#23 Oct 14, 2008
hmmm wrote:
my grannie works there.
put in for your social security
Portageville Resident

United States

#24 Oct 14, 2008
worker wrote:
i have worked there for many years and have seen slower times than this and things worked out just fine. And some of there are hard workers and care about the job we do there. I have always been taught to my best at anything I do. I don't kiss butt or brown nose I just do my job. Like maybe you should
right on the money
Portageville Resident

United States

#25 Oct 14, 2008
worker wrote:
<quoted text>
just wondering how you got a job there by the way you spell had to read between the lines to make any sense out of what you said
you don't have to be a top dollar education to know bull when you see it.
you ppl are nuts

Kennett, MO

#26 Oct 14, 2008
i have many family members and extended family members that work up there and you are nuts to think that it's who you know or what you "do" for them to keep your job! you know how they keep their job they work their butt off and do their jobs right! if you work your butt off you'll keep your job too!
worker 2

Dexter, MO

#27 Oct 15, 2008
My Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>Get rid of Payne,he and the rest will be there when your long gone. They know their job.
LMMFAO not so true
worker 2

Dexter, MO

#28 Oct 15, 2008
Portageville Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you're probably right, they'll be there long after I'm gone, taking money out of your back pocket also, and the back door.
SO VERY TRUE
Jack 397

Saint Louis, MO

#29 Oct 15, 2008
What everyone needs to do is just do there job and stop running down SRAP give it time changes is on the way.And the buddy system is going out the door and all that is doing all of it.I know after the frist of the year things will start changing beleave me.And all those that miss work and late half of the time will be gone.
beautiful hate

Saint Louis, MO

#30 Oct 15, 2008
i really hope that everything turns out ok many people depend on that place to make a livin
Portageville Resident

United States

#31 Oct 15, 2008
you ppl are nuts wrote:
i have many family members and extended family members that work up there and you are nuts to think that it's who you know or what you "do" for them to keep your job! you know how they keep their job they work their butt off and do their jobs right! if you work your butt off you'll keep your job too!
if you say so, why should you work your butt off just for a fist full of dollars.
Miss Daisy

United States

#32 Oct 15, 2008
IMO, those who DO work their butt off should be recognized, instead of just pushed to the side like they dont matter. It seems pretty funny to me that the one who sit up there and dont do shit, are still there, and are getting a check! They should be fired. Bottom line. Why they still have a job beats the hell out of me. They dont show up half the time or call in, and when they are there they dont do shit but run their mouth and gossip. The people that can fire them dont, that just doesnt make sense to me--they let them keep their job and act like they are the o' so important ones and let them get by with shit. Its ridiculous!
Sassy

Caruthersville, MO

#33 Oct 15, 2008
One thing that would make it better is random drug testing. Another when something goes wrong with a part or whatever let the WHOLE plant know so they can watch for it. LACK OF COMMUNICATION. More quality control. Everyone who works there should be on the same team and work together not against one another.
worker 2

Dexter, MO

#34 Oct 16, 2008
Sassy wrote:
One thing that would make it better is random drug testing. Another when something goes wrong with a part or whatever let the WHOLE plant know so they can watch for it. LACK OF COMMUNICATION. More quality control. Everyone who works there should be on the same team and work together not against one another.
and i very well agree with that a person finally knows what there talkiing about maybe we need you a the NEWPLANT MANG.
local

United States

#35 Oct 16, 2008
I too agree with "Sassy", if they would do random drug testing, half the freakin' place would be gone! Too many people up there are doing one thing or another, its not fair for them to keep their job. Its also a safety hazard...they need to straighten up that place big time before they have a lawsuit on their hands.
Good Citizen

Dexter, MO

#36 Oct 16, 2008
I worked at Plastene(Siegel-Roberts)for a lot of years.Years ago it was a thriving business. Of course, that was back when foreman like Jim Knight and Larry Thacker,Charlie Collins, Louis Miller, Larry Keown,Charles Johnson,Larry Lindley and Jimmy Plunkett ran Plant 1. They, along with many of the older employees were what kept that factory going. Of course, with time passing and many of the younger people taking over, it's not done so well. Even back when I worked there, there were some who kissed butt to get ahead on the totem pole and the management was more about the work than how their foremen dressed. However,the drug issue started some time ago and has gotten worse with a lot of the hiring of so many young people.Drugs are like alcohol, it,s going to take some real effort to get them under control. Kinda like society has done with smoking in many places.
jack379

Saint Louis, MO

#37 Oct 17, 2008
i all so have work at SRAP for along time myself and i have seen it slow.I rember at one time they ran about three to four days aweek now that was slow didnt make much but you had a job.Now some are still talking about the buddy system well thars go on in just any place you work.Thats something you have to look over. but what i hearing the new owners are going to do away with the buddy system.But if they dont just be glad you have a job.
worker 2

Dexter, MO

#38 Oct 17, 2008
does joe dirt still work out there ??
I know

Katy, TX

#39 Oct 17, 2008
Don'y forget Gene Williams Spent alot of time working his tail off there.Damn good supervisor
Good Citizen

Dexter, MO

#40 Oct 17, 2008
"I Know" is right, I did forget Gene Williams, he was a real good supervisor. Sorry! Plastene has had a lot of good workers who have moved on to other jobs and a lot of very loyal, hard-working people who have died while they were still employed there. The place will never be the same. However, for the ones who are still working there, I hope it survives this awful mess with the economy. I still have many good friends who work there.
Sassy

Caruthersville, MO

#41 Oct 17, 2008
Charlie Collins,Jim Knight,Lewis Miller,Larry Keown, Larry Lindly,John & Donna Mongomery, John & Diane Fielder,Bryce & Faye Walker, Vickie Douglas,Mary Keown, Gene Williams, Larry Mayberry all hard working Supervisors for this company. Some have passed away, retired, some move away,some found better pay, few are left that have that drive to do a good job and treat the crew with respect and stand up for them when needed. Mr. Charlie once said I treat the other person like I want to be treated and I get respect and workers who are happy work harder. Now they say if your mad they think you will work harder. Are they CRAZY? I knoW what I want to do for someone who has made me mad...NOTHIN
Sassy

Caruthersville, MO

#42 Oct 17, 2008
Different breed of supervisors now. Just keep trying to think positive that's all a person can do and pray.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portageville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 4 min White House Muslim 96,924
MO Ferguson Police Chief Just Shocked Everyone Wit... 1 hr Mugsy 440
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 1 hr zimbobwayy 2,705
meth dillers 2 hr fbi 1
Dollar General 4 hr wow 4
Triplets 11 hr curious 1
Football Mon Redblack 12
•••
•••
•••

Portageville Jobs

•••
•••