Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,935

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#180336 Feb 19, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>You posted the crap, no find the real story. I would like to understand why the kids where taken away. If it what I think, you might want to look deeper.
More than 400 children, mostly girls in pioneer dresses, were swept into state custody from a polygamist sect in what authorities described Monday as the largest child-welfare operation in Texas history.
The dayslong raid on the sprawling compound built by now-jailed polygamist leader Warren Jeffs was sparked by a 16-year-old girl's call to authorities that she was being abused and that girls as young as 14 and 15 were being forced into marriages with much older men.
Dressed in home-sewn, ankle-length dresses with their hair pinned up in braids, some 133 women left the Yearning for Zion Ranch of their own volition along with the children.
http://www.google.com/url...
Here you go. Wikipedia, just your speed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YFZ_Ranch

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#180337 Feb 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is innocent children were permanently damaged. And no evidence of the alleged crimes was found. The accusations were false and the phone call was phony.
Happy children were removed from their loving biological parents and relegated to strangers. Often without even their siblings. NICE! eh Jizzy?
There are perfectly good laws against all the imagined crimes you associate with polygamy. Use them. Prosecute crimes to the full extent of the law NO MATTER WHAT TYPE OF MARRIAGE the criminals are in.
Barlow was sentenced to jail last year after pleading no contest to conspiracy to commit sexual conduct with a minor. He was ordered to register as a sex offender for three years while he is on probation.

The Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, headed by Jeffs after his father's death in 2002, broke away from the Mormon church after the latter disavowed polygamy more than a century ago.

Jeffs is jailed in Kingman, Ariz., where he awaits trial for four counts each of incest and sexual conduct with a minor stemming from two arranged marriages between teenage girls and their older male relatives.

In November, he was sentenced to two consecutive sentences of five years to life in prison in Utah for being an accomplice to the rape of a 14-year-old girl who wed her cousin in an arranged marriage in 2001

Falsely accused????
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#180338 Feb 19, 2013
National Review columnist John Derbyshire called the raid on the Zion ranch the "atrocity of the month", but said he had seen only one editorial critical of the removals.
MarchOdimes

Covina, CA

#180339 Feb 19, 2013
Never can tell but 3.5 % is a lot to me, so why are you still trying to stop them?

Modesto, Ca - blow it out your corn cobb pipe, just shut up.

Your both acting like crank-yankers.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#180340 Feb 19, 2013
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose_NoHo.
Exactly! Regular readers of this thread always agree with me when I say that the love I have for my Homosexual friends, the lesbians, and yes, even the Homosexual and non-Homosexual Africans is second to none. Even so, I do not approve of Homosexual cannibals using Homosexual Africans to make sandwiches.
Source: http://tinyurl.com/b6vnlvw
Ronald
Hello Ronald.

Always amused to read your posts!

I will get hate mail for saying hello to you. You are a severe violation of newspeak!

Say hello to your honey! Arf!

Frankie.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#180341 Feb 19, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Barlow was sentenced to jail last year after pleading no contest to conspiracy to commit sexual conduct with a minor. He was ordered to register as a sex offender for three years while he is on probation.
The Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, headed by Jeffs after his father's death in 2002, broke away from the Mormon church after the latter disavowed polygamy more than a century ago.
Jeffs is jailed in Kingman, Ariz., where he awaits trial for four counts each of incest and sexual conduct with a minor stemming from two arranged marriages between teenage girls and their older male relatives.
In November, he was sentenced to two consecutive sentences of five years to life in prison in Utah for being an accomplice to the rape of a 14-year-old girl who wed her cousin in an arranged marriage in 2001
Falsely accused????
Prosecute the criminal not the type marriage.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#180342 Feb 19, 2013
The "Sister Wives" stop by 'Ellen'

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#180343 Feb 19, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Barlow was sentenced to jail last year after pleading no contest to conspiracy to commit sexual conduct with a minor. He was ordered to register as a sex offender for three years while he is on probation.
The Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, headed by Jeffs after his father's death in 2002, broke away from the Mormon church after the latter disavowed polygamy more than a century ago.
Jeffs is jailed in Kingman, Ariz., where he awaits trial for four counts each of incest and sexual conduct with a minor stemming from two arranged marriages between teenage girls and their older male relatives.
In November, he was sentenced to two consecutive sentences of five years to life in prison in Utah for being an accomplice to the rape of a 14-year-old girl who wed her cousin in an arranged marriage in 2001
Falsely accused????
Yes. The alleged crimes against the parents of the other 459 were false. And the phone call also was. Jeffs is a scumbag. So was the homosexual Jeffry Dahmer. Should we outlaw SSM because of his crimes?

P.S. Are pioneer dresses against the law? Do they offend you?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#180345 Feb 19, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>I said news story jackass
Oprah! Just your speed dummy!

http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Inside-the-YFZ...

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#180346 Feb 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Prosecute the criminal not the type marriage.
Damn son you cant read.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#180347 Feb 19, 2013

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#180348 Feb 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. The alleged crimes against the parents of the other 459 were false. And the phone call also was. Jeffs is a scumbag. So was the homosexual Jeffry Dahmer. Should we outlaw SSM because of his crimes?
P.S. Are pioneer dresses against the law? Do they offend you?
Still having a hard time with this arent ya boy. I don't care, marry five of what ever sex you like. This is the last time I will tell you. After this you get dumb fluckered.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#180349 Feb 19, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Still having a hard time with this arent ya boy. I don't care, marry five of what ever sex you like. This is the last time I will tell you. After this you get dumb fluckered.
I didn't ask your permission and once again, I don't want to marry five wives. Get that into your thick head.

WTF is "dumb fluckered" icehole? Grow up.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#180350 Feb 19, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =7OEaRn3uHscXX
The negative judge-its are pouring in paisan!

What about a fine family like that generates such hate in these bigots? How is that family hurting them or their marriages?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#180351 Feb 19, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Damn son you cant read.
Yes I can dad. Quite well. Way better than you.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#180353 Feb 19, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
No the goal is to remove the conjugal, husband and wife, aspect from legal marriage.
But, stupid, there will still be husbands and wives.
Pietro Armando wrote:
Procreation is the natural, unless there are obstacles to the contrary, result of the male female sexual union. The male male, or female female does not produce anything that warrants a compelling state interest.
LOL.
No matter what you say, you don't have to be able to procreate in order to marry.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#180354 Feb 19, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Why all the hate?
Er....Because he is embarrassed to have you defending his side, when you are the biggest moron in here ?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#180355 Feb 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't ride anymore but I still like to look at 'em. Hell yeah, keep that classic forever.
I bought a CB 350 in Nagasaki in 1969 off the showroom floor for $505! Also a Kawasaki 500 2 stroke 3cyl "flexible flyer" a year later I forget what I paid for that. All gone now.
Nothing like a Mach I point and shoot motorcycle. I recall my first ride on a big two stroke street bike. IIRC it was a Suzuki 500. I think the model was called a Titan. I was more familiar with four strokes at the time. A friend just bought it and let me have a go. I took off up the street trying to get the feel for it and was thinking "what a pig slow POS bike" when I finally got it into the sweet spot. Had to turn around and go back to find my eyeballs.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#180356 Feb 19, 2013
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose_NoHo.
Exactly! Regular readers of this thread always agree with me when I say that the love I have for my Homosexual friends, the lesbians, and yes, even the Homosexual and non-Homosexual Africans is second to none. Even so, I do not approve of Homosexual cannibals using Homosexual Africans to make sandwiches.
Source: http://tinyurl.com/b6vnlvw
Ronald
Yet more proof that fundies are stupid racists.
The Roman's had the right idea, just too few lions.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#180357 Feb 19, 2013
Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>
Did they specifically study gay step parents??????????
This is the part where Chongo shouts: "Red Herring"...Divergent, tangential, non sequitur.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Porterville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 21 min patickthered 5,065
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 5 hr AZHIGHAZIAM 15,992
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 20 hr GOP bull 2,265
whats up with Sun pixleybitch 1
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Sep 9 whispering shades 7,952
tierras has the downest nortenos in tulare county (Mar '11) Sep 7 VISA NORTE 66
Who do you support for Fontana Unified School D... (Oct '10) Sep 5 James 51
•••
•••
Porterville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Porterville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Porterville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Porterville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Porterville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••