First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bad business

Malden, MO

#1 Oct 29, 2008
If you are thinking about hiring Patton Plumbing in Portageville, you may want to think again. One of the people they hired to help them with plumbing stole some cell phones, money, and personal items from kids at school. They got their phones back, minus the sims cards.

One would expect the company that hired this person to make restitution for the sims card and for three weeks the kids were without their phones. A very small price to pay considering all the downloads, pictures, and phone numbers that are stored on the sims card. But not Pattons. They basically said it was not their responsibility and the kids should not have had their phones at school. Yes, I know kids are not supposed to have cell phones at school, but they had them turned off and put away.(Stealing is stealing, it doesn't matter what it was, it didn't belong to that person. Just think, they could have been doing work in someone's home and had items stolen. I guess they would still say it was not their responsibility.

The way I see it, they hired him, they were with him at the job site,(on their watch), they left him unattended, and items were stolen.

You decide if that is the kind of people you want to do business with, I for one would not!!
Trey Baxter

Dexter, MO

#2 Oct 29, 2008
James Patton has done excellent work for me for years. This story does not sound correct. I trust him explicitly with my property and my business.
Hey

Caruthersville, MO

#3 Oct 29, 2008
Trey Baxter wrote:
James Patton has done excellent work for me for years. This story does not sound correct. I trust him explicitly with my property and my business.
Where are you at now sweetie?
Trey Baxter

Dexter, MO

#4 Oct 29, 2008
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>Where are you at now sweetie?
I am working and living in Dexter. Who is this?
Hey

Caruthersville, MO

#5 Oct 29, 2008
Trey Baxter wrote:
<quoted text> I am working and living in Dexter. Who is this?
Don't want to put my name on here. When I see ya, I'll let you know. I run into you from time to time. Hope your doing well.
not james

Delphi, IN

#6 Oct 29, 2008
No james is the good one, its mark
heck no

Kennett, MO

#7 Oct 29, 2008
thats bad to no but i am glad you told me
mmm

United States

#8 Oct 29, 2008
James and Mark both have done great work for me. I have no problem with them. Maybe they need to check out the ones they hire to work for them. As for James and Mark, I have had no problem with either.

Malden, MO

#9 Oct 29, 2008
James does a good job, but I would not hire Mark again. He is bad about hiring shady people who will work cheap and he doesn't care if the job is done good or not. This is not the first time he has hired just anybody to do a job.

Malden, MO

#10 Oct 29, 2008
James Patton has done work form me ever since he got back into the business and left Noranda. He has full access to my home, shop and business. I have known James for many years. He does good work. He is honest. He will make things right if something goes bad. Mark doesn't always seem to care about the quality of work or workers he hires. Mr. J.D. always took care of our families plumbing needs. James and Mr. J.D. are A number 1 people. And I consider them my friends.
Earlier Post

Malden, MO

#11 Oct 29, 2008
I would like to apologize for the earlier post, Bad Business. This is the reason I do not like this site. People can get upset about something and post whatever they want. It appears to have been a breakdown in communication in the situation I mentioned. This matter has been taken care of, thanks to James Patton. So thank you for your help in making things right.

Malden, MO

#12 Oct 30, 2008
Earlier Post wrote:
I would like to apologize for the earlier post, Bad Business. This is the reason I do not like this site. People can get upset about something and post whatever they want. It appears to have been a breakdown in communication in the situation I mentioned. This matter has been taken care of, thanks to James Patton. So thank you for your help in making things right.
If you don't like this site, then why did you use it to slander a good persons name, reputation and put his business in jepordy? Mis communication my butt. You ran your mouth before you had the facts. You should be held responsible for your actions. How many people read you comment and did'nt come back to see that you were wrong? You have no way to track those numbers. Nor do you know how it will effect his family or their livelyhood.
wondering2

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Oct 30, 2008
not james wrote:
No james is the good one, its mark
Mark put my new hot water heater in and it hasn't worked right since and i can't get in touch with him at all. Everytime we need hot water it has to be kicked on only to last a few minutes. It is awful..
mmm

United States

#14 Oct 30, 2008
I bought a new hot water heater at lowes and James put it in. Works great! Thanks for all your help james.
Too Bad

Malden, MO

#15 Oct 30, 2008
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't like this site, then why did you use it to slander a good persons name, reputation and put his business in jepordy? Mis communication my butt. You ran your mouth before you had the facts. You should be held responsible for your actions. How many people read you comment and did'nt come back to see that you were wrong? You have no way to track those numbers. Nor do you know how it will effect his family or their livelyhood.
Well,well, you just had to go there. You could not let it end where it was....ok, the FACT is the post was NOT WRONG, bad information was given from someone within the company. They said they did NOT want or think they should have to take responsibility and THEY did NOT take responsibility! If someone wants to take a chance and hire Mark Patton Plumbing to do some work, so be it, but when things come up missing, just remember this, they don't take responsibility for lost or stolen items.
Bernie

United States

#16 Oct 30, 2008
Does your husband coach?
wondering2

Saint Louis, MO

#17 Oct 30, 2008
I would greatly appreciate if James would fix what mark messed up. I would have went to him if i had only known what mark wasn't capable to do.
Info

Caruthersville, MO

#18 Oct 30, 2008
James hired Mark to work for him when Mark moved back a month or so ago. I'm sure Mark would fix it if you let him know what happen. He'll make things right. Give him a break.
John Simpson

Saint Louis, MO

#19 Oct 31, 2008
Bad business wrote:
If you are thinking about hiring Patton Plumbing in Portageville, you may want to think again. One of the people they hired to help them with plumbing stole some cell phones, money, and personal items from kids at school. They got their phones back, minus the sims cards.
One would expect the company that hired this person to make restitution for the sims card and for three weeks the kids were without their phones. A very small price to pay considering all the downloads, pictures, and phone numbers that are stored on the sims card. But not Pattons. They basically said it was not their responsibility and the kids should not have had their phones at school. Yes, I know kids are not supposed to have cell phones at school, but they had them turned off and put away.(Stealing is stealing, it doesn't matter what it was, it didn't belong to that person. Just think, they could have been doing work in someone's home and had items stolen. I guess they would still say it was not their responsibility.
The way I see it, they hired him, they were with him at the job site,(on their watch), they left him unattended, and items were stolen.
You decide if that is the kind of people you want to do business with, I for one would not!!
James Patton is one of the most honest and trustworthy people I have ever known. This was an unfortunate incident but according to the law he is not responsible. Whomever stole the items is responsible. File criminal charges against the thief and you should be able to get restitution that way. James has access to my home 24 hours a day and I have never had a worry one about that. Why in the world did a student have a cell phone at school anyway? I am more interested in what type of punishment the students received for breaking the rules. I certainly have no concerns about the integrity of James Patton.

Malden, MO

#20 Oct 31, 2008
Too Bad wrote:
<quoted text>
Well,well, you just had to go there. You could not let it end where it was....ok, the FACT is the post was NOT WRONG, bad information was given from someone within the company. They said they did NOT want or think they should have to take responsibility and THEY did NOT take responsibility! If someone wants to take a chance and hire Mark Patton Plumbing to do some work, so be it, but when things come up missing, just remember this, they don't take responsibility for lost or stolen items.
No you should have stated which Patton you had the problem with. And you should know that Mark is not in buainess but now and just recently moved back and went to work for James. And if you have a problem with a company you don't go to the help for a solution you go to the owner. So you bet you sweet tail that I went there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portageville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lying parents 2 hr tsk tsk 3
Justice for Russell (BUCKLE) Gray (Jan '16) Aug 14 Friends 42
where are they now Aug 14 observer 3
jay winsor (Aug '15) Aug 13 Lol 11
Bottles up ladies!!!! Aug 13 Dumb 2
Do I end my life? (Oct '16) Aug 12 Teresa 9
amy thacker Aug 10 guest 1

Portageville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance