California Proposition 19: the Mariju...

California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legalization Initiative

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 7, 2010

19,879 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Mike

Westminster, CA

#10394 Apr 4, 2012
George D Horwitz wrote:
I long ago stopped using marijuana, so I am only commenting as a disinterested observer at this point,but there are I think two things worth considering.
1.) Pot's presently against the law, so anyone using it is breaking the law. So if millions of Americans are out breaking that law, might they not be easily led to breaking other laws? I do not favor having such a lax attitude for the law.
Many people think laws are stupid and they break them. Slippery slope.
2.) If we decriminalize marijuana, that might lead to less criminal activity. It might not, but it might.
For twelve years, alcohol was illegal in the United States, and this gave rise to a gangster class we now call The Mafia. It also lead to a more accepting attitude among previously law-abiding citizens toward criminal activities like drug dealing, hiring imigrants without papers, fraudulent lending, tax evasion, the whole enchilada. Many Americans engage in some form of criminal activity, and I am not convinced that changing the rules governing pot will change our attitude at this late date.
Significant opponents of pot law reform include the folks who make beer and liquor.
Gorge: Do you really think that marijuana is that harmless?? There has been no medical studies and we are puting it out there for all to use. It does cause mental proplems I have seen it first hand. By polar peolple can not handle it. I have seen poeple beat there heads on walls and want to kill they selfs. The T.H.C in the marijuana is so high today we really don't know what we are getting. As for your comment or the mafia. You have no idea what you are talking about. They have been and always will be here. So what if we make all drugs legal will that make your simple mind happy??

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#10397 Apr 5, 2012
Interesting topic, check out this article on high school athletes and drugs at http://www.sleeperprep.com to sum this up!
Belmont hill Mitt

Anderson, CA

#10399 Apr 5, 2012
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>Gorge: Do you really think that marijuana is that harmless?? There has been no medical studies and we are puting it out there for all to use. It does cause mental proplems I have seen it first hand. By polar peolple can not handle it. I have seen poeple beat there heads on walls and want to kill they selfs. The T.H.C in the marijuana is so high today we really don't know what we are getting. As for your comment or the mafia. You have no idea what you are talking about. They have been and always will be here. So what if we make all drugs legal will that make your simple mind happy??
how interesting....

ive been around literally thousand of people while they get high.

over the years.

many of them have been bi-polar, as that is a common condition.

my brothers woman has bi-polar and smokes...she doesnt bang her head against the wall. she is functional and has a job..

ive never seen marijuana make ANYONE "bang their heads against the wall"

it simple doesnt happen, and your spreading fox news like hysteria.

I knew a skitsophrenic who wasnt making anything better by smoking, but it was a condition that harder drugs brought out(lsd)

those who know they have THAT brain disorders, should be very careful about experiementing with psychedelics.

but evn lsd and mushrooms have been used in clinical situations(on patients with other mental disorders) in lighter doses to create a sense of openess that the patient has never experienced before....there have been some positive results.

I dont expect you to be that open minded, but other more open minded people read this thread as well.

if we make drugs legal and regulate them, the criminal element will dissapear.

dont you rememeber prohibition?

are any of those irish bootleging gangs around today??

your the one who seems to have a simple mind regarding a hugely complex issue...

there are literally no studies that show marijuana is "dangerous"

and I challenge you to find a study that sais that, that is legit.

because no one has ever died from smoking pot.

it simply isnt that strong of a drug compared to alcohol or harder drugs. but how could you know this? unless someone tells you.
Belmont hill Mitt

Anderson, CA

#10400 Apr 5, 2012
The Peruvian Hammer wrote:
Hey Mike, there have been a lot of studies done on cannabis dude;you are simply not lookin' in the right places, i.e.the U.S. Try lookin' in Europe. Also just because the Govt. doesn't want to give out the research here does not mean it's not gettin' done! they MOST CERTAINLY have been! They are waitin' to be able to regulate it for pure profit and if it helps people(which it can)they don't care about that...just f@#kin' money! For example, in the year 2016' the Govt. & Big Pharm Co. have plans on a product named "Sativex" drawn from the name "Sativa." I bet you dollars to doughnuts you didn't know that, huh?
See hear man, now my mom, uncle, grandma, etc. who have been "Refer Madnessified" will now be told by their regular doc' to take this pill for pain, eatin' disorders, seizures, blah, blah, blah! The lousy Govt. banks on uneducated people who have grown so complacent today and are simply sheep or drones that we show them a nice commercial or you are told what's good for you...well then, you get the pic' now? Come on, like GMO's, nitrates, sulfites (which, SURPRISE, are in WINE) are good for you, yet "FDA" approved?! Give me a break! Pause, think, educate yourself and use common sense please! I leave you with this people; why does Marin have THE #1 breast cancer rate in the world? My opinion and many others is the mass amounts of wine consumed here. Now most men I know prefer beer, whiskey or vodka...NOT WINE! No you don't get any cheese or violin with that wine either!!!
YOU HAVE BEEN HAMMERED!!!
wine causes cancer??

do you have any data regarding the french??

they would be the real test case.....oui??

but....I dont drink alcohol.

"sativex"

it will probabaly work as well as marinol.

there is nothing like the unadulterated source of medicine that the pharmaseutical world trys hard to emulate...

they just cant do it, because nature is far too complex.

say high to the inca's for me!!

ill bet they have some bad ass jungle bud down there, but also some nasty swag too.????

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#10401 Apr 5, 2012
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>Gorge: Do you really think that marijuana is that harmless?? There has been no medical studies and we are puting it out there for all to use. It does cause mental proplems I have seen it first hand. By polar peolple can not handle it. I have seen poeple beat there heads on walls and want to kill they selfs. The T.H.C in the marijuana is so high today we really don't know what we are getting. As for your comment or the mafia. You have no idea what you are talking about. They have been and always will be here. So what if we make all drugs legal will that make your simple mind happy??
Yes. All drug should be legal.
Legalize marijuana, salvia, and magic mushrooms because the danger file (when based on correct statistics) are just empty.
Legalize the real dangerous drugs, so that we can control them and avoid them being sold by criminals who target the kids in every street.

The drug problem exists only by and through prohibition, which is totally insane on many levels.

Drug addiction is an easy problem to solve, once legal, by many medical technics, some being very efficacious (like the use of Tabernanthe iboga, or Salvia divinorum). Since heroin is (unofficially) legal, to reduce the AIDS problem, the heroin consumption has almost disappear (in my country). Indeed, heroin, when legal, appears to be the best medication to stop heroin (when legal!).

The drug problem is a fake problem, and drug prohibition is only a technics by gangster to sell more drugs, to anyone, everywhere, without taxes, without price control, and without quality control. It is what makes drugs over-consumed and super-dangerous. It leads also to misinformation, as some posts illustrate well.
It leads to huge black market, and a part of the money gained is used to corrupt government to, notably, continue prohibition: the golden mine of the criminals.

"Prohibition... goes beyond the bound of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded" -Abraham Lincoln, U.S. President
land watcher

Moreno Valley, CA

#10403 Apr 5, 2012
please people, get real..
anon

Alamo, IN

#10404 Apr 7, 2012
marijuana is put here by god and needs no additives to work. the feds love the praise of men and not the praise of god so they fight against it in the name of something good to look good to men. hypocrisy has a way of coming back around. why do the feds support tobacco? money. why do the feds not enforce immigration laws? money. they make money off of tobacco that kills thousands of people
23e45rf6y

Moultrie, GA

#10405 Apr 7, 2012
oh no
topis

United States

#10406 Apr 7, 2012
ujujuj
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#10407 Apr 7, 2012
anon wrote:
marijuana is put here by god and needs no additives to work. the feds love the praise of men and not the praise of god so they fight against it in the name of something good to look good to men. hypocrisy has a way of coming back around. why do the feds support tobacco? money. why do the feds not enforce immigration laws? money. they make money off of tobacco that kills thousands of people
true, but a lot of things that grow put here by God can kill you. I think it should be legal. But it's much safer if not smoked. Smoking anything is not good for you.
Belmont hill Mitt

Anderson, CA

#10408 Apr 7, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>true, but a lot of things that grow put here by God can kill you. I think it should be legal. But it's much safer if not smoked. Smoking anything is not good for you.
yeah, but its really really fun.
youngblood

Deer Lodge, TN

#10409 Apr 8, 2012
I wish it was legal down here in kentucky, god made the seed... love to have a it down here at the cumberlandfalls, kentucky hey also,looking for the rainbow family to have a gathering , in the daniel boone national forest.. give me a shout [email protected]
MIDDLE OF THE ROAD

Monterey, CA

#10410 Apr 8, 2012
PROP 215 is a scam. im for truly sick people being allowed to possess and use marijuana, however the current system prop 215 is a drug dealers/ drug growers/potheads dream. you dont need a prescription, you just pay $120 at some office in a strip mall and get a "recommendation" from a physicians assistant and then youre in the clear.
they raided oaksterdam universitys leader, but where did they find him? in a luxury apartment. when it comes to politics, he supported prop 19 and spent over a million dollars on it. he is a millionaire and guess where that money came from? drug deals. its all for the hippies to get rich, nothing more.
Raydot

California City, CA

#10411 Apr 8, 2012
Did you know that by flying above the San Gabriel Mountains in Southern California and scattering marijuana seeds right now in the spring, this will help regrow the burned out areas and well, it's just a great idea and hikers seem to be one with nature when backpacking in the mountains. So remember right now is the time to scatter marijuana seeds if you fly. Help protect our forest by scattering marijuana seeds to replentish what the wild fires burn. You will be helping the Forestry Department in so many ways by doing this. Hey look at the brighter side, it helps put a dent in the mexican drug cartel operations in our national forests. This is very much legal and like I say the Forestry would be so happy. You can almost call scattering marijuana seeds in the forest volunteer work. Remember April Showers bring up highgrade marijuana plants. You can also scatter marijuana seeds anywhere in the city thats on a water timer, you know, the shrubs at the police station, post office, the county offices and just about anywhere. Even at the Mall or when you visit your local nursery. Never leave anywhere in the Spring without a bag of marijuana seeds. Help keep America Green, scatter marijuana seeds. Birds will help scatter the seeds and they are actually beneficial, being high in protein for man and animals.
SmartKid117

Moorpark, CA

#10412 Apr 8, 2012
Marijuana is ILLEGAL not only to the states but to the Federal Government. All too often people associate the "States and our Federal Government" as one in the same, they are not. While a state may "legalize" marijuana, if the federal government still keeps it as illegal, then it is illegal...and although state authorities may not prosecute, federal authorities still may...people forget this...if it does get approved, you can expect to see a California VS United States law suit, and it will most likely be held up in litigation/appeals for 50+ years preventing the law from being signed into efffect. Jus' saying.
its true

California City, CA

#10415 Apr 8, 2012
When Jesus was around, marijuana was very popular. They smoked it and used it for everything. Rope, clothing and food. Spiritually speaking, Have a happy Easter.
truth

United States

#10416 Apr 8, 2012
MIDDLE OF THE ROAD wrote:
PROP 215 is a scam. im for truly sick people being allowed to possess and use marijuana, however the current system prop 215 is a drug dealers/ drug growers/potheads dream. you dont need a prescription, you just pay $120 at some office in a strip mall and get a "recommendation" from a physicians assistant and then youre in the clear.
they raided oaksterdam universitys leader, but where did they find him? in a luxury apartment. when it comes to politics, he supported prop 19 and spent over a million dollars on it. he is a millionaire and guess where that money came from? drug deals. its all for the hippies to get rich, nothing more.
never thought of this, u really think so?
humor

United States

#10417 Apr 8, 2012
its true wrote:
When Jesus was around, marijuana was very popular. They smoked it and used it for everything. Rope, clothing and food. Spiritually speaking, Have a happy Easter.
Lmfao!!! Happy Easter to u too bud!
faith

United States

#10418 Apr 8, 2012
MIDDLE OF THE ROAD wrote:
Actually, I got my recommendation from an actual M.D. N I paid $50...but I guess it's different wherever ur at...I got it since being diagnosed with Helicobacter Pylori, n Chronic Ulcerative Colitis...n Chronic Migraines...I once got addicted to my pain medication, quit cold once I got my mmj card...best decision I've ever made in my life! But to everyone their own..n I saw u mentioned ur all for it for med purposes...thx.
CRIMINAL Cancer Paitent

Herndon, VA

#10420 Apr 8, 2012
__________ THERE ARE TO MANY POSTS TO REPLY ON SO I'LL JUST POST MY PERSONAL PEACE._________pills are not for every one. federaly they say we have choices. who does? the only choices we have to choose from is one pill or another!
& look at the LONG TERM side effects of such!

Personaly: im a criminal because i refuse to take percocet and a handfull of other correctional medicine for health problems caused by "legal" chemicals or drugs federaly approved, all in the name of choosing the right choices. the same choices federal law mandates.

I for one Know the Positive effects of marijuana for medical pourposes!
and I for One, Will fight till i die, to help my fellow american medical users To have a choice of treatment. I for one, know, "Pills Kill" and weed has saved me. just remember, whats right for you, dont always work for another.

Im a God fearing american, and my America has failed Me and God. my country makes me a criminal, and a sinner, to be a survivor!

the only thing i have to say to the federal bullies:
Lock Me Up use bricks and chains, no matter what, i'll still Fight For Change.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Porterville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How long do Humans live For ? Aug 18 Questionz 1
Pink Aug 17 Win and comment 1
Pink.........................1 Pink Aug 17 Win and comment 5
robert from tiptin (Jan '15) Aug 17 nspixlon 3
Life Aug 16 Fact 1
Lidia Gomez.........................No Power Aug 16 Better Bitchez 2
Lidia Gomez Aug 14 Fact 2

Porterville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance