Man from Missouri

Branson, MO

#1 Nov 11, 2009
Where are you? kids that attended Hayward School, then went on to attend Ross High the day it was built until 1957-1958-1959 and the ones that attended Ross at that time but dropped out, R.G.P, G.P., D.A., I know where V.H. lives, I am P.B., get back to me on this forum.

Since: Oct 09

Edenton, NC

#2 Nov 11, 2009
I bet somebody might be getting out a yearbook and arriving at some sort of answer here for you. I remember there was a sign across the front of the building that said the school name, and I think it said "1952" was when it was built; but I am not sure of that date. Maybe someone else will know. Maybe there is an story in one of the archives of the local newspapers that has a picture of the first graduating class. There used to be big framed pictures of each graduating class in the hallway near the front offices, but I am not even sure if when those were taken down, if in fact they were. Someone will know a lot more about this, I would think, and kick in here when they see your link. No doubt. A lot of good young people graduated from that school.
the thought

Edenton, NC

#3 Nov 13, 2009
Man from Missouri wrote:
Where are you? kids that attended Hayward School, then went on to attend Ross High the day it was built until 1957-1958-1959 and the ones that attended Ross at that time but dropped out, R.G.P, G.P., D.A., I know where V.H. lives, I am P.B., get back to me on this forum.
Might help if someone could post the principal or superintendent names of that time period?
Man from Missouri

Ava, MO

#4 Nov 20, 2009
The Supt name was Long, I think, he was young, he died of a heart attack I believe he was in his 20 or early 30s, It's been a long time ago.
I think

Edenton, NC

#5 Nov 24, 2009
Man from Missouri wrote:
The Supt name was Long, I think, he was young, he died of a heart attack I believe he was in his 20 or early 30s, It's been a long time ago.
I think that is right, then a Danley (sp?), a Moore and then a Rorex?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portageville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Deere 38 min Patient 3
Portageville's urban legends! (Sep '07) 1 hr New to town 47
Need info on Lilbourn please Thu Thank you 1
News Teresa Butler Case (Feb '10) May 26 top notch 64
Needs a job bad May 26 shortie 2
Well js (Sep '15) May 26 Invincible 10
Allison Walters May 26 guest 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Portageville Mortgages