First Prev
of 3
Next Last
III

Fredonia, NY

#1 Sep 25, 2013
WTF? Taxes are high enough. What a bunch of garbage. Remember Vision 2000? We are still reeling from that basket of rotten fish.Enrollment is down, rooms empty, taxes are getting prohibitive. If your going to spend, put into. iT, the sciences or college prep high end courses. My kids are long grown and did not suffer while using the old facilities.
soo

Fredonia, NY

#2 Sep 25, 2013
III wrote:
WTF? Taxes are high enough. What a bunch of garbage. Remember Vision 2000? We are still reeling from that basket of rotten fish.Enrollment is down, rooms empty, taxes are getting prohibitive. If your going to spend, put into. iT, the sciences or college prep high end courses. My kids are long grown and did not suffer while using the old facilities.
What an idiot you are, it appears that you cant read! The complex is funded by the State at about 80% the local share would be raised by the sports complex committee, which they already have 1/3 pledged without even trying, so there will be NO raise in taxes for this, actually it will be cheaper to maintain. Get your facts straight before you make an uninformed statement!
Black Horse

Dunkirk, NY

#3 Sep 25, 2013
And that 80%, where does it come from?
truth

Fredonia, NY

#4 Sep 25, 2013
The fields aren't safe as they stand now. They don't have flushing toilets either. This is needed and long overdue.

And I don't feel one bit badly about taking aid from downstate.

End of story.
III

Fredonia, NY

#5 Sep 25, 2013
soo wrote:
<quoted text>What an idiot you are, it appears that you cant read! The complex is funded by the State at about 80% the local share would be raised by the sports complex committee, which they already have 1/3 pledged without even trying, so there will be NO raise in taxes for this, actually it will be cheaper to maintain. Get your facts straight before you make an uninformed statement!
. I read very well,if you believe any of this as 100 percent true than you are going to be sadly mistaken. Do you really think all this cash is going to fall from the heavens like manna? Fredonia a poor playing field, boo hoo, people have to use Porto potties too freaking bad, players could be hurt, no shit, it's football. Do you remember how FCS screwed up the swimming pool in 2000 and with tax money from the state ( yours and mine) it was a true cluster. I almost hop I am wrong but I feel history will repeat itself.
soo

Fredonia, NY

#6 Sep 25, 2013
III wrote:
<quoted text>. I read very well,if you believe any of this as 100 percent true than you are going to be sadly mistaken. Do you really think all this cash is going to fall from the heavens like manna? Fredonia a poor playing field, boo hoo, people have to use Porto potties too freaking bad, players could be hurt, no shit, it's football. Do you remember how FCS screwed up the swimming pool in 2000 and with tax money from the state ( yours and mine) it was a true cluster. I almost hop I am wrong but I feel history will repeat itself.
Wow some already has fallen from heaven without anybody trying and its already 1/3 of the local share. Stick your head back in the sand!
soo

Fredonia, NY

#7 Sep 25, 2013
Black Horse wrote:
And that 80%, where does it come from?
Comes from NYS education Dept. If Fredonia does not use it, you can bet someone else will! Look at all the aid Dunkirk has gotten for building and grounds, where does that come from--same place. Someone will use that money, at least some will come back locally!
Hmm

Fredonia, NY

#8 Sep 26, 2013
Perhaps, the entire state should reform and look closer into how this aid is dispersed and used. You do realize this aid comes from our taxes too? Lets think outside of the box and perhaps share Dunkirk's football field.
Lol

Dunkirk, NY

#9 Sep 26, 2013
Hmm wrote:
Lets think outside of the box and perhaps share Dunkirk's football field.
no, get your own cheapskates..
Black Horse

Glendale, CA

#10 Sep 26, 2013
soo wrote:
<quoted text>Comes from NYS education Dept. If Fredonia does not use it, you can bet someone else will! Look at all the aid Dunkirk has gotten for building and grounds, where does that come from--same place. Someone will use that money, at least some will come back locally!
And where does the Education Department get it? The point isn't that "someone" will use it, the point is that it all contributes to the crushing tax burden NYS residents face. There's no such thing as a free lunch when it comes to funding schools.
soo

Fredonia, NY

#11 Sep 26, 2013
Black Horse wrote:
<quoted text>
And where does the Education Department get it? The point isn't that "someone" will use it, the point is that it all contributes to the crushing tax burden NYS residents face. There's no such thing as a free lunch when it comes to funding schools.
Yes someone will use it, would you rather it come back here or let down State use it all? regardless who uses it, that money will still be there every year for someone! You need to understand that point! If we dont use it, someone else will and after that another will. The State will not reduce any tax to let the building aid dry up, understand that and move on!
Black Horse

Glendale, CA

#12 Sep 26, 2013
soo wrote:
<quoted text>Yes someone will use it, would you rather it come back here or let down State use it all? regardless who uses it, that money will still be there every year for someone! You need to understand that point! If we dont use it, someone else will and after that another will. The State will not reduce any tax to let the building aid dry up, understand that and move on!
Actually, I'd rather it stayed in my pocket in the first place because I, as a member of a local community, know better than an Albany bureaucrat what's needed in my town.

Your attitude is exactly why this state has hemmoraged people for the last several decades. At some point, we need to say enough is enough and stop going to Albany with a cup in our hands. We buy them dinner and then beg them for the leftovers. It's unsustainable. Allowing things to remain as they are while hoping that we get eaten last, is not good policy.
soo

Fredonia, NY

#13 Sep 26, 2013
Black Horse wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I'd rather it stayed in my pocket in the first place because I, as a member of a local community, know better than an Albany bureaucrat what's needed in my town.
Your attitude is exactly why this state has hemmoraged people for the last several decades. At some point, we need to say enough is enough and stop going to Albany with a cup in our hands. We buy them dinner and then beg them for the leftovers. It's unsustainable. Allowing things to remain as they are while hoping that we get eaten last, is not good policy.
I would rather it stay in my pocket also, but I live in the real world, thats not going to happen, The State will not change their ways! That money will always be there, so better it comes back our way then to NYC and long Island!
FHS 94

Fredonia, NY

#14 Sep 26, 2013
I understand that the orange bowl needs some work. I think to do away with the football field, that any true FREDONIAN would have a issue with that. There has been generations of Fredonian's that have played on that field. It's part of our history. I don't disagree with a sport complex, but the orange bowl should stay where it is. Just think, almost a 100 years of playing Dunkirk on that field. In my opinion the orange bowl should stay where it's at, it's a Fredonia tradition.
ACU

Fredonia, NY

#15 Sep 27, 2013
Didn't the field get a makeover 15 yrs or so? Working toilets would be nice. Would midget league be allowed to use a new facility and at what price?
sad

Buffalo, NY

#16 Sep 27, 2013
Dunkirk don't want you chumps on our field. Best field in WNY.
John Gullo

Fredonia, NY

#17 Sep 27, 2013
All of the information on this proposal is available on the Fredonia Sports Complex Initiative page on Facebook. Please read this information before making a snap judgement. Thank you.
hahaha

Fredonia, NY

#18 Sep 27, 2013
sad wrote:
gag...puke...gag! The facilities there suck, maybe the field is ok, but everything else sucks, you don't really have a quality football program anyhow...haven't had one for years! There are many better fields in WNY!
FHS

Fredonia, NY

#19 Sep 27, 2013
sad wrote:
Maybe once you clean up all of the rice and beans!!!
ACU

Fredonia, NY

#20 Sep 28, 2013
How about the multi million dollar state of the art facility at the college? Rent time, pay insurance and have the best of both worlds. College and Village could both win. Ice time is rented at Steele, seems like a no brainer. With midget league, varsity, JV football and practices, the field will naturally get beaten up in the Orange bowl. At least worth looking into.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Married women for fun 2 hr Zeke Mom 16
showing boobs 5 hr Zeke the Pinhead 9
Stripper downtown 6 hr WantSome 18
Mellissa meadows 6 hr Enough 5
Who is that drug addict running Central Station? 6 hr Joker 15
Train Watcher Or Slut ? Damcott / Farnham 8 hr Walla walla 46
Nick Shelley 9 hr Ouch 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Portland Mortgages