Cleveland woman dies in crash on NY Thruway; 8 family members injur...

Authorities have released the name of the Ohio woman who died when the minivan she was riding in crashed on the Thruway in upstate New York, injuring eight of her relatives. Full Story
Sue In Barberton

Akron, OH

#3 Sep 7, 2010
I'm sorry for the loss of life. But I do hope all survivors make a quick, and complete recovery.
VeronicaTFSCoral Springs

Cleveland, OH

#4 Sep 7, 2010
My prayers are with you Hahn up in heaven and your family that is still with us today. You will be missed, you were a great soul here in life and you will be also in heaven.
VeronicaTFSCoral Springs

Cleveland, OH

#5 Sep 7, 2010
Some of us lost someone special. What kind of person would be so heartless to make such a judgment in this time of loss.
Joy

Brunswick, OH

#6 Sep 7, 2010
pistoff wrote:
WOW! An oriental causing a car accident! What a shock!
In the words of the Dice Man:
"YOU DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE A LICENSE TO DRIVE!!!!
"YOU CAN BLIND THEM WITH DENTAL FLOSS"
ROTFLMAO!!!!
They are human beings just like you. They have a family. Where is your compassion?
mileena

Orinda, CA

#7 Sep 7, 2010
9 people in a minivan with at most 7-8 seats/seatbelts?? That is illegal. I foresee manslaughter charges against the driver and maybe others.
asian friend

Columbia Station, OH

#8 Sep 7, 2010
Hey pistoff,

Get a life you big lose. If the asians knows who you are, then we'll see what you got to say then. Remember they are smart and will trace you down. In the mean time show some respect. I hope the good lord help the family in this time of needs.

God blees them.
Hannah

West Palm Beach, FL

#9 Sep 7, 2010
Instead of blaming or criticizing who's at fault in this situation, why won't we just show some some compassion and sympathy in this situation? I'm sure at least once in our lives, we've done something wrong or even broken the law when driving (i.e. speeding, running a red light, etc.) This is certainly a tragedy that no one wanted it to happen.

My deepest regards and condolescences to their family...
jillian

Broadview Heights, OH

#10 Sep 7, 2010
pistoff wrote:
WOW! An oriental causing a car accident! What a shock!
In the words of the Dice Man:
"YOU DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE A LICENSE TO DRIVE!!!!
"YOU CAN BLIND THEM WITH DENTAL FLOSS"
ROTFLMAO!!!!
Agreed!
Samaritans

Mentor, OH

#11 Sep 7, 2010
I and a fellow caravan of three cars were the first to come upon the accident amongst so many and IMPORTANT others. I dont have anything to say except that friends and the doctor and nurse that happened to be amongst the initial people that stopped are heroes. I read what 'Pistoff' wrote and I hope and never wish for them to see what we did yesterday afternoon. I pray and hope for the family, I will never forget this, my prayers are with them and we did all we could.
daisy

Cleveland, OH

#12 Sep 7, 2010
my heart go's out for this family.
deebiedude

Cleveland, OH

#13 Sep 8, 2010
Samaritans wrote:
I and a fellow caravan of three cars were the first to come upon the accident amongst so many and IMPORTANT others. I dont have anything to say except that friends and the doctor and nurse that happened to be amongst the initial people that stopped are heroes. I read what 'Pistoff' wrote and I hope and never wish for them to see what we did yesterday afternoon. I pray and hope for the family, I will never forget this, my prayers are with them and we did all we could.
samaritan...thank you for stopping to help them. i worked with hanh and she will be missed!!! and yes pistoff is an idiot. its people like that who probably cause accidents and drive away.
Kamasters

Atlanta, GA

#14 Sep 8, 2010
I wonder why some people feel the need to post hatred and racist, judgmental comments during such a terrible tragedy when they have no idea what they are talking about and no personal knowledge of the people involved. You need to look in the mirror and ask why you want to inflict more injury on a family that is devastated and grieving.
Your comments are directed at someone's child, mother/father and wife/husband. They have names and real lives. This isn't some video game or tv movie. I knew Hanh and some of her family. She was the sweetest and most gentle person I've ever met. She was a loving mother who doted on her children. She put herself through school while working a full-time job. They were American citizens who spoke english, worked hard to raise their family and loved each other. This was an accident pure and simple. I think the outcome is more than enough for her husband and children to bear and they don't need criticism or legal charges; they need love and support and some sympathy. That is what's wrong with this world today...people would rather judge and point fingers than show someone compassion and love.
I know I’m not perfect and have made bad choices at different points during my lifetime. I guess we all can’t be as perfect as some of you consider yourselves to be. I only hope that you don’t have to ever deal with such a terrible tragedy in your own lives before you can show some empathy for people who are hurting.
On another note, I would like to thank anyone who stopped to give aid to Hanh and her family. I can only imagine the scene and I appreciate any attempt you made to assist them. You are selfless and deserve recognition.
Above all, my deepest sympathies go to Hanh's family. They have lost a most precious wife and mother. She loved you all so much. I can’t imagine the grief and emotional pain you are suffering. I pray for your healing and for God’s grace and comfort to be upon you during this most difficult time.

Since: Sep 10

Atlanta, GA

#15 Sep 8, 2010
I wonder why some people feel the need to post hatred and racist, judgmental comments during such a terrible tragedy when they have no idea what they are talking about and no personal knowledge of the people involved. You need to look in the mirror and ask why you want to inflict more injury on a family that is devastated and grieving.
Your comments are directed at someone's child, mother/father and wife/husband. They have names and real lives. This isn't some video game or tv movie. I knew Hanh and some of her family. She was the sweetest and most gentle person I've ever met. She was a loving mother who doted on her children. She put herself through school while working a full-time job. They were American citizens who spoke english, worked hard to raise their family and loved each other. This was an accident pure and simple. I think the outcome is more than enough for her husband and children to bear and they don't need criticism or legal charges; they need love and support and some sympathy. That is what's wrong with this world today...people would rather judge and point fingers than show someone compassion and love.
I know I'm not perfect and have made bad choices at different points during my lifetime. I guess we all can't be as perfect as some of you consider yourselves to be. I only hope that you don't have to ever deal with such a terrible tragedy in your own lives before you can show some empathy for people who are hurting.
On another note, I would like to thank anyone who stopped to give aid to Hanh and her family. I can only imagine the scene and I appreciate any attempt you made to assist them. You are selfless and deserve recognition.
Above all, my deepest sympathies go to Hanh's family. They have lost a most precious wife and mother. She loved you all so much. I can't imagine the grief and emotional pain you are suffering. I pray for your healing and for God's grace and comfort to be upon you during this most difficult time.
cuongle

Cleveland, OH

#16 Sep 9, 2010
VeronicaTFSCoralSprings wrote:
Some of us lost someone special. What kind of person would be so heartless to make such a judgment in this time of loss.
thank you
cuongle

Cleveland, OH

#17 Sep 9, 2010
thank all the posts
pistoff

AOL

#18 Sep 9, 2010
cuongle wrote:
thank all the posts
You are most welcome.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
p&g foods 3 min Lowlife 9
could it be yolanda bindics or lori bova? (Sep '06) 5 hr Friend of Yolanda 326
Start-Up NY Moves Forward In County 6 hr Sooooo 5
Two part-timers will go full-time Jan. 4 6 hr under the under s... 14
The Observer prints an honest headline 12 hr the mare 2
Faithful Followers (Apr '14) 22 hr Henu 99
Fantauzzi Funeral Home (Apr '13) 22 hr Brian 49
Portland Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web