Will Mattawan ever get broadband high...
Mattawan Resident

Muskegon, MI

#21 Dec 12, 2013
I love to see Mattawan residents coming together to express there disgust of the available ISP's in mattawan. But We need to take this to the nest level! Share this page on FB. Contact as many ISP's as you can express your need and desire for there services. This post is doing no good if know one can read it! Please help spread the word so People can hear our cry. No ISP is going to be interested in expanding into an area if they dont think there will be a demand. Lets get together and bring our community into the 21st century.

ISP = Internet Service Provider
want cable internet

Mattawan, MI

#22 Apr 21, 2014
I to have the wireless service, and so far am happy with how it functions other than the slower speed. I was told by them that they will be upgrading to 7MBPS soon at no extra charge to existing customers, so am hoping it happens soon
cwa

Pullman, MI

#23 Apr 30, 2014
DSL less wrote:
I'm right on the village line. Its a bunch of crap we can't get hi speed
I know right We live right by the school and only have the choice of frontier or media com and they both suck and service is even worse. we need to go to a township meeting and make it happen...But I never know when their meetings are. Grrrrr
Mattawan resident

Liberty, MO

#24 May 3, 2014
There is a list of township meeting at the village website

http://www.mattawanmi.com/index
Hamilton Drive

United States

#25 Jun 3, 2014
I am next to the softball fields and the high school, and after multiple calls to Mediacom with conflicting answers they only provide cable. I had 4 calls telling me that they provide internet, phone, and cable. And 2 stating they do not. They have 1 website stating they provide the 3. 1 that says only cable. I know comcast still hasn't worked it way out. I am on the verge of just sucking it up and paying the satellite costs from Exede or HughesNet. There has to be reasons why these bigger ISPs are not coming to this area when I know plenty of smaller villages and cities in Van Buren that have high speed internet and other services. I mean what do we need our own community to band together provide a local provider. Usually is faster and more reliable anyhow.
Mattawan resident

Pittsburgh, PA

#26 Jul 21, 2014
Mediacom has stated to me that they can bring high speed internet to mattawan but they have no plans to do it. please contact mediacom and show your support for them to bring mattawan internet worth having!!!
Mattawan - Seth

Grand Rapids, MI

#27 Sep 8, 2014
Any developments on this? I've been searching for weeks for my parents (off of 44th AVE) and have come up with nothing but 4G and satellite internet that only offers limited data plans. Even with 4G we're stuck using Verizon because they are the only ISP that has enough towers around.
Mattawan resident

Pittsburgh, PA

#28 Oct 20, 2014
I quite reaching out to Mediacom because I wasn't getting anywhere with them.
Mattawan resident

Pittsburgh, PA

#29 Oct 20, 2014
Comcast wont expand internet because they say mediacom is in the area. and mediacom wont actualy cover the area they hold the rights too.
Mad in Mattawan

Grayling, MI

#30 Nov 9, 2014
Should we start a petition to get get comcast or charter to cover our area? I can not stand getting ripped off another day by Frontier

Mattawan resident wrote:
Comcast wont expand internet because they say mediacom is in the area. and mediacom wont actualy cover the area they hold the rights too.
Hamilton Dr

Avoca, MI

#31 Nov 9, 2014
Mad in Mattawan wrote:
Should we start a petition to get get comcast or charter to cover our area? I can not stand getting ripped off another day by Frontier
<quoted text>
I'm with you!! At least find out what the official reasoning is. Is it Mattawan officials? Is it the rights? We have a bigger population than some of the nearby villages/cities, so that cannot be the reason. They do not have to dig, though they would prefer it (cheaper to maintain). My family has been talking about moving purely to go to an area that has cheaper/more reliable/internet and cable that is actually on par with our current technology not a service that is outdated and expensive. I know someone previously suggested going to one of the meetings.
Whooper

Ashburn, VA

#32 Dec 1, 2014
Doubt it
Mattawan resident

Pittsburgh, PA

#33 Jan 30, 2015
The federal communications commission today, 1/30/15, signed a new bill changing the definition of braudband internet from 4mbs to 24mbs. Because of this frontier cant claim that they offer braudband and now Mattawan has 0 braudband providers
Hamilton Drive

Kalamazoo, MI

#34 Feb 1, 2015
Mattawan resident wrote:
The federal communications commission today, 1/30/15, signed a new bill changing the definition of braudband internet from 4mbs to 24mbs. Because of this frontier cant claim that they offer braudband and now Mattawan has 0 braudband providers
That would be awesome, but I don't think Frontier cares, because they can still charge however they want because they are the sole provider in the area... Also they offer 6 Mbps DL, we just never get 6 Mbps... I pay for 6 and no matter the time of day it is always between 3-4... And I live near the local hub.
Mattawan resident

Pittsburgh, PA

#35 Feb 6, 2015
Has anyone looked into this further? or had any responce from the Village or the Internet Service providers
Mattawan resident

Pittsburgh, PA

#36 Feb 6, 2015
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/mattawan-mi/T... Tweet this Link to Frontier Comm and to MediaCom, if they know there is a high demand for high speed internet they might do something
Mattawan resident

Pittsburgh, PA

#37 Feb 11, 2015
https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us
That is the link to the FCC's website to file complaints please take advantage of this tool to bring your consers to the highest level of athority
Higgz

Mattawan, MI

#38 Mar 11, 2015
I also live on Hamilton drive and the internet is sketchy at best. We need to get something better here in town especially with the new subdivision going in across the street. It's going to bottleneck this lame dsl even more than it currently is.
Resident

Roscommon, MI

#39 Mar 20, 2015
The Village of Mattawan is working on this for us. But it may take awhile for that to happen, we may be able to help speed this process if we speak out and continue to address our concerns. Please contact the Local village, any internet providers who may be able to service the are and if at all possible the FCC
Village of Mattawan

Yale, MI

#40 Mar 20, 2015
Resident wrote:
The Village of Mattawan is working on this for us. But it may take awhile for that to happen, we may be able to help speed this process if we speak out and continue to address our concerns. Please contact the Local village, any internet providers who may be able to service the are and if at all possible the FCC
What is your source? Not to doubt your info. Just want to be sure because I have been trying to push this along for Comcast and have not made much headway. I have actually gotten close to helping a friend start a local ISP to get us out from frontiers thumb. Fcc won't do anything as we have DSL offered at 6 down and 1 up. Though we do not get that at any time of day or night. Comcast goes right to the kalamazoo Mattawan line and still provides services for some Mattawan residents living on van kal, along with some Comcast employees living in the village. So far they have not been helpful, just repeating their company line to get you off the phone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any Fathers Out There Jul 11 Miupnorf 1
jack elliott Jun 23 ? 1
Review: Spring Lake Campground (Aug '09) Jun '16 Tom 247
wanted person faryn lee rynd info (Jun '14) May '16 Zach 2
New!!! Kalamazoo Cobras Professional Minor Leag... May '16 AmberCobra16 1
Adventure Resorts of America Kalamazoo mi (Mar '14) May '16 Member 54
Jr Trinidad Ramírez, what ever name he wants to... May '16 Brandy 4

Portage Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance