Was Maine CPS decietful when they had...

Was Maine CPS decietful when they had your parental rights terminated

Created by mtxforever on Mar 26, 2012

80 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes, I feel false allegations were used in my case

Yes, I feel purjury was commited at my TPR trial

Yes, I feel they were decietful throughout my case

Yes, I feel I was cooperative & it didnt matter

No, I was treated fairly & I got my kids back

No, they gave me plenty of help&I got my kids back

No, I messed up & deserved to lose my kids

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Maine CPS Reform”

Since: Feb 12

Scarborough, Maine

#1 Mar 27, 2012
Please take this poll so we can show that Maine child welfare needs reform! Thank you
john

Kittanning, PA

#2 May 7, 2012
CPS/DHHS deliberately deceived the Courts and the Police in the case of my friend Lori Handrahan. They should be punished severely as it has resulted in devastating consequences.
Willow

Hamilton, New Zealand

#3 May 7, 2012
CPS will take your child/children weather you know your rights or not. They will LIE is any which way they have to.
In the case of Lori Handrahan and Sunny Kelly these people should definitly be punished!!
Amazing

Pomfret Center, CT

#4 May 10, 2012
How come there isn't a choice in your silly survey that states "I have worked hard to be a good parent, and therefore, have never heard from CPS"?
oh , wait, I know, because all you want to do is bash the people that are looking out for your child, and you want money now because you treated your child poorly. Nice.

“Maine CPS Reform”

Since: Feb 12

Scarborough, Maine

#5 May 11, 2012
I dont know "Amazing" I guess bc most likely u will have a run in with CPS at some point in ur life if u even have kids. "Every child in ur home has a 1 in 25 chance of being the subject of a child abuse/neglect investigation THIS YEAR! On the other hand u have a 1 in 70 chance of getting a flat tire on the family car." ~AFRa (familyrights.us u should really check out this website & learn something true, with statistics). Also Google "CPS Fraud" or "Nancy Schaefer" (Former Georgia Senator, RIP) for good resources for u & all the parents that are skeptical.. P.S. Also for parents who give a damn about their kids & their RIGHTS AS PARENTS!

“Maine CPS Reform”

Since: Feb 12

Scarborough, Maine

#6 May 15, 2012
"A national study released today finds Maine to be more at risk of corruption than most other states. The State Integrity Investigation was carried out by three nonpartisan journalism and reporting groups to assess government accountability and transparency across the 50 states. Maine was awarded an "F," and PLACED 46th IN THE NATION!!! Tom Porter spoke to two Maine journalists who carried out the research for Maine. Hear more from the Maine Public Broadcast network MPBN" www.stateintegrity.org
Amazing

Scarborough, ME

#7 May 15, 2012
I will never have a run in with CPS because I would never put mupy children at risk. Ever. The only reason the authorities came to your house is because you did wrong by your child. Take responsibility and be glad that someone cared enough for your child to protect hiim.

“Maine CPS Reform”

Since: Feb 12

Scarborough, Maine

#8 May 16, 2012
U really shouldnt say never & you obviously didn't look at the statistics I gave you to read... That's okay, I know I love my son, I know I am a good parent and I know that what happened to me isn't right. U on the other hand have no clue who I am, the statistics of my case, or anything, so whats your point in being so rude and judgemental?
Really

Scarborough, ME

#9 May 16, 2012
mtxforever wrote:
U really shouldnt say never & you obviously didn't look at the statistics I gave you to read... That's okay, I know I love my son, I know I am a good parent and I know that what happened to me isn't right. U on the other hand have no clue who I am, the statistics of my case, or anything, so whats your point in being so rude and judgemental?
So, you did nothin wrong, you were a great parent, but somehow CPS found out about you and took your child for no reason. Really? Is that what you are preaching?
That does not happen. You were investigated because you did something wrong. Your lost your child because you did something wrong. Yet, you won't admit that, you blame everyone else, and you are an ingrate towards those that are acting to protect and care for your child.
Until you admit this is about YOU, and not about spending all your time creating a lawsuit, you will be wrong.
Step outside your own selfishness and do something to prove you deserve your child back, versus suing for money.
Amazing

Scarborough, ME

#10 May 16, 2012
mtxforever wrote:
U really shouldnt say never & you obviously didn't look at the statistics I gave you to read... That's okay, I know I love my son, I know I am a good parent and I know that what happened to me isn't right. U on the other hand have no clue who I am, the statistics of my case, or anything, so whats your point in being so rude and judgemental?
I did look at the statistics. CPS would never even know my name because I would not put my children in harm's way. Why can't you understand your role in this? Children should not have to go through what your child has gone through. YOU did this to your child. You can spend all your time blaming others, but that is not good for you or your child.
Canyon Pilot

Fairfield, ME

#11 May 17, 2012
My son and his girlfriend had a daughter when my son was very young. Same sad story, they broke up and she left with the baby.

She screwed up with drugs and mental illness and the DHHS (is that CPS?) put the child in a foster home without any paperwork and never contacted my son at all. The mother had filed a false report for domestic violence against my son in an attempt to block him from getting custody and had already admitted to filing the false report in court.

When I found all this out, dropped what I was doing, and went immediately to the foster home and demanded that the child be turned over to me right then, without any notice.

The police were called and because the DHHS had no paperwork on the placement of the child, no court order order, they had just dumped her there "temporarily" while they worked on "permanant placement" and since I was a blood relative, I had more rights than the foster parents and the police had no choice but to turn her over to me. I caught them unprepared.

I called DHHS when I got home with the child and told them that I'd taken the child and was keeping her with me. I told them that they should save the taxpayers some money and give up now beause I'd spend my last dime fighting them and then I'd sue them for failing to contact blood relatives before placing in a foster home.

Here it is 6 years later and my grandaughter still lives with my son and his new wife. The birth mother has since tried to regain custody several times and has been denied by the court every time.

The CPS in not invincible, but you have to play the game by thier rules. When they make a mistake, they'll do thier best to make it appear as they have not. That's the part you need to try to use to your advantage.

“Maine CPS Reform”

Since: Feb 12

Scarborough, Maine

#12 Jul 17, 2012
Canyon Pilot wrote:
My son and his girlfriend had a daughter when my son was very young. Same sad story, they broke up and she left with the baby.
She screwed up with drugs and mental illness and the DHHS (is that CPS?) put the child in a foster home without any paperwork and never contacted my son at all. The mother had filed a false report for domestic violence against my son in an attempt to block him from getting custody and had already admitted to filing the false report in court.
When I found all this out, dropped what I was doing, and went immediately to the foster home and demanded that the child be turned over to me right then, without any notice.
The police were called and because the DHHS had no paperwork on the placement of the child, no court order order, they had just dumped her there "temporarily" while they worked on "permanant placement" and since I was a blood relative, I had more rights than the foster parents and the police had no choice but to turn her over to me. I caught them unprepared.
I called DHHS when I got home with the child and told them that I'd taken the child and was keeping her with me. I told them that they should save the taxpayers some money and give up now beause I'd spend my last dime fighting them and then I'd sue them for failing to contact blood relatives before placing in a foster home.
Here it is 6 years later and my grandaughter still lives with my son and his new wife. The birth mother has since tried to regain custody several times and has been denied by the court every time.
The CPS in not invincible, but you have to play the game by thier rules. When they make a mistake, they'll do thier best to make it appear as they have not. That's the part you need to try to use to your advantage.
Thank u 4 ur story. U sound like ur a strong & wise person ;-) I agree w/ ur last statement as well :-)
Concerned Aunt

Gloversville, NY

#13 Sep 9, 2012
So...I have a niece who was just recently take after what seems to be a targeted case from the beginning. THE DAY AFTER she was born CPS shows up and says their have been a concern for the baby reported (believed to be the now maternal grandmother and aunt (who works for DHHS). Nothing had happened and they stepped right in. Started saying they need evaluations, testing and 24hr supervision. There was a temp foster awarded to a non family member while the new parents moved into the paternal grandparents house. The temp foster continued to see the baby. Well one weekend the baby came home with a mark. The parents didn't think much of it but over the next couple of days the mark darkened to a bruise. The baby was in the temp fosters care whent he bruise was noticiable and she called DHS, but then immediatly called the baby's mom and cried about ruining her life. The baby's mom immediatly made a doctors appl but DHHS made her go to Walk in. They cleared the baby but that wasn't good enough. They then sent the baby to Eastern Maine Medical Center for a CT scan, MRI, Xrays (not necessary for a four month old baby!!) and kept her overnite. The mother stayed with her child and the next day CPS said they were taking the baby cause they believed in was inflicted even though there were no reports that showed harm, beyond a bruise. And when I say bruise its a nickel sized bruise on the back right shoulder!!! NOT a HUGE bruise!! So they took the baby and foster it in two homes now (it's been 2wks) cause the first couldn't handle it. They didn't even consider family cause they claim they didn't know of any, but in first reports they had all the family members listed....I have filed for temp foster...but what else can we do???

“Maine CPS Reform”

Since: Feb 12

Scarborough, Maine

#14 Sep 19, 2012
Typical CPS behavior, sadly. Kinship should always be considered first! Unfortunately with CPS, their accusation is the evidence. DHHS/CPS IS OUT OF CONTROL & NEEDS AN OVERHAUL!!
Durable

Rockport, ME

#15 Jan 3, 2013
Maine cps is out of control there is no accountability. That are corrupt and using dangerous practices.
lovesmusic1979

Bridgton, ME

#16 Nov 4, 2014
My daughter was taken from me in march of 2014 all because my mother told my 10 year old who has a disability that if my daughter went to school and said that I was beating her then my daughter could live with my mother well that did not happen and now she is in a foster home I am trying to get her back I never had an issue until I moved away from my mom i dont know what to do anymore.
hksjmommy

United States

#17 Dec 13, 2014
I was involved with DHHS OUT OF PORTLAND MAINE HAD NY RIGHTS INVON TAKEN AFTER I HAD DONE ALL ASKED AND TOLD MY KIDS WOULD BE GOING HOME HAD MY FOURTH KIDS AND THE HANDED ME PRE DATE TPR GAL NEVER CAME TO MY HOME ONLY TIME CASE WORKER CAME WAS TO TAKE MY NEW BABY DUE TO SOMETHIN HER DAD DID IN HOME WHILE I WAS THERE BUT REMOVED HER 3 MONTHS LATER it came back on me and I had no clue until I was told by my aunt who told me she made the call against him case work stated it wouldn't effect me I was not there bit in term meet in told me I never should of left her bcuz he smoked weed after I told him not to in or near my home he did it the day I brought her home from hospital. My other kids pleaded to go home asked when what our new home looked like I was told by DHHS cos in Portland Jamie baker if I told n continued to tell my children on my home and what I was doing they would cut home visit ref visit call holiday visits case worker diagnose me in 2003 and again 2006 having bipolar though was Giving a letter from a psychologist in 2003 she got other to go to her theory of me and who and how I am she TOlD me all the time I needed an attitude change I told her I can care less if u like me I am doing what need to be dun fir my children I will never five up on our family our life we might have been through a tough times but I fix all they asked with 7months of my kids out of my care pregnant on bed rest and they denied my oldest no home visits visit once a month bcuz my son was tellin me thing the worker was trying to get him to say to hold over me in court with a judge next kin hinder reunifacation talk carp and lies to other foster parents of my oldest and other in SMART PROGRAM ON TANBURG TRAIL IN WINDHAM MAINE where Luara Ladin was to meet with me n my son once a week never did never picked up my calls or returned them then showed up where I was told that my case worker and her supervisor wanted me in the session so I went and Laura Ladin told me I need to tell my son he could let me go luv the Perkins it okay I will b okay I laughed my son said they make me lie mommy I know u don't like lies I'm sorry I wanted to explode on this lady n caseworker when reported to my state paid attorney Peter j cry he did nothing rights of my children and me are being committed.and not him nor the court or gal Pamela Trudo cared for truth case based in anonymous calls deceitful grandmother foster place ment that was to be temporary but stayed permanent placement was to still be there mother but not have the day job of doing so and keep seeing all for of my children if my.rights where taken by a judge not jury of my peers although I asked and to this day I see my 2boys my 2 girls I haven't seen in year's took my babies to Florida I wrote complaints on case worker ans.supervisor nothing gave them in writing to reinstate my rights now IM WORKIN ON A PRO-SE KAWSYIT AGAINST DHHS CPS AND AGANCIES INVOLVED IN THE DISTCRUTION OF MY LIFE MY FAMILY MY HEART AND SOUL. I promise all my children I would never give up and I won't stop until my GID CALLS ME TO REST WITH HIM
moniquemtx

Portland, ME

#18 Dec 26, 2014
Amazing wrote:
How come there isn't a choice in your silly survey that states "I have worked hard to be a good parent, and therefore, have never heard from CPS"?
oh , wait, I know, because all you want to do is bash the people that are looking out for your child, and you want money now because you treated your child poorly. Nice.
Google something... How about "Title IV funding Maine" OCFS/CPS earns 'Adoption Incentive Bonuses' and other bonuses when they meet a certain quota. And I am a good parent! Most people who deal with CPS are GOOD parents! Judgmental people, such as yourself are naive & rude for saying what you did.
Felice Eliscu

United States

#19 Jan 19, 2015
I'm sure CPS (Child Prostitution Services) operates by the same deceitful rules in every state! See AFRA americanfamilyrights.org for the truth. You can be the best parent on the world and it makes no difference to CPS. They lie.
timmy bimmy

West Enfield, ME

#20 Mar 31, 2015
Concerned Aunt wrote:
So...I have a niece who was just recently take after what seems to be a targeted case from the beginning. THE DAY AFTER she was born CPS shows up and says their have been a concern for the baby reported (believed to be the now maternal grandmother and aunt (who works for DHHS). Nothing had happened and they stepped right in. Started saying they need evaluations, testing and 24hr supervision. There was a temp foster awarded to a non family member while the new parents moved into the paternal grandparents house. The temp foster continued to see the baby. Well one weekend the baby came home with a mark. The parents didn't think much of it but over the next couple of days the mark darkened to a bruise. The baby was in the temp fosters care whent he bruise was noticiable and she called DHS, but then immediatly called the baby's mom and cried about ruining her life. The baby's mom immediatly made a doctors appl but DHHS made her go to Walk in. They cleared the baby but that wasn't good enough. They then sent the baby to Eastern Maine Medical Center for a CT scan, MRI, Xrays (not necessary for a four month old baby!!) and kept her overnite. The mother stayed with her child and the next day CPS said they were taking the baby cause they believed in was inflicted even though there were no reports that showed harm, beyond a bruise. And when I say bruise its a nickel sized bruise on the back right shoulder!!! NOT a HUGE bruise!! So they took the baby and foster it in two homes now (it's been 2wks) cause the first couldn't handle it. They didn't even consider family cause they claim they didn't know of any, but in first reports they had all the family members listed....I have filed for temp foster...but what else can we do???
Serious question, what is a "targeted case"? Are you saying they just randomly chose you and became set on the idea of taking your children? Sounds kinda far-fetched.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Widely-known priest and author will speak at Je... 12 hr scottjames 4
News Despite Its Controversial Republican Governor, ... Sep 21 YouDidntBuildThat 1
Bullying at Binghamton University (Apr '12) Sep 11 indict DOV ZAKHEIM 15
News Maine Governor Leaves Obscene Tirade on Lawmake... Aug '16 longtail 1
News Maine governor leaves obscene tirade on lawmake... Aug '16 Go Blue Forever 1
News Maine's Black Point Inn and Migis Lodge Named t... (Apr '08) Aug '16 migis lodge sewage 2
News A post-nomination challenge for Clinton: Rallyi... Aug '16 Inquisitor 10

Portland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Portland Mortgages