Spring Lake Resort, located in Kalamazoo

Spring Lake Resort, located in Kalamazoo

Posted in the Portage Forum

SandyBean

Portage, MI

#1 Aug 20, 2010
This place is awesome. Does anyone know how to get a tour for a membership!?

If so please contact me at SandyBeann2@hotmail.com

Please only serious writers, and you must have all fees paid before I will purchase it. The last guy tried to sell me one for 3,000.00 but he had about 6,000.00 in dues he owed.....not cool!
Shelley Motts

United States

#2 Sep 6, 2010
Campground is great. Very kid friendly. We really enjoy camping there. The only problem is people can not seem to abide by the 7 mile per hour speed limit. Someone is going to get hit by a vehicle. I think speed bumps should be installed, especially coming down cardiac hill and around to the stop sign. How a kid on a bike hasn't been hit by now, is a miracle.
Stephanie

Fenton, MI

#3 Dec 29, 2010
I just saw your post on your interest in membership. Finances are very tight for us right now and we have made a tough decision to sell our membership. The package we bought is called the Gold Deluxe I will double check on the exact details if you are still interested. We want to sell for $3000, package is $7000 in value. We are current on all payments and annual maintenance dues. This is not a scam. I can get you the number if you would like a tour. Thanks for your time and I hope to hear from you one way or the other. Sincerely,

Stephanie
SandyBean wrote:
This place is awesome. Does anyone know low to get a tour for a memberb
If so please contact me at SandyBeann2@hotmail.com
Please only serious writers, and you must have all fees paid before I will purchase it. The last guy tried to sell me one for 3,000.00 but he had about 6,000.00 in dues he owed.....not cool!
Kim Carson-Colley

Monroe, MI

#4 Mar 8, 2011
My husband and I are interested in selling our membership to the campground. We purchased it in 2006 and have camped there only three times. If anyone is interested, send me an email.
kim_carson@comcast.net
Sam Athen

Battle Creek, MI

#5 Mar 10, 2012
This place is a scam. My husband used to be a salesman for them and everything they sell you is a lie. You can get better dealson Expedia.If all you do is camp and you own an RV then the speel they give you MIGHT and i stress MIGHT be worth it. The manager Gabe- is nothing but a con artist. This facility has already had to change it's name three times to hide out from unhappy people.
Laura

Troy, MI

#6 Mar 15, 2012
What is the real deal on the tour and the gifts??...They state you really get 2 of the 5 gifts listed (Like a disney Vac or $500 Cash, Watches etc) for just listening to their speel for 90 min....We have a camper, but if this is a scam then I'm not sure we want to get our kids involved in something like this....Please only honest answers!!
Laura

Troy, MI

#7 Mar 15, 2012
Sam Athen wrote:
This place is a scam. My husband used to be a salesman for them and everything they sell you is a lie. You can get better dealson Expedia.If all you do is camp and you own an RV then the speel they give you MIGHT and i stress MIGHT be worth it. The manager Gabe- is nothing but a con artist. This facility has already had to change it's name three times to hide out from unhappy people.
***Hi...I just posted a question on the Gifts you are suppose to get for the 90 min speel like a Disney Vac, Watches, TV,$500 cash etc...what's the deal with the prizes, is it legitimate??(it states no olbigation).
Camper Girl

United States

#8 Mar 21, 2012
If your doing it for the gifts, skip it. We bought our membership last winter, and my family had the best summer of our lives. You can go in for two weeks at a time, then come out for a week, so its not like a seasonal, but look at the math. We paid full price for ours, probably our bad, but were young and will not be in a position to really travel out of state for a while, so this works for us. Anyways, we pay 1250 a year for 5 years, plus our quarterly dues. If we were to do a seasonal membership, which we would probably use the same amount of time, we would spend between 1500-2000. And I'm done paying for it after 5 years, other then my quarterly dues. Looking at it from a state park perspective, we would spend about 41 nights in that system, which doesnt really work very well for us since the closest parks to Kalamazoo are Gun Lake (which is so hard to get into) and Fort Custer (not a whole lot to do there). This way, we spend almost 60 days out there (15 minute drive for my husband to work)and my kids have a blast.
Adam

Lansing, MI

#9 Jan 18, 2013
This place is a scam. They called me several times trying to get my wife and I to come visit and take a tour of the campground. They guaranteed us over the phone just for taking the tour we would recieve the following:$500 in cash, a 27" Sony Flat screen, and a trip to Disney. Once we arrived the salesman confessed none of these prizes were true and that his telemarketing sales staff always over promised. Once he found out we actually camped he was less than interested in selling us a membership. He said the membersship was 8K, I guess they would rather sell to people who want their timeshares in other places? Not sure if those even exist. The salesman didnt even have ANY promotional material, nothing. We never even recived a tour of the campground. This place is a SCAM. I am not surprised people and businesses like this exist but I am surprised someone hasnt had their way with them. To the management of Spring Lake - good luck and sleep well. I am sure it wont be long before you mess with wrong person.
becca

Farmington, MI

#10 Jan 30, 2013
We just got a call to come pick up a prize we won. Is this a scam to get us in the door? I'm not wasting $100 in gas and 3 hour drive to be scammed
John and Mary Johnson

Allegan, MI

#11 Apr 4, 2013
This is not a scam spring lake is a beautiful resort. All i have to say is go check it out me and my family have went there for years and saved alot of money vacationing through there system. I had all my friends get memberships there and they have all also saved alot of money through there camping system
Jeanie

Grand Rapids, MI

#12 Apr 8, 2013
I have a membership I would like to sell. My Husband and I have owned it for about 2 1/2 years and don't use it as much as we thought we would. Our kids hae moved out of state and we seem to go there when we have time. I will make you a good deal. If you are interested plase e-mail me at
jeanieit@hotmail.com or ltrantham@hughes.net

Thanks
Jeanie
Jamie

Saint Johns, MI

#13 Jun 29, 2013
We foolishly just sat through their sales pitch today. Had no intention of purchasing anything (which we did not) just wanted the two free airline tickets. Got two vouchers which require us to submit $200 and wait for a vacation package from Smart Travel (Google them - a scam I am sure). We live out in the country, I have camped at State and National Parks all over the country. This campground is a joke. Two tiny, man mad "lakes", a filthy lodge with a peeling deck. Take your kids to a State Park, you and the state will all be better off.
tk camper

United States

#14 Aug 18, 2013
We have membership for sale in good standing (paid up to date) will like to sell for balance due. If interested send email to t.cottrill69@yahoo.com
Donna

Novi, MI

#16 Oct 15, 2014
If you want out of your contract you need to write a complaint letter to the Attorney Generals office. They will help you but you don't get any of your money back. Just peace of mind that you will never have to pay anymore money to those people. I just got out and know of several other people who have too. Only took me 3 months to hear back from them. Just go to Michigan Attorney Generals website or copy and paste this link. There is a lot of information to check out including collection agencies rules they have to go by.
http://www.michigan.gov/ag/0,4534,7-164-17331...
Spring Lake Resort/American Campground/Adventure Resort is all owned by the same person. Be sure to spread the word!!! Stay away.
Good Luck

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tax, fee hikes still needed for road funding fi... 7 hr Richard Start 1
Adventure Resorts of America Kalamazoo mi (Mar '14) Mon nothappy 39
Sorriest Radio Amateur of ALL TIME KZ8O of Pa... (Jan '11) May 29 CDN 5
KZ8O and Company (Jul '08) May 29 CDN 3
Why are you folks in Michigan so RUDE for? (Dec '10) May 21 John 36
Any girls wanna f*ck? May 16 PPHS staff 2
XXX Video store? May 14 Denny 1
More from around the web

Portage People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE