jack

United States

#1 Feb 4, 2013
what is the scoop? Herd a black boy made some threats to some white boys that he was gonna go home get a gun and shoot them. Herd the police just pushed it aside until the higher ups in the school made them act.(typical pville cops) They found a gun and lots of bullets at his house. Why so hush hush. Is this story a story whats is the deal?
Knowledge

Kennett, MO

#2 Feb 5, 2013
Nope it's true
wow

Clarkton, MO

#3 Feb 6, 2013
Why haven't we heard of this? I can't understand why it is being kept quiet then??? Who? What grades??? As a parent we need to know....
Knowledge

Kennett, MO

#4 Feb 6, 2013
It was handled, by the police and school! No need to get excited over this. There was NO gun at school only a kid upset, making mindless threats.
wow

United States

#5 Feb 6, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
It was handled, by the police and school! No need to get excited over this. There was NO gun at school only a kid upset, making mindless threats.
ANY time there is talk, then it shouldn't be considered "mindless" and ever more the reason to get excited. What does it take to get serious then????
r u fn kiddin me

Kennett, MO

#6 Feb 6, 2013
Ok Wth.. it doesn't matter the kid should be punished and everyone should be let known

“Trouble just showed up!!!! ME”

Since: Jan 13

Coast to Coast USA

#7 Feb 6, 2013
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
ANY time there is talk, then it shouldn't be considered "mindless" and ever more the reason to get excited. What does it take to get serious then????
Wanna be taken seriously? Get real with yourself then bring it here, put your name and pic. Then you fakeass pos will be taken serious.
local

United States

#8 Feb 7, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
No threat should ever be taken as mindless. It should be taken serious. Especially these days! We live in a different world now.

Fairfax, VA

#9 Feb 7, 2013
Who was the kid
wow

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Feb 19, 2013
you are correct there was no gun at school but he did have one at home with all the ammo just like he said he had at school. Cops are the ones who didn't take it seriously. The kid did get kicked out of school. But for it to be mindless is way off base. This is serious stuff!!! And it should be handled that way. People think since this is a small town that it wont happen well think again. IT CAN AND DOES!!
Knowledge

United States

#11 Feb 19, 2013
The boy who made the threat was on the basketball team and the incident occurred in the locker room after a game. The boy did make a violent threat and the mother of the kid that was threatened called the police. They did say they would let the school administration handle the incident. The boy was kicked off the basketball team, served 10 days out of school suspension and is now in PAC for the rest of the school year. The mother of the boy that was threatened said she did not want to take a chance that the boy would actually go home and get a gun and show up at their house with a gun. There have been rumblings from people saying she should not have called the police and made a big deal of the incident but isn't it a big deal? This boy clearly said he was going to blow the boys fu*(&^% head off. This type of statement cannot go unheeded these days. You have to take these statements seriously these days because you never know when if the threats will become reality.
Britches

Saint Charles, MO

#12 Feb 21, 2013
Any threat to harm somebody now falls under the law of "terroristic acts." So the threat should have been handled by the police. If the City PD did not want to handle it, they should have turned the case over the Highway Patrol. I guarantee the HP would not have told the school to handle it. The kid would be in custody so he could not carry out his threat. Now if the boy gets the chance, he just might go ahead and shoot the other boy. Then the liability would fall back on the school and the P'ville PD for not following protocol for a death threat. The kid had the gun, the ammunition, and the will to kill, or he would have never made the threat in the first place. If I were the threatened boy's mother, I would contact the highway patrol, tell them how the situation was handled, and see what they had to say about it. Death threats are not idle threats.
Knowledge wrote:
The boy who made the threat was on the basketball team and the incident occurred in the locker room after a game. The boy did make a violent threat and the mother of the kid that was threatened called the police. They did say they would let the school administration handle the incident. The boy was kicked off the basketball team, served 10 days out of school suspension and is now in PAC for the rest of the school year. The mother of the boy that was threatened said she did not want to take a chance that the boy would actually go home and get a gun and show up at their house with a gun. There have been rumblings from people saying she should not have called the police and made a big deal of the incident but isn't it a big deal? This boy clearly said he was going to blow the boys fu*(&^% head off. This type of statement cannot go unheeded these days. You have to take these statements seriously these days because you never know when if the threats will become reality.
wow

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Feb 21, 2013
so now we have a real problem. Usless cops, useless school administration and usless school board. WTF.. you better pray real hars nothing happens to my child because you fail to act. I will be rich as hell..

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Feb 22, 2013
wow wrote:
Why haven't we heard of this? I can't understand why it is being kept quiet then??? Who? What grades??? As a parent we need to know....
Your ar sooooooooooo right. As parents, we need to know about anything like this happening at school. Why are the PD and Superintendant keeping this hush? Who are they protecting. It appears to be the kid who made the threat. Somebody has some explainin' to do to the rest of the parents and students.
Anonymous

San Rafael, CA

#15 Feb 22, 2013
Britches wrote:
Any threat to harm somebody now falls under the law of "terroristic acts." So the threat should have been handled by the police. If the City PD did not want to handle it, they should have turned the case over the Highway Patrol. I guarantee the HP would not have told the school to handle it. The kid would be in custody so he could not carry out his threat. Now if the boy gets the chance, he just might go ahead and shoot the other boy. Then the liability would fall back on the school and the P'ville PD for not following protocol for a death threat. The kid had the gun, the ammunition, and the will to kill, or he would have never made the threat in the first place. If I were the threatened boy's mother, I would contact the highway patrol, tell them how the situation was handled, and see what they had to say about it. Death threats are not idle threats.
<quoted text>
Very well said, and excellent advice.
shocked

United States

#16 Feb 22, 2013
Y'all people need to grow up for real he might have a attitude problem but he is a good respectful kid does good in school and would do anything for anybody y'all need to stop judging books by there covers you stupid people

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portageville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
James Penrod (Jun '15) 8 hr Peeinbutt 8
Felons and Deer Hunting (Nov '09) Fri Daphne 192
Peggy Ponder Jul 22 Bahahaha 2
white life's matter too Jul 21 peeinbottle 6
Lee Wallace (Aug '13) Jul 21 healthnut 13
food Jul 21 healthnut 8
Piggott Mohawks Jul 20 Mohawk Victim 2

Portageville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance