Why it Matters: Gay marriage

Why it Matters: Gay marriage

There are 47 comments on the WHIO story from Sep 25, 2012, titled Why it Matters: Gay marriage. In it, WHIO reports that:

In this Sept. 10, 2012, file photo, gay marriage supporters gather at a rally outside of City Hall in Portland, Maine, in support of an upcoming ballot question that seeks to legalize same-sex marriage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHIO.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Pittsfield, MA

#2 Sep 25, 2012
Male and female.
Boy and girl.
Homosex.
Destroy the world.

A vote for death.
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Sep 25, 2012
The first two posts represent, to me, the same spinelessness which makes America so despicable when that spinelessness is allowed. It's the opposite of nobility or bravery. It's also stunning that people are so very, very small: They presume that whatever "predominantly existed," in numerous contexts, is what must be "good." Sucks so badly for them that this notion is destroyed when we cast our minds back to, say, slavery. If only the antigay:

had

a

reason

for their hatred and animosity, but they don't. Their reasons --*N-O-N-E* of them -- hold up in court; judgments from courts which have sided (in scattered instances) with the antigay sound *like* them, and careful readings of those verdicts *show no final root cause* which *P-R-O-V-E-S* antigay contentions.

Only one thing is so damn disturbing, though, that it goes beyond everything else:

The antigay know *full well* every last thing I just said, but they lie anyway.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#4 Sep 25, 2012
The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
Male and female.
Boy and girl.
Homosex.
Destroy the world.
A vote for death.
Worst haiku ever.
Chad

Germany

#5 Sep 25, 2012
hi hi wrote:
The first two posts represent, to me, the same spinelessness which makes America so despicable when that spinelessness is allowed.
To me homosexuality is what makes America so despicable when it is allowed.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#7 Sep 25, 2012
-yernogood-_ wrote:
Why does anyone give a crap about marriage to begin with? Either way, marriage is for MAN and WOMAN. They're really the only ones that should be MOM and DAD too. Anything else just isn't normal.
And yet obviously YOU care enough to post your drivel.....

We agree you should just mind your own business and stop worrying about who gets married.

Tawas City, Michigan

#8 Sep 25, 2012
Trolls aside, the good news is marriage equality continues to lead in Maine, Washington, and even Maryland.

It all depends on voter turnout of the under 50 age group.
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Pittsfield, MA

#9 Sep 25, 2012
Voted down every time and goin down in Vacationland. Ol Barney sighs in Moody, Maine.
Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk

Tawas City, Michigan

#10 Sep 25, 2012
The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
Voted down every time and goin down in Vacationland. Ol Barney sighs in Moody, Maine.
Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk
We'll find out Nov 6th.

Obviously no one can predict the results ahead of time.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#11 Sep 25, 2012
-yernogood-_ wrote:
Why does anyone give a crap about marriage to begin with? Either way, marriage is for MAN and WOMAN. They're really the only ones that should be MOM and DAD too. Anything else just isn't normal.
That's your uninformed opinion. Everyone has their own definition of "normal", and it's always changing.

“NOW will ya give me”

Since: Sep 12

some fightin' room ? !

#12 Sep 25, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Trolls aside, the good news is marriage equality continues to lead in Maine, Washington, and even Maryland.
It all depends on voter turnout of the under 50 age group.
I remember in teh early 70's when talking about "gay rights" was laughable.

I remember in the early 80's when talking about "gay marriage" was laughable.

EQUAL RIGHTS FOR GAY PEOPLE ?! ROFL !

Now that we are in the 21st century, what's next ? EQUAL RIGHTS FOR BLACK PEOPLE ?!

ROFL !

“Unconvinced”

Seattle, WA

#16 Sep 25, 2012
-yernogood-_ wrote:
No, gays have their own definition of normal and yes, it IS always changing. Just like the rest of Miriam Webster. The gays have re-defined at least half of the words in the dictionary.
Everyone knows that!!!
"Everyone" is lying to you.

The people that I know, all recognize human freedom and dignity. They know that some people are simply gay, and that this is a poor and shallow standard to use to excuse dehumanizing someone. They recognize that we all have the same capacity for love, and the same desire for companionship. They see that we ALL succeed better in life when paired with a person with whom we share honesty, respect and communication. They see no reason for tearing down other people, simply for being attracted to their same gender.

