HippieChick

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

I am new to the area and am unfamiliar with its recycling facilities. Yesterday was paper recycling pickup, apparently, and I missed the opportunity to get rid of about a truckload of mostly old newspapers that I am eager to get rid off. Is there somewhere in Dunkirk I can take the papers so I don't have to wait til next Monday for pick-up? Im trying to do some spring cleaning and it will be a relief to get several crates of paper out of the way.Thanks so much for any tips or suggestions.
HippieChick

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Whoops-- not a truckload, a TRUNK LOAD, of papers.
Hippie Guy

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

I believe there is a paper recycle bin in the parking lot of Fredonia Village Hall.
joe

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

recycling in the city of Dunkirk is Every other Monday. No sorting necessary. Can mix tin, paper, cardboard, glass and plastic. There wasn't a pick up yesterday, so next Monday is a pick up. The city has a collection site on Lucas Avenue open M-Sat 9-2:30. Bins are in the building. If you have just paper, you can drop off at the Northern Catholic School bin on Fourth street/Washington ave. Hope this helps. Happy Recycling....
HippieChick

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Thank you very much, HoppieGuy and Joe. My chance I checked the literacy volunteers of America on 2nd street website and they apparently have a green and yellow dumpster and urge the community to recycle with them, too. I appreciate your helpful advice! All the best.
idea

Jamestown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

roberts rd side of st hedwigs chruchs,roberts rd/e doughty st
Frank

Lockport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

there is also a drop off point at city hall. just leave items to the left of the front steps.
HippieChick

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Thanks again to all who offered advice. This morning I donated at the LVOA site on 2nd Street because it was a convenient location for me and my husband.

Unfortunately they do not accept cardboard, but do accept mailings, newspapers, magazines. Just wanted to let any others interested know they do not take cardboard.
Chong

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Hey man were can I drop off my rolling papers ?
HippieChick

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

My house?
Mary

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

HippieChick wrote:
Thank you very much, HoppieGuy and Joe. My chance I checked the literacy volunteers of America on 2nd street website and they apparently have a green and yellow dumpster and urge the community to recycle with them, too. I appreciate your helpful advice! All the best.
Thanks so much for dropping your papers in the recycling bin @ Literacy Volunteers of Chautauqua County, much appreciated!
Hack

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks so much for dropping your papers in the recycling bin @ Literacy Volunteers of Chautauqua County, much appreciated!
we really appreciate the ss number and bank account info in all the paperwork,might come in handy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Portland Discussions

Search the Portland Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
News on Monday about Lakeview Shock 2 hr Paul 29
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) 11 hr Gravity Pete 670
clarion hotel 12 hr marauder 4
White Trash? 15 hr Traveler 7
Review: Shults Resale Center (Nov '13) 17 hr Dutchess 9
Review: Gamerz Haven (Jun '09) 19 hr Tracie 139
5 to be arraigned on drug charges in Jamestown,... (Mar '13) 20 hr Taupix ha83rz 45
•••
•••
•••
Portland Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Portland Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••