Fee increases on Council agenda

Fee increases on Council agenda

There are 23 comments on the Observer story from Nov 30, 2009, titled Fee increases on Council agenda. In it, Observer reports that:

As the year winds down the work doesn't for the Dunkirk Common Council. It will have seven pre-filed resolutions, and likely some walkins, to consider during its regular session Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Observer.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
fed up

Livonia Center, NY

#21 Dec 4, 2009
yikes wrote:
<quoted text>Its never too late. Eliminate it after 6 months. Why pay for recipients to breed with NO incentive to ever work. There are truly destitute who need this program, the elderly, the sick,the mentally challenged, the extremely young. This has become a right of passage for tooooooooooo many people and has to stop. We all know people who are milking the system. Time to end it.
The problem is that it's political suicide to lead reform against welfare, since many abusers of this system are registered voters. The pols choose to ignore the problem and keep their cushy (and highly paid) elected posts rather than do what's in the best interest of the taxpayers.
meh

Johnson City, NY

#22 Dec 4, 2009
fed up wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that it's political suicide to lead reform against welfare, since many abusers of this system are registered voters. The pols choose to ignore the problem and keep their cushy (and highly paid) elected posts rather than do what's in the best interest of the taxpayers.
The politician leading the crusade against welfare gets my vote! As I'm sure many other working slobs like myself would vote this way. We're just tired of it running rampant and getting abused.
On a side note-- I've known only a handful of people that actually have fallen on hard times and needed food stamps for a short while, few months maybe to get back on their feet. I'm all for this assistance. But there has to be a damn time limit on it, just can't renew it by having kids every couple years.
paper shredder

Jamestown, NY

#23 Dec 4, 2009
If you have ambition in life, you don't have to rely on 4th and Pine St.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mikey Poo, Where are you??? :?) 12 hr Zeke the Pinhead 7
Who is serves a better meal Jacks or When pigs ... 13 hr Hog heaven 3
Is Mark Haskins a snitch? Mon Southern boy 20
Who has the best fish fry in the Dunkirk- Fredo... (Jul '12) Mon bfb 11
Nick Shelley Mon Winning 27
Married women for fun Mon Zeke the Pinhead 22
Train Watcher Or Slut ? Damcott / Farnham Sun pretendingtobesom... 49
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Portland Mortgages