pissed off

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Im glad to see Mr. Berry is running for mayor. I would be way more happy if he wins that he gets in there and start taking names and start holding people accountable for the job the are supose to do. The city needs to stop over charging EVERYONE for the water bills. Its rediculous. My water meter has not been read in years. I have gone as far as writing my meter readings down everyday at the same time.jeeping a spread sheet. Ive put up cameras. Guess what. They guesstamate your water bill. Yet they hire someone to read meters but he dont. Mr. Berry if you win or Mr. McCrate if you win this needs to stop. I hired a lawyer 11 months ago that is why i have a spread sheet of daily water meter readings. I will win a law suit when it comes time to file suit. I have went around town speaking to resisdence. And the response is the same. Everyone is being ripped off. Thats fact!! People get charged for swimming pools and dont even have one. Mainly because a previous renter/owner had one. People including myself have complained many of times at city hall yet nothing is being done. I have a tip for you. Go to your water meter and cover it with some mud see if they come read it. They wont. Its sad it has to come to a law suit but what else do you do. When your complaints dont get results. Do the math if they over charge everyone 5 to 10 bucks a month we have how many homes, buisness's, apartments, ect in this town. Yeah the city probably making 7 grand month off of us by over charging water bills. 80 grand a year.. Total BS.
resident

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

i too had had some. ssue this year but both times i went to city hall and complained someone from the city came and got a meter reading that day. matter of fact they read my meter today some guy in that white flat bed truck. About and hour ago. Dont know if he read anyone elses but i know he did mine. The person I talked to was Michelle at city hall. Dont understand why you complained and they did not do another meter reading. I do beieve there is an issue with the.city reading meters but they are trying i think.
pissed off

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Imagine that.. Well they still aint come read mine. Check your meter and see if will match your next bill. I'd bet 100 bucks it aint even close.
really

Greenfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Are you sure it's your meter? There's several places that have their meter on different streets.
quest

Campbell, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

You know doest matter who wins neither will be able to do one thing, i for hope and pray that Denis wins he does know whats going on i think he will stand up to some of the department heads. You got my vote McCrate!!!!!
Suporter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Somebody needs to step up!! Things need fixed. Water metering I also know is one of them.
Voter

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Suporter wrote:
Somebody needs to step up!! Things need fixed. Water metering I also know is one of them.
The entire water, and sewer people need to be booted. The YES man that is head of it, does not know what he is doing. Just thinks he is a pretty boy.
Go Vince

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

quest wrote:
You know doest matter who wins neither will be able to do one thing, i for hope and pray that Denis wins he does know whats going on i think he will stand up to some of the department heads. You got my vote McCrate!!!!!
I hope Vince Berry gets it. He helped when we had the flood, when nobody else would. I just hope he stands up to the Department heads, and don't buddy up with them. The department heads are a bunch of losers when it comes to their job, such as the water department.
mayeham

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

well looks like there are some issues that need fixn. Vince, if you win do not end up like a chumplike the rest of the mayors. Listen to us in the public. Dont worry just because someone is pokr or someone is rich we all live in this town and you need to have a bias opinion. Even with the complaints. But if it walks like a duck talks like a duck its probably a duck. Keep an open mind. You got my vote.
portageville resident

Dexter, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

If you look on his face book page, Vince Berry for Mayor, he has a plan to deal with the water meters. Think vince would be a great mayor. He has been an alderman and is always there to help the city when they need help. He is also a working stiff like us and isn't afraid of speaking his mind.
portageville resident

Dexter, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

quest wrote:
Last time Vince was on the board, he fired the head of the street dept for bad customer service...he has a mind of his own
Voter

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

portageville resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Last time Vince was on the board, he fired the head of the street dept for bad customer service...he has a mind of his own
That is exactly what we need. Vince, I hope you don't let us down Buddy. Some of the other heads of departments need firing. Get new blood in this town, and lets get it moving forward, instead of backward, like it has done in the past 30 years. People just want to be mayor, because they think it is prestigious, but don't do a darn thing. Come on people, lets get Vince the MAN in.... and move forward.
I am in

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

portageville resident wrote:
<quoted text>
You know that guy that was head of the street department was overbearing, and thought he could do anybody the way he wanted to, but thank God, he was booted, and left town. Some of the ones on there now need to be booted, and kicked out of town. Lets don't get out hopes up though, because some of the big commissioners will work to keep him from being elected, to get their YES man in the seat of mayor.
rabbit man

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Th commisioners better watch out too. Don Day your job is not safe. There will be someone in place to take your job and get things moving forward in this town and in this county. Enough is enough!!! Vince for Mayor!!!
Native

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Oh yes Vince does have a plan to combat certin things, departments, and issues with in the city like the water bills. He can not do it alone he will need our support. And he will have my vote and support along with many many many others. He was a great alderman and will make a great Mayor if elected.
Market Place

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Lets get some new Alderman in there too who will have the same vision as Mr. Berry. Togather they will combat problems and make changes to the city for the better of us residents and for the grown of Portageville.
hey

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Thats is a great idea. It is time the younger generation took over and made this town something. We need growth.

Dexter, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

When is the election?
RU KIDDIN

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

R U SERIOUS? A barfly for mayor ---- YEEE HAWWWW
one who knows

Chanute, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

R U, you are going to have to be a little more specific. I have seen them both at Billy's and Klipels. But if you are speaking about Vince, I have seen him in other places. I have seen him volunteer as Koury League commish last year. I have seen him devote his time to write grants for the city free of charge. I have seen him sand bagging houses and levees during the flood. I have seen him and the rest of the CERT folks volunteer after tornadoes, floods, wind storms, ice storms and hurricanes. I have seen him devote his time as an Alderman AND he still has time to hold a full time job and be a "barfly". Pretty good time management abilities.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of66
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

21 Users are viewing the Portageville Forum right now

Search the Portageville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
unusual sayings (Dec '08) 10 min yep548 81
MO Missouri's Prop C: Voters Set to Challenge Heal... (Aug '10) 13 min pete 18,914
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) 24 min Agriculture 6,875
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 30 min Chilli J 92,331
daycare tanning 2 hr tanning 5
srg 2 hr Guest 19
topix 2 hr Allison 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Portageville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Portageville People Search