3 employees assaulted outside Portage...

3 employees assaulted outside Portage restaurant

There are 8 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Aug 11, 2008, titled 3 employees assaulted outside Portage restaurant. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

Three employees were assaulted during an armed robbery outside a Portage restaurant, according to authorities.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

Tracy

Grandville, MI

#1 Aug 11, 2008
oh man, why did I just read that? I am out of work in like 5mins(it 2am) and I have to walk out alone to my car, in the dark:( Maybe I will have somebody (a BIG man) walk me to my car. And no I dont work at a strip club.
what up

Grand Rapids, MI

#2 Aug 11, 2008
they were probably stealing money fo drugs. it is portage you know. I would check they high school year book for mugshots.
lost in translation

Denver, CO

#3 Aug 12, 2008
We are reading more and more of this all the time. It is a sign of the times.
maureenlee

Kalamazoo, MI

#4 Aug 12, 2008
sounds to me like it may be the same pair that robbed the subway on Gull rd.
Sunshine

Littleton, CO

#5 Aug 12, 2008
Yesterday we were saying how there should always be more than one employee in the building at all times. I guess it does not always work that way.
I also think that the victims should have gone to the hospital to be checked out, not only for their own safety, but if these guys get caught the penalty could be harsher woth evidence of the injury.
I hope the victims can mentally recover from this.
inaw

United States

#6 Aug 12, 2008
I am just curious, why would you be running the garbage out at the time of night anyways??? the story on the news showed the hours of operation to be from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.; maybe they need to re-think how they do things so this wont happen again.. Im sorry that this is a growing problem in this area.. i work for a restaurant that had a guy try to rob us about 2 months ago.. luckily, he did not manage to get away with any cash; however, he did hold a gun to one of our employees heads.. emotional scars are worse than physical ones.. i hope they can recover from this

Since: Feb 08

United States

#7 Aug 12, 2008
People need to arm themselves and fight back.

This activity will only continue to get worse as desperate people keep seeing more & more people get away with thoughts they may already have!
leighlee

Grandville, MI

#8 Aug 12, 2008
Here's a tip for everyone: When walking out to your car at night alone, have your keys out and ready, put your car key in between your index and middle finger and make a fist. If somebody comes up to you punch them hard so that you stab them with the key and when they are caught off guard kick them in the junk and then run to a safe palce to call the cops. And girls: If your about to be raped, dont fight. Wait untill he pulls down his pants, pull down on his balls HARD and then kick him off you and run to safty and call cops. He wont be able to run after you if you pull hard enough.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New!!! Kalamazoo Cobras Professional Minor Leag... May 17 AmberCobra16 1
Adventure Resorts of America Kalamazoo mi (Mar '14) May 17 Member 54
Jr Trinidad Ramírez, what ever name he wants to... May 3 Brandy 4
News Al Capone's West Michigan ties: Fact or fun-fic... (Jan '06) May 3 mandi10 816
News 18-year-old Detroit man shot over $400 Nike Air... (Dec '12) Apr '16 Poo-Bear 36
News Trina L. Peake, 25, charged with murder in Kala... (Apr '12) Apr '16 zoumonkie 7
Will Mattawan ever get broadband high speed int... (Oct '07) Apr '16 Mattawan resident 44
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Portage Mortgages