockets an made the girl an her baby leave her house now hes makein threats to her family an friends an hes with her old friend talk about a pig
TruthSeeker

Fredonia, NY

#3 Aug 6, 2009
Wow Nini that is some run-on sentence you wrote, even if I can't make heads or tails of it.
There Ya Go

Fredonia, NY

#4 Aug 6, 2009
nini wrote:
i dont think anything will happend never dose i know a man that beat up his gf an the cops came he got to stay there the cops found weed an put it in there pockets an made the girl an her baby leave her house now hes makein threats to her family an friends an hes with her old friend talk about a pig
WHAAAAAAAT !!!!!
SnowGal

United States

#5 Aug 7, 2009
I can't comment on two of the boys because I don't really know them, but the one I know has a really bad temper as now proved, and has for years in school and sports. He's been lucky so far and his parents always got him out of situations always blaming someone else for his actions. I hope this wakes them up that he needs help like anger management...this incident could have been far worse for him and the kid assulted...and maybe next time it could be fatal. I agree though...nothing probably will come from the charges...not because it usually doesn't, but usually because of "who" they are.
too bad for you Rex

AOL

#6 Aug 7, 2009
SnowGal wrote:
I can't comment on two of the boys because I don't really know them, but the one I know has a really bad temper as now proved, and has for years in school and sports. He's been lucky so far and his parents always got him out of situations always blaming someone else for his actions. I hope this wakes them up that he needs help like anger management...this incident could have been far worse for him and the kid assulted...and maybe next time it could be fatal. I agree though...nothing probably will come from the charges...not because it usually doesn't, but usually because of "who" they are.
Well, look at the parents, what do we really expect?
MomKnowsBest

North Tonawanda, NY

#7 Aug 7, 2009
Court ordered counseling would be a god send for all of these boys. Pray for them don't point fingers, everyone has been a situation where they thought they were doing the best thing at the time, I think Willie Wonka had it right, some of them are just bad eggs no matter what you do.
yea

Fredonia, NY

#8 Aug 7, 2009
well seems to me that these young ladies invited these boys from dunkirk and fredonia....what do you think they thought was going to happen...i think it was done intentionally...set up....
Get real

Fredonia, NY

#9 Aug 7, 2009
A person is ultimately responsible for their own actions. Being set up is no excuse. That's what is wrong with our society today. No one takes responsibility for their actions or lack thereof.
MomKnowsBest

North Tonawanda, NY

#10 Aug 7, 2009
All of them played some part, whoever set up the party, supplied the alcohol, etc. Bunch of dumb asses mixed with alcohol,= fight. Not surprised, but thankful everyone walked away, could've been pretty tragic. They need to take their lumps, first step is owning up to it and parents need to back off and let these ADULTS face the music. Let them spend a few weeks or months in jail, bet they don't want to go back!
Hadenough

Buffalo, NY

#11 Aug 7, 2009
Set up? There's an excuse waiting for a ridiculously out of touch parnet to use! A kid hit another kid in the head with a 2x4!!!!! How old do you have to be before one can assume responsibility for an act like that? Another one of the "lads" pulled a damned knife!!! Again, a crime in itself, and again, how old before one could reasonably be expected to know that!? If trhe one boy's parents are who I think they are, they're both drunks, and bad and ugly drunks. It might explain some of it.(if I have the wrong parents, I apologize ahead of time, but if one of them is a nurse, I don't!) All were drinking underage, and let's face it, alcohol fuels most crap like this. Nobody wants to admit it, but if you are looking for almost every person's REAL "entry drug", it's alcohol, not Marijuana. And if you want to know the most costly drug ever, it's alcohol.(excepting of course the extra expenses incurred by policing illegal drugs...just limiting to personal tolls and deaths, etc.)So, hopefully someone does some time, real time, like a black or hispanic kid would do for the same thing, and maybe someone woill think next time. I doubt it, as they'll be drunk too.
rex

AOL

#12 Aug 7, 2009
Hadenough wrote:
Set up? There's an excuse waiting for a ridiculously out of touch parnet to use! A kid hit another kid in the head with a 2x4!!!!! How old do you have to be before one can assume responsibility for an act like that? Another one of the "lads" pulled a damned knife!!! Again, a crime in itself, and again, how old before one could reasonably be expected to know that!? If trhe one boy's parents are who I think they are, they're both drunks, and bad and ugly drunks. It might explain some of it.(if I have the wrong parents, I apologize ahead of time, but if one of them is a nurse, I don't!) All were drinking underage, and let's face it, alcohol fuels most crap like this. Nobody wants to admit it, but if you are looking for almost every person's REAL "entry drug", it's alcohol, not Marijuana. And if you want to know the most costly drug ever, it's alcohol.(excepting of course the extra expenses incurred by policing illegal drugs...just limiting to personal tolls and deaths, etc.)So, hopefully someone does some time, real time, like a black or hispanic kid would do for the same thing, and maybe someone woill think next time. I doubt it, as they'll be drunk too.
I would say , you got the right parents! So how do you like the fact you paid for nursing school for her..Isn't life grand!!
JUSTICE

United States

#13 Aug 8, 2009
Send them to jail where they belong, let them learn how to be men and fight without weapons. Don't drop the soap.
Sally

Buffalo, NY

#14 Aug 9, 2009
I think they should have published all the names and not just those from Dunkirk, the other kids are just as much as fault as the ones who were arrested, Regardless of their past history they are not the only bad ones, but of course if they are from Dunkirk they have to trash them.
MomKnowsBest

North Tonawanda, NY

#15 Aug 9, 2009
Good point Sally, but looks to me like they only charged the 3 from Dunkirk, looks like they started it, and it escalated from there. I don't believe anyone else was charged. I know all 3 men, (they are not boys) they all need help, have needed help for a long time. The only good thing that can come out of this is if they recognize that and turn the corner now. If they don't, this will be their lifes work, in and out of the judicial system. Not a happy future.
whatever

United States

#16 Aug 9, 2009
joey jagoda is nothing but a cry baby. i used to see him at baseball games, and he would get mad and do carzy stuff. his father always gets him out of trouble, but like his dad, he will be a drunk and a no one. Frank maybe be a good baseball coach, but other than that he is a failure, and so will his crappy attitude, cry baby son joe
Bacowzoo

Buffalo, NY

#17 Aug 9, 2009
Ah yes, the comments get more intelligent and insightful by the minute!! I can hardly wait to hear about the color of their underwear, or whether they even wear them, and other important "facts".
MomKnowsBest

Buffalo, NY

#18 Aug 9, 2009
It is easy to look in someone elses window and pass judgment, it is not so easy to close the curtains and take a good look at your own dinner table. I cannot condemn the father for the sins of the son, I know the parents could have made better choices, I think anyone looking back could say that about any of us. I do think divorce takes its toll, and all of these kids come from homes that had alot of turmoil, but none of those families would condone violence or destruction of property, that is coming from sompeplace dark inside.....I think I will choose the higher path, and pray for all of them, especially you "whatever" from Fredonia, I pray you find compassion for your fellow man, and I wish you would consider the view from your own front door.
Doc

Livonia Center, NY

#19 Aug 9, 2009
whatever wrote:
joey jagoda is nothing but a cry baby. i used to see him at baseball games, and he would get mad and do carzy stuff. his father always gets him out of trouble, but like his dad, he will be a drunk and a no one. Frank maybe be a good baseball coach, but other than that he is a failure, and so will his crappy attitude, cry baby son joe
That's pretty brave of you, hiding behind an alias and personally attacking someone. As parents, we're all partially responsible for our kids' behavior, but what you've written here goes beyond that and tells me there's more to the story than just your biased opinion.
BryanDKNY

Buffalo, NY

#20 Aug 9, 2009
Ya You already know Joe Jagoda isn't going to get into any trouble.Because of who his dad is.And NO BAIL come on people go to jail for stealing a Candy bar at wal mart but these guys hurt some kid bad and are just let go.That tell's you whats going to happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What do you miss about Dunkirk? (Apr '09) 36 min Vinny R 206
Need to get Steve O'Brien OUT of Dunkirk High 3 hr mileena 26
what were you doing when... (Dec '10) 3 hr mileena 48
News County IDA Cannot Afford Repeat Of MVP - SPlast... 12 hr Research 6
BCS School Board Fri Concerned Taxpayer 1
Jason and Sherry Genovese finally split? Fri High Roller 22
Bed bugs Fri Carl 1

Portland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance