anyone hear about a body found near Point pleasanr
A friend

United States

#3 Dec 10, 2012
irvin matlock
sad

Dexter, MO

#4 Dec 11, 2012
Something about this doesn't add up. My prayers go out to his family.
Sad here too

United States

#5 Dec 11, 2012
I agree, something doesnt add up. How do you leave a legally blind man out there by himself??

Saint Charles, MO

#7 Dec 12, 2012
Is there a reason the gf did not notify or send someone for him once she made it home.......?
silly
#8 Dec 12, 2012
who was his girlfriend? and i know that i surely wouldnt leave my blind old man out there alone in a thunderstorm that is crazy. was she on drugs or somethin i think she has something to do with all of this!!!!
guest also

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Dec 12, 2012
you know all of this doesn't make any sense....and like guest #1 I have to agree as to why didn't someone go back after him!!! How do you get separated from a blind man, as reported on the news? To many unanswered questions as far as I'm concerned!! Hopefully someone will be truthful and tell the real story....why are you walking when you have a vehicle..why go camping this time of the year..how do you go off and leave a legally blind man..why didn't someone notify the authorities immediately..drown??..the biggest drought since ??..yeah we had some rain, but the size of the ditch, how deep was the water?? Way to many to continue!!! May God be with the family!!!
sad

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Dec 13, 2012
GF got home it was reported to irvin's mothers family he was lost and they did not even brother to get out and look for him. maybe could have saved his life if family had cared enough to look for him.
rhonda

Malden, MO

#11 Dec 13, 2012
girlfriend did not tell the family until 10 to 6 am the next morning when it was reported to the police, that girl was questioned all day long and told nothing but repeated lies, she should be locked up period. also when they went to question her she was so messed up she fell out the front door. Shes to blame for this and i will go to my grave pissed at her cause in my mind she killed my cousin. god bless her soul.
sad

Saint Louis, MO

#12 Dec 13, 2012
somebody some where had to know the man was out there alone in the storm it's a shame they didnt try to find him.
rhonda

Malden, MO

#13 Dec 14, 2012
I totally agree i personally did not find out until 830 pm monday that anyting was even wrong and that time i was told by someone in the sheriffs departmenttthe had been found dead and thn told the story had i known he would not have been out there and i would have found him. I love my cousins regardless of what is said or the fact that my so called family treats me. All i can say is irv i love you and always will .
sad

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Dec 14, 2012
which side of family are you related to so sad ?
Typical

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Dec 14, 2012
rhonda wrote:
I totally agree i personally did not find out until 830 pm monday that anyting was even wrong and that time i was told by someone in the sheriffs departmenttthe had been found dead and thn told the story had i known he would not have been out there and i would have found him. I love my cousins regardless of what is said or the fact that my so called family treats me. All i can say is irv i love you and always will .
This is a very sad situation, but so typical in SE Missouri.
uncalled for

Kennett, MO

#16 Dec 14, 2012
I don't see how you can run off and leave a person that you are suppose to care for, especially knowing he has a disability like he had. No matter what took place, he should have not been left alone!!!!! Why were they out there in the first place?? One person is right, someone did know he was out there in the storm alone, and that someone LEFT him out in the storm alone. I just think that there is alot more to this story than the gf is telling. FOr the person saying it was reported to his mothers family and that they did not bother to look for him, how is his mother suppose to look for him? If you know his mom, then you know why I asked you that question. Stop trying to cover for the girl that left him out there. If his GF cared enough for him she wouldn't have left him out there!!
read

Saint Louis, MO

#19 Dec 14, 2012
I think comment said mother's family members I didn't read mother
uncalled for

Kennett, MO

#20 Dec 14, 2012
read wrote:
I think comment said mother's family members I didn't read mother
If you know this family, then you will also know what I mean about his mother. His mother is not the only one I am talking about. Like I said, if the GF really loved and cared for him, then she wouldn't have left him there alone or at all. Why would she have had to call anyways?? The GF was there with him, til she left him. I'm sorry, but you just don't do that to someone with a disability like his. If the GF wouldn't have left him, there would not have been a reason for her to call anyone.
rhonda

Malden, MO

#21 Jan 22, 2013
maybe if after the girl called irvins cousin james 3 times to ask him to take her back out there then irvin would be ok instead james lied about her calls and maybe when it was reported to mark stalkton that night he could have been saved. a lay a lot of blame on a lot of people including her and the family. i would have demanded an autopsy but know that wasnt done either. the whole thing makes me sick at my stomach i hope all those involved pays for this tragedy. And let me say this blind yes but can still use a phone. or have his aunt check on him when it started storming but hey who am i to judge
Someone who knows

United States

#22 Feb 1, 2013
Untill u r in that situation i would not assume or judge.. The gf loved and did care for him beyond words! She did tell the family. The family did nothin his aunt had to let her in their home and she did nothin his own aunt. So before u assume u know what they went through that night i would stop talkin trash.. Clean ur own porch and let her grieve she lost the love of her life.. U people seriously need to stop
Anonymous

Chesapeake, OH

#24 Feb 3, 2013
rhonda wrote:
maybe if after the girl called irvins cousin james 3 times to ask him to take her back out there then irvin would be ok instead james lied about her calls and maybe when it was reported to mark stalkton that night he could have been saved. a lay a lot of blame on a lot of people including her and the family. i would have demanded an autopsy but know that wasnt done either. the whole thing makes me sick at my stomach i hope all those involved pays for this tragedy. And let me say this blind yes but can still use a phone. or have his aunt check on him when it started storming but hey who am i to judge
i did what i thought what was right! His aunt the one that dropped us off knew we forgot the cell phone at home acted like it would kill her to take one of us back to go get it thats when he said we would b ok she watches the weather everyday and knew the weather was goin to b bad and never told us. If we would have known that we never would have gone she knew i had no clue where i was and no way of being able to do anything if somethin happened. Thats pretty shitty to put someone in that situation and that night i showed up there wet and cold and crying cuz i didnt know what to do she went to bed i did call his cousin check irvin cell phone and see how i tried to get help its all right there and seriously why didnt the athorties do anything they knew that night i did what i could and noone would help so go to hell some cousin u r and again u would have known that and u would have known me so dont b acting like u care now.. U have no clue what i go through everyday without him and if u cared so much then u would have known how much i loved him
eyes wide open

Saint Louis, MO

#26 Feb 4, 2013
izzy_single wrote:
<quoted text> Her name is laura hampton
Are you the one that was married to Chris Meador??? This says alot, if so!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portageville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whos the girl that drives the blue malabiu that... 4 hr mee 1
srg 7 hr Knowledge 2
Larry truelove on dope 13 hr Curiousmarvin 5
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Missouri (... (Oct '10) 15 hr Farts 1,088
Fish house (Jul '16) 21 hr Rodney Farva 6
Who owns the empty lots on state street? 21 hr Lonewolf78 3
Doug Morlan Sat FamilyFriend 1

Portageville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Portageville Mortgages