The only thing that is changing, or being "redefined", is which people are ok to make targets of. Save that for criminals who harm you. Save it for people who actually WRONG you in some way. Don't waste any time vilifying people, JUST because they're different from you.
Sin City Step Child

Pittsfield, MA

#18 Sep 25, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll find out Nov 6th.
Obviously no one can predict the results ahead of time.
I can and do. Prophetic if you will, 58-42. And that is being generous and don't you worry Sheeple I'll mark it on my calander to remind you. Remember, the 42% are mostly under the influence of something while the other half like you are indigent voter frauds.
Shalom
Sin City Step Child

Pittsfield, MA

#19 Sep 25, 2012
-yernogood-_ wrote:
<quoted text>No, gays have their own definition of normal and yes, it IS always changing. Just like the rest of Miriam Webster. The gays have re-defined at least half of the words in the dictionary.
Everyone knows that!!!
The words I've posted only for them to scoff.

Natural Law
Unnatural
Abrogate
Moral
Degrading
Humiliating
Integrity
Defame
Sodomy
Normal
Commitment
Family structure

More to come.

“Unconvinced”

Seattle, WA

#20 Sep 25, 2012
-yernogood-_ wrote:
That was the cutest thing ever!
What are you, an animal? Do you have GOOD reasons for treating others like crap, or is JUST for the unfathomable crime of NOT being your clone?

Since: Jul 11

Los Angeles, CA

#21 Sep 25, 2012
I'd like someone who is anti-gay help me to understand how two men in love with each or two women in love with each other diminishes ANY opposite-sex marriage.

If the opposite-sex marriage falls apart because a same-sex couple got married, the real problems are the ones the opposite-sex couple are NOT looking at!

"Honey, we can't be married anymore. They're letting 2 women get married so our marrige doesn't mean anything anymore." How stupid!
Rosa Winkel

Surry Hills, Australia

#24 Sep 25, 2012
-yernogood-_ wrote:
<quoted text>Because people that CHOOSE an alternate lifestyle shouldn't be allowed to that's why. Maybe someone wants to marry a goat next!
U should be so lucky, old goat.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#26 Sep 25, 2012
fr yernogood:

>Who am I treating like crap?<

Anyone who doesn't march in your lockstep.

“Unconvinced”

Seattle, WA

#27 Sep 25, 2012
-yernogood-_ wrote:
Who am I treating like crap?
Gay people.
-yernogood-_ wrote:
Why are you f/gs so phqng dumb?

that's because you're SUB human

FREAKS!

3% of what's posted on Wikipedia is true. About the same as what comes out of a gay persons mouth.

It's very clever to mark your account here so that your posts can't be tracked (I would do the same if I posted such unsupportable hate), but you're not the only one who visits more than one thread.

Tawas City, Michigan

#28 Sep 25, 2012
-yernogood-_ wrote:
<quoted text>Well you're gay so nothing you think or say matters.
Everyone knows that!!!
So what I say doesn't matter so much that you can't resist responding to what I say?

Okay.

Tawas City, Michigan

#29 Sep 25, 2012
-yernogood-_ wrote:
<quoted text>Because people that CHOOSE an alternate lifestyle shouldn't be allowed to that's why. Maybe someone wants to marry a goat next!
That's the beauty of America; people are free to choose whatever lifestyle they want.

AND we can force bigots such as you pay for it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the magick castle (Aug '12) Mar 20 Longggg Memory 2
News Republicans in Maine, Utah want Trump to undo m... Mar 6 Frogface Kate 3
Poll Was Maine CPS decietful when they had your pare... (Mar '12) Mar 1 Iward1980 22
Bullying at Binghamton University (Apr '12) Feb '17 MOSAIC ios evil 17
News Man wins OK to wear goat horns in driver's lice... Feb '17 stalk this 19
Brooklyn ---> Portland Feb '17 stalk this 4
News Carnegie Clean Energy And GWave: Wave Power Get... Feb '17 zio-treason 1

Portland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Portland Mortgages