Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#1 Apr 5, 2012
For all who LIKE Obama,outside of Obama Care and Bin Laden, give me FIVE things that Obama has done to make it better for all Americans during his term. What positive things has he done?

No put downs or bashing towards others. That means everyone in the peanut gallery tick your locks lol

If anyone is curious for an explanation, ask nicely.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#2 Apr 5, 2012
Here are five per your request (the list is larger but you only asked for five)
Note: They may not necessarily be the "top 5"

1) Eliminated Catch-22 in Pay Equality Laws: Signed Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act in 2009, giving women who are paid less than men for the same work the right to sue their employers after they find out about the discrimination, even if that discrimination happened years ago. Under previous law, as interpreted by the Supreme Court in Ledbetter v. Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co., the statute of limitations on such suits ran out 180 days after the alleged discrimination occurred, even if the victims never knew about it.

2) Passed Credit Card Reforms: Signed the Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility, and Disclosure Act (2009), which prohibits credit card companies from raising rates without advance notification, mandates a grace period on interest rate increases, and strictly limits overdraft and other fees.

3) Achieved New START Treaty: Signed with Russia (2010) and won ratification in Congress (2011) of treaty that limits each country to 1,550 strategic warheads (down from 2,200) and 700 launchers (down from more than 1,400), and reestablished and strengthened a monitoring and transparency program that had lapsed in 2009, through which each country can monitor the other.

4)Expanded Hate Crimes Protections: Signed Hate Crimes Prevention Act (2009), which expands existing hate crime protections to include crimes based on a victim’s sexual orientation, gender, or disability, in addition to race, color, religion, or national origin.

5) Passed Wall Street Reform: Signed the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (2010) to re-regulate the financial sector after its practices caused the Great Recession. The new law tightens capital requirements on large banks and other financial institutions, requires derivatives to be sold on clearinghouses and exchanges, mandates that large banks provide “living wills” to avoid chaotic bankruptcies, limits their ability to trade with customers’ money for their own profit, and creates the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (now headed by Richard Cordray) to crack down on abusive lending products and companies.

Location hidden

#3 Apr 5, 2012
Thank you

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#4 Apr 5, 2012
You are welcome Sarah.
bruce

Waverly, NY

#5 Apr 6, 2012
he is f'ing wonderful>>>tripled pur debt in less than 4 years too :)Oh wait thats Bush's fault. Escalating gas prices that he used to blame on Bush when he was in office and now he blames it on Congress. And of course Obama care that is bankrupting most states and thats why theyre fighting it in Supreme court.
Clifford 1969

Fredonia, NY

#6 Apr 7, 2012
Im Sarah wrote:
Thank you
Thought I would add my two cents to your love fest with Ebola.......here are five more of Obama's accomplishments..........ALL failures!....?..1. Obamacare 2. Stimulus spending. 3. Green jobs. 4. Home forclosurers.. 5. Deficit spending..........there's more but you only asked for five. ;)

Location hidden

#7 Apr 7, 2012
Clifford 1969 wrote:
<quoted text> Thought I would add my two cents to your love fest with Ebola.......here are five more of Obama's accomplishments..........ALL failures!....?..1. Obamacare 2. Stimulus spending. 3. Green jobs. 4. Home forclosurers.. 5. Deficit spending..........there's more but you only asked for five. ;)
LOVE FEST??? obviously you haven't been reading any threads in here lol

Thank you for answering. You can do five more ;)
Clifford 1969

Fredonia, NY

#8 Apr 7, 2012
Im Sarah wrote:
<quoted text>
LOVE FEST??? obviously you haven't been reading any threads in here lol
Thank you for answering. You can do five more ;)
"LOVE FEST???"..........sorry I thought you might have been an imposter trolling as the "real" "Im Sarah" lol.

Location hidden

#9 Apr 7, 2012
Clifford 1969 wrote:
<quoted text> "LOVE FEST???"..........sorry I thought you might have been an imposter trolling as the "real" "Im Sarah" lol.
Can't you tell the difference between a troll and me? I don't generally have bad hair days like a troll does heehee

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#10 Mar 14, 2014
barf !
hose 4

Fredonia, NY

#11 Mar 14, 2014
Im Sarah wrote:
For all who LIKE Obama,outside of Obama Care and Bin Laden, give me FIVE things that Obama has done to make it better for all Americans during his term. What positive things has he done?
No put downs or bashing towards others. That means everyone in the peanut gallery tick your locks lol
If anyone is curious for an explanation, ask nicely.
You asked a question. Ebola answered it.
republican

United States

#13 Mar 15, 2014
ebola wrote:
Here are five per your request (the list is larger but you only asked for five)
Note: They may not necessarily be the "top 5"
1) Eliminated Catch-22 in Pay Equality Laws: Signed Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act in 2009, giving women who are paid less than men for the same work the right to sue their employers after they find out about the discrimination, even if that discrimination happened years ago. Under previous law, as interpreted by the Supreme Court in Ledbetter v. Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co., the statute of limitations on such suits ran out 180 days after the alleged discrimination occurred, even if the victims never knew about it.
2) Passed Credit Card Reforms: Signed the Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility, and Disclosure Act (2009), which prohibits credit card companies from raising rates without advance notification, mandates a grace period on interest rate increases, and strictly limits overdraft and other fees.
3) Achieved New START Treaty: Signed with Russia (2010) and won ratification in Congress (2011) of treaty that limits each country to 1,550 strategic warheads (down from 2,200) and 700 launchers (down from more than 1,400), and reestablished and strengthened a monitoring and transparency program that had lapsed in 2009, through which each country can monitor the other.
4)Expanded Hate Crimes Protections: Signed Hate Crimes Prevention Act (2009), which expands existing hate crime protections to include crimes based on a victim’s sexual orientation, gender, or disability, in addition to race, color, religion, or national origin.
5) Passed Wall Street Reform: Signed the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (2010) to re-regulate the financial sector after its practices caused the Great Recession. The new law tightens capital requirements on large banks and other financial institutions, requires derivatives to be sold on clearinghouses and exchanges, mandates that large banks provide “living wills” to avoid chaotic bankruptcies, limits their ability to trade with customers’ money for their own profit, and creates the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (now headed by Richard Cordray) to crack down on abusive lending products and companies.
the question was for All americans not just women and Minorities. There's a reason women don't make the money men do is simply cause they are not as good of workers than us men, that's why there's mens leagues and womens leagues. If u think women can work as well as you than you have an inability cause I know no women can out do me at anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nick shelley 7 hr Winning 2
Ellis Renfroe 11 hr dindu 1
Did someone get hit by a car Tuesday near Portl... 17 hr Table tennis 2
Searching for Tom McCullough Jun 26 F Dapena 1
Rosas will split Lake Erie and lead Dunkirk res... (Nov '15) Jun 26 Falcon follower 27
Vote For Donald Trump Jun 25 Help 9
Any dogging spots in Chautauqua county? Jun 25 Winning 7

Portland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Portland Mortgages